C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Headlight turns on when i take key out C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Headlight turns on when i take key out C32 AMG

I just bought a used 2002 C32 AMG on monday. So heres the problem, i dont htink theres a problem, i think im not doing something right. SO when i park the car, i will turn off the headlights, then i will turn the key to off position, and the lights are still off. when i take the key out of the ignition, thats when the light goes on. i dont know why, but in order to turn it off, i have to put the key in the igniton, turn the key to the on position, all the way at the end but dont start it. then it turns off and when i turn it back to off and take the key out, the lights stay off. am i doing something wrong here? i dont understand. any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Do you have your headlight switch to automatic.

Your headlight setting may be set to run your headlights as daylight running light or some thing like that.

Our lights have a delay and will turn off on it's own. I've left interior lights on and the car has turned it off for me.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:03 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Do you have your headlight switch to automatic.

Your headlight setting may be set to run your headlights as daylight running light or some thing like that.

Our lights have a delay and will turn off on it's own. I've left interior lights on and the car has turned it off for me.
NO i dont have it set to automatic. I thought it would at least shut off when i locked/armed the car. But i never gave it much time after i locked it. How long would you say it takes for the lights to turn off after you have locked/armed the car?

thankss
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 AM

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 GLS 550
anytime you have your headlights on while the car is on, and then you turn them off and the car, the car turns on driveway illumination. it should be just your fogs that are turning on. in the C55 we can set how log they stay on, not sure if you can with the C32. my wife's SLK has a set time that seems to be about 30 seconds and no way to change it.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jordan7589
NO i dont have it set to automatic. I thought it would at least shut off when i locked/armed the car. But i never gave it much time after i locked it. How long would you say it takes for the lights to turn off after you have locked/armed the car?

thankss
I would say that it takes roughly 30 seconds to a minute. Try to keep it in the auto setting to see how it works.

Originally Posted by thtguy
anytime you have your headlights on while the car is on, and then you turn them off and the car, the car turns on driveway illumination. it should be just your fogs that are turning on. in the C55 we can set how log they stay on, not sure if you can with the C32. my wife's SLK has a set time that seems to be about 30 seconds and no way to change it.

We do have access to the settings control. What you need to do is access the cars settings via the steering wheel buttons on the right. Scroll through the different screens until it sets setting and then you will be able to choose how long your lights stay on and how they work. It may be under convenience settings. Check it out and see if this fixes the problem.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:55 AM

C32 AMG
Thanks guys, appreciate the help. i will find out tonight, as its sunny here at the moment.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
For starters, you might want to read your car owner's manual. Very basic info is there like, how to set your side mirrors, headlights, readouts (12 or 24), and how to scroll through the command settings.
GL