C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Aftermarket Tie Rods or OEM Tie Rods for C32 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe 4Matic; 2018 Audi Q5; 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Aftermarket Tie Rods or OEM Tie Rods for C32 AMG?

My driver side outter front tie rods are loosen and need to be replaced (C32).

I checked some autopart websites and they have a brand made by "MOOG" and they are half the price of the OEM that the stealerships are selling.

Anyone using the tie rods made from "MOOG", are they okay to use?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Moog manufactures very high quality components for domestic applications.
Rebuilt the majority of my (high mileage) GMC and former Y and F-body suspensions with their “super duty” line of hardware. It’s good stuff.

Sourced OEM-suppliers Lemförder, Sachs and Corteco chassis replacement parts for our German cars from reputable independent vendors. Don’t seem to be all that durable during their original fitment though, thus the need for their seemingly premature replacement. Seen a lot of off-Broadway parts available for considerably less. Know you’re already aware that franchised MB dealerships tend to peddle their wares at the top of the pricing scale. There are several US-based outfits that will seamlessly ship to your doorstep thanks to NAFTA.
Our relatively weak Dollar could be to your benefit.

Recent Lemförder C tie rod replacement...they’re working well thus far

Link to your Moog MB parts?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by splinter
Moog manufactures very high quality components for domestic applications.
Rebuilt the majority of my (high mileage) GMC and former Y and F-body suspensions with their “super duty” line of hardware. It’s good stuff.

Sourced OEM-suppliers Lemförder, Sachs and Corteco chassis replacement parts for our German cars from reputable independent vendors. Don’t seem to be all that durable during their original fitment though, thus the need for their seemingly premature replacement. Seen a lot of off-Broadway parts available for considerably less. Know you’re already aware that franchised MB dealerships tend to peddle their wares at the top of the pricing scale. There are several US-based outfits that will seamlessly ship to your doorstep thanks to NAFTA.
Our relatively weak Dollar could be to your benefit.

Recent Lemförder C tie rod replacement...they’re working well thus far

Link to your Moog MB parts?
Good to know they are good for domestic vehicles.

I can't find any website selling the Lemförder C tie rod (front outter), any recommended warehouses / websites?

Here is the website that I found MOOG:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7428
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
try parts.com
moog makes front end parts for all 3 of the big usa automakers
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Although my tie rod ends were supplied by a local wholesaler,
I've previously had trouble-free transactions with these suppliers..

Pelican Parts & RM European
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 PM

Although my tie rod ends were supplied by a local wholesaler,
I've previously had trouble-free transactions with these suppliers..

Pelican Parts & RM European
Hmmm, these suppliers are using either FEDEX or UPS which meant I may have pay the custom / brokerage fees more than the parts alone to Canada.

I am going to call the mechanic tomorrow and see whether he can get the brand that you mentioned. In the worst case, I may have to buy the OEM parts. My appointment is next week, I don't know whether he can get all the parts for the replacement.

I have front disc rotors, pads and front tie rods to be replaced. I already ordered a pair from alkebono pads from local here. The mechanic can order the pilenga rotors locally as well. The only parts that I wish to get may not have a chance.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

That’s too bad. Any friends in the States who might be able to send you a care package?

Far be it from me to cheat the authorities out of their pound of flesh. Imported some rather pricey RoW retrofit goodies from a MBW sponsor not too long ago. Was taken aback when our Customs sent an invoice requesting their “uncollected tariff due” for ~$2! They’ve since been made whole.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. – Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM

That’s too bad. Any friends in the States who might be able to send you a care package?

Far be it from me to cheat the authorities out of their pound of flesh. Imported some rather pricey RoW retrofit goodies from a MBW sponsor not too long ago. Was taken aback when our Customs sent an invoice requesting their “uncollected tariff due” for ~$2! They’ve since been made whole.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. – Benjamin Franklin
I have only relatives reside in US but they are eldery people and I do not want to bug them to collect and mail me the parts.

Just talked to the mechanic, I have no choice and OEM is the only part that I can purchase.

My tie rods are pretty bad now and the car must be fixed ASAP. Shipping the parts from US to Canada took at least 2 weeks by USPS.

Yes, it sucks living in Canada here with limited choice of buying auto parts.