C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Hooley's Blackout project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
hooley i hate to be the lone dissenter but i had the tailightds blacked out like yours. in the daytime its very diffucult to see the brake lights. almost got my a#$ rearended. lights came out the afternoon!! be careful!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I agree with the badges. For me, I completely debaged mine, except for the custom "5.5 ///AMG" front fender badges. The way I see it, a sleeper is much cooler than a magnet (keep 'em guessing) and with all my mods, the car is not really an AMG, Renntech or other product. With your mods, your car is certainly your own creation now. A good rear badge for you would be "C55" left with "Hooley" or "MBH" right. However, no badges at all, in keeping with the black out look, imho, would look best.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
You could put the C180 emblem on. That'd definitely keep them guessing.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Oliverk
yikes.

You've not only made your car look awful, you've also made it more dangerous for other drivers.

well done.
This coming from a guy with a S 500 designo???
Old 09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
DO NOT LIKE!

but more powers to you.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I fail to see the point there.

Expresso Designo is a great color combo.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by FrankW;3711893[B
]I fail to see the point there. :nix[/B]:

Expresso Designo is a great color combo.
I thought his comments are a lil harsh. Just say you don't like it, you don't have to bring other "drivers" into this. The tails may be a lil too black, but Mike's car certainly looks like the sinister beast that it runs like. Once again, this is why they make 31 Flavors!!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Why the headlights? Isn't it harder to see at night?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by RLx02
Why the headlights? Isn't it harder to see at night?
Cuts it down a bit, but no different than putting on "Veil" anti-laser treatment so it makes it harder for the cops to target you with LIDAR!!!

I can tell you this. In IL, this car would be a ticket magnet. The tail black-outs and the tints alone would get you stopped on a regular basis. Here, I'd say, "why aggravate em??" It really does look sinister though.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-11-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Oliverk is a renowned pessimist on this forum. all he ever does his bash every time i see his posts, and i go into almost every subforum here. so i would take what he says with a grain of salt, being he always says the exact same thing.

and for the record, i am not at all a fan of S500 designo....interior coloring is not my taste at all.....but instead of bashing him, which is his style when he doesnt like something, i would simply say "not my style. to each his own".....and thats it
Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Looks beefy ! your plate is awesome !
Old 09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
Wild!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jturkel
Oliverk is a renowned pessimist on this forum. all he ever does his bash every time i see his posts, and i go into almost every subforum here. so i would take what he says with a grain of salt, being he always says the exact same thing.

and for the record, i am not at all a fan of S500 designo....interior coloring is not my taste at all.....but instead of bashing him, which is his style when he doesnt like something, i would simply say "not my style. to each his own".....and thats it
You call it pessimism, I call it complete hatred of stupid, ugly, ricey, and ridiculous modifications to otherwise quite nice vehicles.

For reference, this includes massive rims, chrome rims, slamming cars to the ground, black out lights, painted interior pieces, loud exhausts, etc.

As for my car, I don't really care if anybody likes it. Unlike some of the folks on here, if I make a thread about my car, you can feel free to bash the hell out of it if you want.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I really hope this doesnt turn into one of those threads.
Please keep it civil.......

Thanks
The Internet Police
Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I really hope this doesnt turn into one of those threads.
Please keep it civil.......

Thanks
The Internet Police
The blacked out look is what Mike likes!! Again, 31 Flavors. I tend to like it on a black car. Not much for the tails though since they are sorta hard to see. The car is an absolute 11.7 beast though and that is enough for me to commend his performance mods. He's in the modded E55 class territory and for a C class, that is truly saying something. I just love the M3 reference on the plate. Awesome!!! Isn't there an AMGETR plate in AZ Mike??
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
You call it pessimism, I call it complete hatred of stupid, ugly, ricey, and ridiculous modifications to otherwise quite nice vehicles.

For reference, this includes massive rims, chrome rims, slamming cars to the ground, black out lights, painted interior pieces, loud exhausts, etc.

As for my car, I don't really care if anybody likes it. Unlike some of the folks on here, if I make a thread about my car, you can feel free to bash the hell out of it if you want.
LOL, Just a few minutes ago I was blasting down the road with my very load exhaust bellowing. I got a full tank of 100oct race fuel. smoking a cigarette and cranking some Iron Maiden. When I realized I missed my turn. So I pulled into the suicide lane for the uturn that resulted in a sideways drift. Then I came up on a Civic hybrid going to slow. As I passed him with my 5mpg floored gas peddle I kinda laughed to myself... Saying "what ever money I've dumped into my car is worth every penny. Rather than drive a boring car."

