Goodbye C32! Its been a wild ride.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
this statement is waaaaay blown out of proportion IMO
Maybe, but the thread was started because the guy was tired of problems every two weeks and he is selling the car.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:33 PM

2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Originally Posted by FrankW
for some of us...the reason we bought the C32 is because there were no C55 in 2002.
Brilliant, I'm guessing you don't write for Leno. I'm sure there are some original owners on here, but what I'm saying is there is still a solid following for the C32 and they appear to require extra work to keep them going.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by Phil C55
Maybe, but the thread was started because the guy was tired of problems every two weeks and he is selling the car.
I imagine there are some C32's out there that havent given some folks grief but here is a list of what has been changes and what problems I was currently experiencing.

REPLACED

Intercooler pump-Normal
Both front door lock actuators
Windshield wiper motor
Sway bar end links
Supercharger bearing
Idler pulley
Tensioner assembly
Seat motor
Xenon headlight-expensive!
Alternator

NEEDED

Seat modules
Front suspension work
Navigation and overhead console fans would stay on 24/7

OTHER

Supercharger came loose, Yes you heard that correctly! One bolt actually was sitting in the hole and the rest were finger tight.

It was eating up coolant so I imagine the intercooler under the supercharger was leaking??

Car would be dead if it sat for more than a day even with the overhead console, seat modules, Navigation unplugged.

I am not *****ing about the things that occurred but I learned a very important lesson about car buying, Never buy the first year of a new body style which I preached to every one even before I bought the C32, Make sure all the recalls have been addressed and repaired, Don't take a Carfax report seriously as from what I can tell the whole *** end was smashed in and repaired. When I was looking at the car the bodywork was so fresh that I couldnt see any sanding scratches or any tell tale signs of body work.

But all in all I had a great time with the C32, I have lost track of all the cars I have raced and beat! I also made a few 180 mph passes with my Uncle and Dad riding with me so I will carry some fond memory's of the old girl.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
i think Ill drice this C32 till the wheels fall off i have about 110K miles on the clock and going for 200k more its going to be worthless to trade it if anythings its worth more piece by piece on ebay or craislist. maybe ill see if the sc can be fitted to an 08 c350 and voilla C35 AMg lol
Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by c3232c
I will have to say I will miss the old girl but she was giving more grief than I could take, I have had a blast with this car as far as racing goes but I just had my fill of chasing problems and lately every 2 weeks something has been going out.....I took it in the a$$ on the trade in but I needed a car that was not going to leave me or my family stranded. Thanks for all the technical help from fellow forum members and I will still be hanging around the forums here and there to check on you guys and see how things are progressing. I took the Renntech pullies off and have them in the for sale forum. Again thanks for all the great help and support.
Feliz Navidad, y un Feliz Aņo Nueve! Felt the same way back in April when I bought a new car. So much so, I kept the old girl. You're gonna get a lot of service out of the Accord. My 48 months of extended Tri-Star Mercedes Care warranty is over in June, so I may have to adjust my feelings come then. So far that's been the only thing buffering from the whole 'nickel-n-dime' thing. Oh,... wished you had an LSD you pulled of the 32,... I'd been all over that!

Good luck to you and yours in the upcoming year!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
You can fix all the problems listed for relatively cheap if you diy. If done at the dealership...then yeah its expensive. C32 owners, probably more problems because there's a higher volume c32's made then c55's. C32's are older and more c32 owners mod them.

I broke a couple of things on my c32...its annoying but i'm also running the c32 at lot higher hp levels then it was originally intended to be run.

You can't really blame the car when your running the car at 60-100hp more then it was designed to operate at.

Thats a general statement, not to the OP.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
Originally Posted by c3232c
I imagine there are some C32's out there that havent given some folks grief but here is a list of what has been changes and what problems I was currently experiencing.

REPLACED

Intercooler pump-Normal
Both front door lock actuators
Windshield wiper motor
Sway bar end links
Supercharger bearing
Idler pulley
Tensioner assembly
Seat motor
Xenon headlight-expensive!
Alternator

NEEDED

Seat modules
Front suspension work
Navigation and overhead console fans would stay on 24/7

OTHER

Supercharger came loose, Yes you heard that correctly! One bolt actually was sitting in the hole and the rest were finger tight.

It was eating up coolant so I imagine the intercooler under the supercharger was leaking??

Car would be dead if it sat for more than a day even with the overhead console, seat modules, Navigation unplugged.

I am not *****ing about the things that occurred but I learned a very important lesson about car buying, Never buy the first year of a new body style which I preached to every one even before I bought the C32, Make sure all the recalls have been addressed and repaired, Don't take a Carfax report seriously as from what I can tell the whole *** end was smashed in and repaired. When I was looking at the car the bodywork was so fresh that I couldnt see any sanding scratches or any tell tale signs of body work.

But all in all I had a great time with the C32, I have lost track of all the cars I have raced and beat! I also made a few 180 mph passes with my Uncle and Dad riding with me so I will carry some fond memory's of the old girl.
Originally Posted by ericpd
Feliz Navidad, y un Feliz Aņo Nueve! Felt the same way back in April when I bought a new car. So much so, I kept the old girl. You're gonna get a lot of service out of the Accord. My 48 months of extended Tri-Star Mercedes Care warranty is over in June, so I may have to adjust my feelings come then. So far that's been the only thing buffering from the whole 'nickel-n-dime' thing. Oh,... wished you had an LSD you pulled of the 32,... I'd been all over that!

Good luck to you and yours in the upcoming year!
I will have my Nitto Drag radials with rims that I had for my 32 for sale soon....used twice.....