C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

evo x vs c55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Evo's are one of the best bangs for the bucks.
In stock form they are great canyon carvers.

For just what we pay $ for a Evosport or Renntech air cleaner for our Mercedes you can add 70 to 100 hp on an Evo.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Well its a evo, those cars basically have unlimited hp since there so many parts for your car and there dirt cheap.

I thought about getting a evo 8 as a second car since i can build the entire block for almost the same price what i spent on my throttle body and intercooler parts on my c32..lol.

Unfortunately,a lot of the evo owners i talked to are douches at least the ones on socalevo.net. Kinda soured me on the car.

But i do agree its a great bang for your buck car.

I agree, Evo drivers often have a bad rep... it's something you just can't shake. But as you said, it's an attractive option since parts are numerous and they're extremely affordable (economy of scale). My parts cost came up to around $15,000 and I paid considerably less since most of the manufacturers and shops sponsored my ride. My other vehicle options would have run me 100k+ including the car, so my decision was financially logical.

The 8 is a nice machine due to its low weight and hardcore personality. A block job is the way to go if you want to do it once and not have to worry. There are lots of guys like me out there who are passionate about all types of cars and are opposite to that "boy-racer" culture, you'll surely have no trouble finding some cooperative fans.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Evo's are one of the best bangs for the bucks.
In stock form they are great canyon carvers.

For just what we pay $ for a Evosport or Renntech air cleaner for our Mercedes you can add 70 to 100 hp on an Evo.
yeah i saw a couple built heads for $800 and build blocks for $2600 on evolutionm.net.

I helped my buddy just buy evo 8 for dirt cheap and the car already has about 5k mods in it already.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by 420SEL
I agree, Evo drivers often have a bad rep... it's something you just can't shake. But as you said, it's an attractive option since parts are numerous and they're extremely affordable (economy of scale). My parts cost came up to around $15,000 and I paid considerably less since most of the manufacturers and shops sponsored my ride. My other vehicle options would have run me 100k+ including the car, so my decision was financially logical.

The 8 is a nice machine due to its low weight and hardcore personality. A block job is the way to go if you want to do it once and not have to worry. There are lots of guys like me out there who are passionate about all types of cars and are opposite to that "boy-racer" culture, you'll surely have no trouble finding some cooperative fans.
Yeah appreciate all cars that are designed for performance from mustangs to hondas to bmw's.

Its hard to ignore, i thought about building my block on my c32, but the price to do that would be the same as just buy 2/3 of evo 8. At least some of the price some of the MB tuners were quoting me.

But the boost is definately the most addictive part, when i was driving my buddies evo 8.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Yeah appreciate all cars that are designed for performance from mustangs to hondas to bmw's.

Its hard to ignore, i thought about building my block on my c32, but the price to do that would be the same as just buy 2/3 of evo 8. At least some of the price some of the MB tuners were quoting me.

But the boost is definately the most addictive part, when i was driving my buddies evo 8.

Yep the amount of boost these cars can handle is insane! I'm running 28psi on my setup, and that's conservative for added safety. People were doubting the new aluminium 4b11 in the X, but it's proving to be just as tolerant as the iron 4G63 it replaces. Therefore, Evo 8/9/10 are all great for us power junkies.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
Evo's are great cars, I miss mine soo much sometimes. I like the new X model, but now I'm 30 yrs old and the apearance it gives is just not my style anymore. I'm now married with a 1yr old so I need something smoother,quieter and not jerky, I'm getting a C55 or 335 after this deployment.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by 559EVO
Evo's are great cars, I miss mine soo much sometimes. I like the new X model, but now I'm 30 yrs old and the apearance it gives is just not my style anymore. I'm now married with a 1yr old so I need something smoother,quieter and not jerky, I'm getting a C55 or 335 after this deployment.
Thats how I felt when I bought my c55 at 25. The evo's are great performing cars but a dime a dozen around any military base. Plus, as we get older you just grow out of the extremely cheap interior, the loud drone and the attention from cops.

And if I get dusted by one its ok, at the end of the day I'm sitting on 8-way nappa leather amg sport seats, not losing my hearing from my exhaust and not feeling every bump and divot in the ground

Last edited by RLx02; 04-09-2010 at 05:33 PM.