MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
hooley.....check your phone
Old 09-12-2009, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
I really like these, but they ARE 19's. But they look good and aren't very common:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/313985-sale-19-volk-progressive-me-rims-tires.html
Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
I really like these, but they ARE 19's. But they look good and aren't very common:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/313985-sale-19-volk-progressive-me-rims-tires.html
22lbs each
Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
LOL, Just a few minutes ago I was blasting down the road with my very load exhaust bellowing. I got a full tank of 100oct race fuel. smoking a cigarette and cranking some Iron Maiden. When I realized I missed my turn. So I pulled into the suicide lane for the uturn that resulted in a sideways drift. Then I came up on a Civic hybrid going to slow. As I passed him with my 5mpg floored gas peddle I kinda laughed to myself... Saying "what ever money I've dumped into my car is worth every penny. Rather than drive a boring car."

My last car was a 2002 S500. It had reclining back seats, voice recognition, lots of wood grain trim, It was nice. But it was also terribly boring to drive... After some thought I sold the S500 to a friend so I could get a car the was more of an expression of me.

Life is to short to be cruzin in S500's with 2.5 kids, only being able to go out for happy hour on occasion with some co-workers..., But you cant stay long, only one beer, because the wife has dinner on the table and you got a tennis match in the morning. Not to mention a "Honey Do" list a mile long.

^^^ Those are all decisions I chose not to make. The big ol' S500 screams mundane, boring, and "Honey did this cordless drill come with directions?"

Thats not me bro, and it may not be you. But its sure is what I feel the S500 says about someone.

For me, Its goes like this: I'm going to make this post. Then take a shower. I'm going to call some friends up and hit up a bar for a night of Beer, shots, good company. Then after I might head over a friends house for some late night parting. I will be doing all this with smoked headlights and smoke coming from my tires.

I would rather ruin a nice AMG, than ruin my life driving another S500.

But to each his own.
well, I was gonna let this go, but now you come up with this nonsense.

1. You enjoy driving recklessly. Thats great. Just don't kill anybody but yourself, and don't whine too much when you get your ticket.

2. So if you drive an S500, you must be some kind of sissy or something? Since when has the car defined the man? interesting logic. I guess than anyone who owns a C-class must be a just out of college $30k millionaire whose trying to impress everyone with the cheapest late model benz right? wow, stereotypes are fun.

3. So guys with s500s don't go out for "late night partying". If you saw most of the dopes on the 220 forum, you might think otherwise. Hopefully you won't be doing too much drinking and driving.

4. Lets face it, your 480rwhp c-class is a snoozer. I like quiet comfortable daily drivers, but I also like powerful cars. In case you missed the rest of the signature, I also have a blown mustang. It happens to make about 220RWHP more then your piddly little lysholm blown AMG V8, and actually has a manual transmission for those people that know how to drive. Not to mention I actually built the thing myself. 480rwhp isn't ****, period.

So, the take away from this is: Don't assume that because someone drives an S-class as a daily driver they can't understand raw, loud, and fast vehicles. You've just happen to have made yours ugly.

Oh, and don't smoke, its bad for you.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Oliverk

1. You enjoy driving recklessly. Thats great. Just don't kill anybody but yourself, and don't whine too much when you get your ticket.

2. So if you drive an S500, you must be some kind of sissy or something? Since when has the car defined the man? interesting logic. I guess than anyone who owns a C-class must be a just out of college $30k millionaire whose trying to impress everyone with the cheapest late model benz right? wow, stereotypes are fun.

3. So guys with s500s don't go out for "late night partying". If you saw most of the dopes on the 220 forum, you might think otherwise. Hopefully you won't be doing too much drinking and driving.

4. Lets face it, your 480rwhp c-class is a snoozer. I like quiet comfortable daily drivers, but I also like powerful cars. In case you missed the rest of the signature, I also have a blown mustang. It happens to make about 220RWHP more then your piddly little lysholm blown AMG V8, and actually has a manual transmission for those people that know how to drive. Not to mention I actually built the thing myself. 480rwhp isn't ****, period.

So, the take away from this is: Don't assume that because someone drives an S-class as a daily driver they can't understand raw, loud, and fast vehicles. You've just happen to have made yours ugly.

Mike, I like YOU and your car, all is good bud, all is GOOD!!!! (The fact that you live In Stevie Nick's hometown helps a bit too!!!)

Newzchspy!!

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-12-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Hey Poster above......
Why have you got to **** on Hooley's thread?

Your in NJ, he's in AZ. Hes no threat to you.
Just let it go............ and i've beaten many mustangs and cobras with the weekend puppy below
Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Hey Poster above......
Why have you got to **** on Hooley's thread?

Your in NJ, he's in AZ. Hes no threat to you.
Just let it go............ and i've beaten many mustangs and cobras with the weekend puppy below
Sweet photos on the Eurotek BBQ Moosie, sweet, real sweet
I see you got the Bucs tag, I just picked up the FSU Noles!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I see you got the Bucs tag, I just picked up the FSU Noles!!!
but this thread is hitting the gutter anyways (not bc of Hooley)
Look at what the DMV sent me as a replacement last week. I wish it would go back.

Glenn how did you get a noles tag. Are u living in So FLa?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
"M3LOL"
Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG

i'm lazy and so don't want to argue all of your points, which can be easily done....

i'll just argue the easy one......

you're fast car is a mustang......700whp?.....its still a mustang

i'd take a 480 whp benz over a 700whp mustang anyday.......because it is still just a mustang.....it isn't that hard nor impressive to make 700whp out of an american car....not to mention its relatively cheap
Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jturkel
i'm lazy and so don't want to argue all of your points, which can be easily done....

i'll just argue the easy one......

you're fast car is a mustang......700whp?.....its still a mustang

i'd take a 480 whp benz over a 700whp mustang anyday.......because it is still just a mustang.....it isn't that hard nor impressive to make 700whp out of an american car....not to mention its relatively cheap
neat. Yup, my car is a mustang. A cheap, poorly constructed american pos. Then again, his is a C-class, which isn't exactly the pinnacle of quality construction either.

