Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none... for now
That's very good news. No biggie there.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 CLS 63, '91 E34 M5 Dinan Stroker
Originally Posted by vovanich123
I was wondering guys, i'm in the market for a c55 and have 3 choices so far one is the car in classified section: blk on blk80k, decently loaded 18,000
second is local:silver on blk 60k pretty much stripped(no navi, no bix) 19,000
third: silver on black 60k loaded, and 19" rims 20,000(looks the best)

any issues i should account in while making a choice, should i get the warranty(as the mileages are pretty high)? if yes any recommendations?
any major issues with these cars at these miles?

ill be using this car as a commute to college so a lot of diving around 40 miles per day plus during the summer 70miles round trip to the ocean so mileage will pile up.
so should i stay away from these higher mileage mercs?

all responses are highly appreciated..
You should not be afraid of a high mileage C55, just aware of certain maintenance items just as you would any car. I chose my C55 after hunting for an E55. I like the fact that the C55 is less complex overall than the 55k but still delivers good performance. That said, I bought mine from a single-owner with 74k and ALL maintenance records and a great history. It's been just about two years and I now have just a tick over 100k miles and NO major issues beyond what I expected. Here is a list of the main things you should expect to deal with:

Valve covers
Plugs and wires
Crank position sensor
Did all of the above at my Indy for about $800

Transmission service - $160 do it if not done
Brake flush done at Service A
Motor mounts - $700 I did after purchase at about 90k miles
Control arm bushings - done before purchase
Transmission Pilot bushing leak - mine was done before purchase w/in warranty

That's really it other than a battery and a fog lamp replacement for $50. I've only done one service "major" B service so far at $375. They are every 20k miles. Oh, and don't let me forget that this car EATS rear tires but you can do ok if you don't break the rears loose often. I got 20k out of my Rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The tires are staggered so the rears will usually wear before the fronts. My advice, take the car to an MB dealer or trusted Indy, pay for the inspection and have the technician pay close attention to the above areas. You will walk away with a much better idea of what the vichicle will cost you in the short or long term. I would however buy a 100k C55 with confidence if these items were in order.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 Hammer
123,000 here no issues. Fresh oil changes every 5k. Runs strong!