My last car was a 2002 S500. It had reclining back seats, voice recognition, lots of wood grain trim, It was nice. But it was also terribly boring to drive... After some thought I sold the S500 to a friend so I could get a car the was more of an expression of me.

Life is to short to be cruzin in S500's with 2.5 kids, only being able to go out for happy hour on occasion with some co-workers..., But you cant stay long, only one beer, because the wife has dinner on the table and you got a tennis match in the morning. Not to mention a "Honey Do" list a mile long.

^^^ Those are all decisions I chose not to make. The big ol' S500 screams mundane, boring, and "Honey did this cordless drill come with directions?"

Thats not me bro, and it may not be you. But its sure is what I feel the S500 says about someone.

For me, Its goes like this: I'm going to make this post. Then take a shower. I'm going to call some friends up and hit up a bar for a night of Beer, shots, good company. Then after I might head over a friends house for some late night parting. I will be doing all this with smoked headlights and smoke coming from my tires.

I would rather ruin a nice AMG, than ruin my life driving another S500.

But to each his own.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 09-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Isn't there an AMGETR plate in AZ Mike??
There is a M3 with "AMGLOL" Cant wait to find him. Seen him a few time, but my car was in the shop.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
LOL, Just a few minutes ago I was blasting down the road with my very load exhaust bellowing. I got a full tank of 100oct race fuel. smoking a cigarette and cranking some Iron Maiden. When I realized I missed my turn. So I pulled into the suicide lane for the uturn that resulted in a sideways drift. Then I came up on a Civic hybrid going to slow. As I passed him with my 5mpg floored gas peddle I kinda laughed to myself... Saying "what ever money I've dumped into my car is worth every penny. Rather than drive a boring car."

My last car was a 2002 S500. It had reclining back seats, voice recognition, lots of wood grain trim, It was nice. But it was also terribly boring to drive... After some thought I sold the S500 to a friend so I could get a car the was more of an expression of me.

Life is to short to be cruzin in S500's with 2.5 kids, only being able to go out for happy hour on occasion with some co-workers..., But you cant stay long, only one beer, because the wife has dinner on the table and you got a tennis match in the morning. Not to mention a "Honey Do" list a mile long.

^^^ Those are all decisions I chose not to make. The big ol' S500 screams mundane, boring, and "Honey did this cordless drill come with directions?"

Thats not me bro, and it may not be you. But its sure is what I feel the S500 says about someone.

For me, Its goes like this: I'm going to make this post. Then take a shower. I'm going to call some friends up and hit up a bar for a night of Beer, shots, good company. Then after I might head over a friends house for some late night parting. I will be doing all this with smoked headlights and smoke coming from my tires.

I would rather ruin a nice AMG, than ruin my life driving another S500.

But to each his own.
nice post

...and lets do drinks tonight
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
There is a M3 with "AMGLOL" Cant wait to find him. Seen him a few time, but my car was in the shop.
the red new M3 with "AMGLOL" plate has a RD stroker motor owned by a white hair old dude (from what m3forum calls him) lol.

puts down around the same power as you do. would be very close if you come across this old dude.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Hooley your next mod should be some rims
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Hooley your next mod should be some rims
I know. I need better rims. I'm thinking Monolites or some BBS RS-GTs. Both are light and I like the looks. I'm sticking with 18's though for the performance. I can get a set of 18 inch Monolites tomorrow but they are 18x10.5!!! I just might need a widebody if I'm going to run those. I'm also tossing the idea of Bilstiens or KW coilovers. I Hear the Bilstiens are very stiff though.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
BBS or OZ Superrleggeras
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Look at some CCW's...light weight, good quality, and fairly priced.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles.php
Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Look at some CCW's...light weight, good quality, and fairly priced.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles.php
Not that throws a wrench in my plans. Thanks for the link, I totally forgot CCW. all I know is it has to be a 1 piece forged wheel hands down.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Not that throws a wrench in my plans. Thanks for the link, I totally forgot CCW. all I know is it has to be a 1 piece forged wheel hands down.
My driving around rims are CCW's and I have a pair of 16" CCW classics with MT's for the E55 (from RFlow) which are great for the track...can't wait for the cool weather to hit Florida...

I can't really say enough about their customer service...which is a plus.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hooley's Blackout project