HELLO SCOTTSDALE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
HELLO SCOTTSDALE!

Hey guys,
Just got into Scottsdale last night, here all week for a conference. Any suggestions on good places to eat or go out? I don't know anyone or anything about this city, just seen alot of really nice houses so far!

I'm definitely jealous you guys get to drive your AMGs around all year on these nice smooth roads... sadly the horrendous potholes in DC really limit where and how much I can take my C55 around

Also, if any forum members are around, I'd be glad to meet up for a drink or a quick bite, give me a shout.

Thanks & all the best --
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 Mercedes S63 P30, 2015 Mercedes GL550, 2009 BMW 650i Convertible
There are an infinite number of places to eat and drink in Scottsdale--we're pretty known for that! At which hotel are you staying? If you're in/near Old Town, you're in luck, as there are some great options.

As for the roads, Phoenix is built on the grid system, so unfortunately, you have to go out of town a bit to get into any good twisties. Otherwise, it's pretty much N-S-E-W.

Bill
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Just got back from 2 weeks in Phoenix, suburb of Scottsdale.

Enjoy the heat.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG Sleeper
Hey guys,
Just got into Scottsdale last night, here all week for a conference. Any suggestions on good places to eat or go out? I don't know anyone or anything about this city, just seen alot of really nice houses so far!

I'm definitely jealous you guys get to drive your AMGs around all year on these nice smooth roads... sadly the horrendous potholes in DC really limit where and how much I can take my C55 around

Also, if any forum members are around, I'd be glad to meet up for a drink or a quick bite, give me a shout.

Thanks & all the best --
Hooleyboy and I are both here! and i'll be at dynocomp tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
sorry guys, been real busy with this conference so far this week. my impression of scottsdale (old town) has been that there's only 1 or 2 places poppin on a given night? maybe it's because it was monday, tuesday and wednesday nights... didn't have a chance to make it out tonight but it looks pretty busy. i'm staying in the hampton inn on scottsdale/shea.

all in all i've found people to be really nice here, especially the young ladies

jturkel / hooleyboy, either of you free friday afternoon, maybe sometime between 3-6? if so, give me a holler/text at (267)229-2333. unfortunately i'm leaving early saturday morning so not alot of time remaining on my end

thanks for all the feedback. scottsdale is a nice town and i definitely would love to come back again real soon.

best,
numaan
Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
Scottsdale, the west's most mid-western city.

You won't find much up where you are. Either head north to Kierland Commons or down to Old Town. You'll find more going on in Old Town but Kierland is a bit closer.

If closer isn't an issue Greasewood Flats up at Pinnacle Peak is an interesting change from the normal Scottsdale poser joints. Up there it's Dentist's trying to look like Hells Angels.