Now I'm mildly irritated.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by splinter
All due respect, TemjinX2, didn’t yours, in fact, melt down within a few weeks of having received its 'upgraded' EuroCharged ECU tune?

Not my intent to be an ***. Perhaps there were other extenuating circumstances you’ve not yet shared.
its not the tune i was criticizing, it was the customer service in my previous statement. It was the service I received on the phone that soured me on the brand. Like i said before Jermey and Travis seem like very affable guys.

I'll will do a full evaluation of the tunes I had on a separate thread once i finish my dyno tune and the back story behind it.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
its not the tune i was criticizing, it was the customer service in my previous statement. It was the service I received on the phone that soured me on the brand. Like i said before Jermey and Travis seem like very affable guys.

I'll will do a full evaluation of the tunes I had on a separate thread once i finish my dyno tune and the back story behind it.
Fair enough.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Well it's about time I got a response back.

As for the customer service issue, hmm. :/ Still not comforting to hear.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
I'd have to agree. I love my tune from Powerchip, although I did get it from Vadim...not positive what happened to him but if I remember right there was some sort of issue. I did not recieve very friendly customer service from the rest of the staff after dealing with him...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
I'd have to agree. I love my tune from Powerchip, although I did get it from Vadim...not positive what happened to him but if I remember right there was some sort of issue. I did not recieve very friendly customer service from the rest of the staff after dealing with him...
Vadim is doing his own thing now. Private mods n' stuff. He's doing good though from what I hear.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
It was who ever was manning the phone 4/26/10 at 2:27pm.

I assume this is public knowledge since who ever answered the phone told me this when i asked for travis and jeremy. Basically the guy told me that travis and jeremy got fired for pocketed the money from there tunes.

He wanted $499 for a retune when i'm already was a customer and i paid $300 to the initial tune and travis told me last yr that the retune would be $150.

He originally wanted $600 for the retune and I asked why the price doubled. He said thats the only way power chip can stay in business. Considering the mail in tune is from vadim car from 3yrs ago and tunes are pretty much 99.9% profit...his reasons didn't really make sense.

He fed me some other bs, eventually I just got annoyed and agitated.

I met jeremy and travis in real life at powerchip and they seem like good people. I don't know if the other stuff is true, but at least talking to them didn't want to make me throw something at the person on the other end of the phone.

Honestly, it soured me on the brand.
If you are out of the warranty period the cost differs but we do further discount retail tunes for returning customers. Not sure what part of the conversation made you hate the rep you spoke with but pm me your contact info and I'm sure we can work something out. Even if you won't continue to be a Powerchip customer I'd at least like your experience with us a pleasant one.

I know Travis and Jeremy very well I worked with them both and they are personable and friendly and I'd like to continue their good traits now that they are gone. I've met Vadim but never worked with him directly, I only know the stories that Jeremy told me about him and that's all.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Powerchip
If you are out of the warranty period the cost differs but we do further discount retail tunes for returning customers. Not sure what part of the conversation made you hate the rep you spoke with but pm me your contact info and I'm sure we can work something out. Even if you won't continue to be a Powerchip customer I'd at least like your experience with us a pleasant one.

I know Travis and Jeremy very well I worked with them both and they are personable and friendly and I'd like to continue their good traits now that they are gone. I've met Vadim but never worked with him directly, I only know the stories that Jeremy told me about him and that's all.
Its fine, i'm getting a dyno tune at the moment to try to fix my lean issues.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he had a bad day or something when i called.