C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Supercharger problem... should I be concerned??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 slk32amg
little info i found out...

Thanks for the belated answers guys. i did find out it was my IC pump that's bad and not the fuse. during x-mas i installed a ford lighting IC pump and it's been working fine (with exception). little info here that i didn't find anywhere on the internet... even thou the ford IC pump was cheap, and a lot of people claims that it's the same as the MB IC pump. it really isn't! i do noticed that during the hot summer here in TX (over 95 degrees), and while i'm in bumper to bumper traffic (with my a/c on of course), the S/C will reach the cutoff temp! meaning that it won't engage until on coming air to cool it down again (after driving for a few mins). i'm thinking that the ford IC pump doesn't move the coolant as fast as the original MB pump. and i'm just reaching the threshold of the ford pump here in the hot summers of Texas!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by pi_4x4
Thanks for the belated answers guys. i did find out it was my IC pump that's bad and not the fuse. during x-mas i installed a ford lighting IC pump and it's been working fine (with exception). little info here that i didn't find anywhere on the internet... even thou the ford IC pump was cheap, and a lot of people claims that it's the same as the MB IC pump. it really isn't! i do noticed that during the hot summer here in TX (over 95 degrees), and while i'm in bumper to bumper traffic (with my a/c on of course), the S/C will reach the cutoff temp! meaning that it won't engage until on coming air to cool it down again (after driving for a few mins). i'm thinking that the ford IC pump doesn't move the coolant as fast as the original MB pump. and i'm just reaching the threshold of the ford pump here in the hot summers of Texas!!!
I may be having the same issues. I also replaced my stock unit with a ford pump and I still think that my supercharger is cutting off, but it is super hot right now.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
i had my IC pump replaced but really it was just the fuse. the cm 30 is the best pump to go with
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM

2002 slk32 AMG
Originally Posted by Sathinas
The bigger question is, why does the fuse keep blowing?

Slapping a 7.5 A fuse in place of the 5 A sounds like a bandaid to me.
My fuse blew after the install of my Johnson pump, not sure if this was the cause. What I can tell you is that "slapping a 7.5 amp in place of the 5 amp" is really not a problem. The C32 and the SLK32 have identical drive trains. For some reason MB decided to put a 7.5 amp fuse in place for the C32 but only a 5 amp fuse for the SLK32.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Did you guys put on the old inlet/outlet tubes onto the new lightning pump? That increased diameter could make a difference. I'm running 185MM with lightning, stock H/E, 95+F outside, and no cutout. Recently separated the I/C system, and it did make a noticeable difference. I recommend anyone who has the M112k to at least do that. Even stock you'll notice some more power... Cost around $35 for the cut off valves (Home Depot), and clamps.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 AM

2003 slk32amg
please give info on how...

Originally Posted by gt4awd
Did you guys put on the old inlet/outlet tubes onto the new lightning pump? That increased diameter could make a difference. I'm running 185MM with lightning, stock H/E, 95+F outside, and no cutout. Recently separated the I/C system, and it did make a noticeable difference. I recommend anyone who has the M112k to at least do that. Even stock you'll notice some more power... Cost around $35 for the cut off valves (Home Depot), and clamps.
can you give or point out how to separate the I/C system?
THX
Old 08-16-2010, 05:01 AM

c 32 amg
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Have you upgraded your inter cooler pump yet to a cm30 ?
how much does the cm30 cost?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 AM

02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
Originally Posted by pi_4x4
can you give or point out how to separate the I/C system?
THX

+2 what he said
Old 08-25-2010, 12:18 AM

2002 slk32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32amg
how much does the cm30 cost?

$145 from APE http://apeusa.com/html/jabsco.html
Old 08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
You need two cut off valves. One goes on the very small tube that connects where the main inlet/outlet tubes are at intercooler. The main large line is at the front bottom of coolant reservoir. I can get a few photographs when possible to show...
Old 06-15-2011, 05:43 AM

scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
temperature sensor r170.2

Do you have the part number for this temperature sensor? And any write-ups or pictures for the DIY replacements? (just curious)

Originally Posted by hans_CH
May also be the temperature sensor, mine was gone at 14K km.......
And after 90K km I have still the first IC pump in...

Greetings from Switzerland,

Hans

SLK32, smaller SC pulley, SL55 intake

Last edited by ttus; 06-15-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 AM

scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
r170.2 pump, fuse or temp sensor?

doesn't everything work in synergy? between the pump, fuse, and most importantly the temp sensor? The temp sensor could be the main cause of other component failures. i.e.; all sensors go more bad than plain mechanical devices/parts .

in another example; a virus or worm on a x86 or x64 system causes, most importantly; an immediate software or applilcation failure per se of the application or database, moreover; it can trigger a serious mechinical failure of a system hard drive or server platters, and mainframe or the lilkes and also effect any media devices attached to the main system!

Originally Posted by Sathinas
The bigger question is, why does the fuse keep blowing?

Slapping a 7.5 A fuse in place of the 5 A sounds like a bandaid to me.
Originally Posted by msheredy
Maybe because the pump is on it's way out?

Fuses are simple resistors put in place to protect each of their respective components. If the water pump is starting to bind (because they've been known to literally break apart) then there would be greater load on that circuit thus tripping the fuse. Just a thought...

Last edited by ttus; 06-15-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 PM

2003 C32 AMG WAGON W203.265 (De)
There was an IC pump issue on my C32 last month.
After changing IC pump and check the fuse #5 and relay in the rear SAM, the supercharager still didn't work.

The engineer assume the rear SAM or front SAM have some problem but no error code beside (M44 IC pump power short ground etc...). The engineer add a relay between front fuse box (fuse of key start position) and IC pump using the wire directly to battery.
When the key is on ,the IC pump is started with battery power without pass through SAMs.
But the supercharager still wasn't worked.

Thanks God!
Finally , acoording the fuse chart in this site, I rechecked front and rear fuse #5, #7 #51(looked normal and exchanged with #49 the same amps) and #18 (there is NO relay on C and D in the rear SAM) in the fuse box and found my #18 fuse was broken.

After replace #18 (exchange with #5 7.5A) and all function runs well and got lose power back!

This result shows the SAM and FUSEs are different from years!
Thank you for who provide fuse chart in this side.