Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55
Powerdyne BD-11A on a C55?

Hello all-

My first post......

I have a 2005 C55 that is completely stock (except resonator delete). I've come across a used Powerdyne BD-11A that is practically free (it's a friend's). It was installed on his 2002 F-150, but he removed it a couple years ago and it's been stored in his garage. He babied it - it has 1,000 on it miles since rebuild (not sure what the total miles are).

Has anyone installed this system on a C55? Pros/cons? Things to be careful of? I would imagine the solution would be almost identical to that of CLK55. (I did see the thread about the Powerdyne on a 2002 CLK55, but the model of the SC wasn't mentioned, and the 2002 was a slightly different body style.)

It would require some creativity even if it would fit because the kit he got was for his F-150. This obviously isn't the ideal setup but like I said, it's almost free, unlike new Kleemann, RENNtech, etc.

I have ZERO experience with forced induction, but this seems like a pretty good opportunity.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by sbenner
Hello all-

My first post......

I have a 2005 C55 that is completely stock (except resonator delete). I've come across a used Powerdyne BD-11A that is practically free (it's a friend's). It was installed on his 2002 F-150, but he removed it a couple years ago and it's been stored in his garage. He babied it - it has 1,000 on it miles since rebuild (not sure what the total miles are).

Has anyone installed this system on a C55? Pros/cons? Things to be careful of? I would imagine the solution would be almost identical to that of CLK55. (I did see the thread about the Powerdyne on a 2002 CLK55, but the model of the SC wasn't mentioned, and the 2002 was a slightly different body style.)

It would require some creativity even if it would fit because the kit he got was for his F-150. This obviously isn't the ideal setup but like I said, it's almost free, unlike new Kleemann, RENNtech, etc.

I have ZERO experience with forced induction, but this seems like a pretty good opportunity.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Shane
A powerdyne, on a C55 would be a total pain in the butt. Then you got to tune for it. along with a whole bunch of other crazy things. Take it if its cheap. You may find a use for it on something down the road.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by greatwrk9
Take it to the mechanic. This is the best way u can help yourself.
you have made over 7 posts on different threads saying to take it to a mechanic. thats really not the purpose of this forum. its the exchange of ideas from members who do the work themselves and pass their knowledge on. there are many techs on here. between the engineers techs designers and scientists here most things are covered!