So basically you are saying its easier and cheaper to get power out of american car (especially one with .7L less displacement). Isn't that a good thing? I forgot hp is only cool if it takes an obscene amount of money to get there. Is 480rwhp out of a 5.5L supercharged V8 really that impressive? You benz guys are so ridiculous when it comes to speed.

At the end of the day, all I hear is that his car is a "beast", "monster", so fast etc. None of that has to due with the manufacturer. And when he drives a truly fast car, he'll realize that 480rwhp isn't ****.

Then again, none of this has to do with which car anybody would prefer to have. It has to do with the fact that not all S-class owners are geriatrics that don't understand fast/loud/raw cars and that maybe Hooley should take it easy with his stereotypes because I don't care for his silly modifications.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
neat. Yup, my car is a mustang. A cheap, poorly constructed american pos. Then again, his is a C-class, which isn't exactly the pinnacle of quality construction either.

So basically you are saying its easier and cheaper to get power out of american car (especially one with .7L less displacement). Isn't that a good thing? I forgot hp is only cool if it takes an obscene amount of money to get there. Is 480rwhp out of a 5.5L supercharged V8 really that impressive? You benz guys are so ridiculous when it comes to speed.

At the end of the day, all I hear is that his car is a "beast", "monster", so fast etc. None of that has to due with the manufacturer. And when he drives a truly fast car, he'll realize that 480rwhp isn't ****.

Then again, none of this has to do with which car anybody would prefer to have. It has to do with the fact that not all S-class owners are geriatrics that don't understand fast/loud/raw cars and that maybe Hooley should take it easy with his stereotypes because I don't care for his silly modifications.
looks like you misread my post.....and yes, im really not an American car fan, particularly ford. i would prefer GM any day over ford.

and with regards to the hp and money comment, i'm saying it isnt impressive anymore to get 700whp out of a 99 american car. parts are mass produced for it which is why the parts are so cheap. this isn't quite the case for the european imports as mods people do not mod them and thus aftermarket parts are difficult to find and if found, made in smaller quantities....less demand, less quantity.....more expensive......which is why i'm not impressed by a 700whp ford

hooley made a project out of his car....you see more 700whp ford mustangs/fastbacks/cobras than you will mercedes........it is a feat for a MB to reach high numbers.....hooley has the highest dynoing C55......and i'd bet a lot you don't have the highest dynoing 99 cobra. it is more impressive what he has done with his options than yours....IMO....thats what i'm saying

and with that, i'm done posting in this thread.

let the conversation go back to opinions of Hooley's blackout mods...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
but this thread is hitting the gutter anyways (not bc of Hooley)
Look at what the DMV sent me as a replacement last week. I wish it would go back.

Glenn how did you get a noles tag. Are u living in So FLa?
Me likey the Bucs Tag!! What does it mean?? Name I assume??? I really do like the M3LOL plate that Mike has . It continues to amaze me how many different plates that Florida has, more than any other state. I know that the Noles plate is # 5 and Gators # 1 in sales. My current plate says : STNDBAK (figure that one out )
Old 09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
looks like you misread my post.....and yes, im really not an American car fan, particularly ford. i would prefer GM any day over ford.

and with regards to the hp and money comment, i'm saying it isnt impressive anymore to get 700whp out of a 99 american car. parts are mass produced for it which is why the parts are so cheap. this isn't quite the case for the european imports as mods people do not mod them and thus aftermarket parts are difficult to find and if found, made in smaller quantities....less demand, less quantity.....more expensive......which is why i'm not impressed by a 700whp ford

hooley made a project out of his car....you see more 700whp ford mustangs/fastbacks/cobras than you will mercedes........it is a feat for a MB to reach high numbers.....hooley has the highest dynoing C55......and i'd bet a lot you don't have the highest dynoing 99 cobra. it is more impressive what he has done with his options than yours....IMO....thats what i'm saying

and with that, i'm done posting in this thread.

let the conversation go back to opinions of Hooley's blackout mods...

I do love his engine mods and the license plate is awesome!!! Mike, you ought to consider using "Veil" for the front lights blackout since it absorbs light from Lidar guns. The guys at Radar Roys columns swear by it Mike, next time I am in AZ, you, me and the turkel are going out
Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Glenn its pure random chance the tag came in and said Bob. I got so mad. But i took a beating bc i am in Dolphin Country. FLorida has a tag for everything under the sun. Even if you are a cat and dog lover. Gator Tag is the most popular one by far. I guess everyone loves a virgin quarterback.

Hey what was this thread about anyone. Someone's Blacked out AMG? Oh yeah......
Old 09-12-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Just my opinion....looks terribly cheesy. The black looks horrible and the renntech badge, IMO, is way off - the font just doesnt match.

That car 100% stock exterior is 10x better looking. Not into the wheels either.
Stock exterior + nice drop + some deep HRE's and you are looking siiiick.

My thoughts are in the next 6-12 months you look back at these pictures and say "what was I thinking??"
Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Just an update, Night time derivable is just as good. I cant notice a difference with the darkened head lights. IMO I think it looks great.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
IMO I think it looks great.
and thats all that matters my freind
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
not feeling the smoked headlights and renntech badge