Steering issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Red face Steering issue?

Hello AMG fans,

It seems to me that my steering is not as precise it use to be. It seems a little shady in the middle part

Does anybody what it could be? My car is approaching 55000 Miles but I would really love if I could make it feel like new again.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Do you have any noises and does it occur more often when you are driving at certain speed? Could you go in further detail as to what you mean about the center feeling shady?

Did your steering feel different before you were at 55k miles.

There are lots of suspension components that can be replaced that will dramatically improve your steering feel. Various bushings and maybe the strut top hats would help a lot. That should tighten up the feel, I need to do a bit more research in order to tell you which bushings tend to go bad.

You also have the option of retrofitting parametric steering, which tightens up the suspension as you drive faster and loosens up as you drive slower.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
check your tie rod bushings. Wore tie rod bushings can give off a sloopy steering response. Especially at higher speeds. I would just replace your tie rods and upper and lower control arms while your at it. frankw pointed out the rmeuropean sells them for pretty cheap.