C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Current Diamond Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C32 AMG, '04 SC430
Took me a couple hours for the headunit as I was unsure which wires to tap into. The harness kit I got matched the plug but the wires were all mixed up. Still trying to figure out which one is the power antenna lead so i can get better reception. Been searching on here and the web and still no luck. I do not want to just start trial and error stuff only to fry my HU. Another couple hours to do the amps/cap and tap into the door speakers from the trunk.

As for the amp and door speaker question. All you need is a clean 2ohm stable 4 channel amp. My old amp was just that but turns out that was fried somewhere down the line during the 4 years I've had it. It was sending a feedback 12v signal to the door speakers making them pop. So I went to the local audio shop and picked up an alpine pdx4.100 amp. 100rms x4 2ohm stable AB amp. Paid more than I should have paid for it but I didn't feel like waiting on an internet order. Anyhow, got the amp turned all the way down for the door speakers and it's still being pushed hard. Sounds awesome right now, but it's only a matter of time before they blow the door speakers. hehe In the meantime I'm enjoying them as they sound 10 times better with the alpine amp than the factory bose amp. Since we're both in Houston, I'd be more than happy to help you out if you want.