C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

UPDATE: DFWdude working on AMG Badge - WHITE STAR Flat Badge Returning soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,752 Likes on 1,122 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Exclamation UPDATE: DFWdude working on AMG Badge - WHITE STAR Flat Badge Returning soon...

Here's a photo of a prototype insert for a new AMG badge. Like my WHITE STAR that came before it, this insert will be inletted into the standard OEM upright star base for that flush look.

This is a combination of brass, chrome plate and laser-etched AMG logo at the moment. The finished insert will be thinned to diameter and finished in plated chrome, as the White Star is. Serial numbered, and signed, as before.

Thought you might like to see while I clean up the rough edges, and make molded copies to be sent off to the factory overseas for mass production.

Any interest?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,752 Likes on 1,122 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Update...

Today I will be shipping off to the factory overseas this casting of my new AMG Flat Badge. Imagine the beige casting insert in silver plate instead, and you will have it visualized.

I hope to have these available, along with my original WHITE STAR Flat Badge, by December 1. Each style will be hand signed and serial numbered as before.

Collectors take note, the new AMG badge will be serial numbered from #003 and up. The WSFB will continue on from #366.

BTW, the new style, tilted "A" logo looks fine on the trunk lid, but looks horrible within this confined, round space... Imagine all the dead space to the left of the A, and you will understand.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Ballpark for $?