C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

That time of year again - Winged Warrior Challange - Domestic vs Import 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
That time of year again - Winged Warrior Challange - Domestic vs Import 2010

Its that time of the year again, Saturday, May 8th is the notorious Winged Warrior - Domestic vs Import charity competition.

Last year I took the C55k and put it through the various challenges, netting a 23rd out of 140+ cars in the overall challenge and netting a trophy finish in a few autocross challenges.

The registration is still open for the event, it should be closing fast as they are already up to 114 cars (as of today 3/19/2010) out of roughly 140 spots.

If you are not about to compete in the event, I would suggest at least making it out to watch ... as there is a lot to see!

The event will be at the O'Reily Race Park, Indanapolis, IN

Bad *** lineup of cars competing in several challenges

Drag Racing
Solo II Autocross on a monstrous course
Slalom challenge

Not to mention a mobile dyno coming out and a HUGE car show

I have a mountain of video's covering the event from year's past if you search youtube for winged warrior ...so you can check it out.

Link below show's the competition ...it should be pretty good this year
http://registration.wingedwarrior.org/participants.aspx

In closing i like to think of this event as a real life need for speed: underground event ... lots of highly modified cars all with specific abilities competing in a range of disciplines ...where one will be superior on event, it most likely will be slower in other events ... all comes down to setup and driver.

If you get a chance, go scan the forums ... good amount of info can be found about the event and specifics of what will be present.

http://www.wingedwarrior.org/forum/

Shot of the benzo last year

Last edited by alumar; 03-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.