C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Sad little S2k tried to bait me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 GLS 550
Sad little S2k tried to bait me

So I pull up to a red light turn lanes had just turned green at an intersection that is 6 lane devided all ways around so it is a large intersection. as I was pulling up I saw a cop stop in the far lane of the side street to our right and then a bread truck pulled up beside him so you couldn't see him any more. just then a "tricked" out S2K pulled up next to me and was trying to bait me by reving and after about 4 blips of his throttle I went head and gave it a nice blip to say lets go... Well light turned green, He peeled out like a batouttahell and I took off very slow and normally. well sure enough he got through the intersection and the lights lit up and the cop pulled him over. I think the guy was going to try to impress me with his Honda anyway, but was it douchie to let him think I was going to have a go, and not tell him there was a cop... I had maybe 15 seconds tops before the light turned green.

Last edited by thtguy; 07-30-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 07-30-2010, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by thtguy
So I pull up to a red light turn lanes had just turned green at an intersection that is 6 lane devided all ways around so it is a large intersection. as I was pulling up I saw a cop stop in the far lane of the side street to our right and then a bread truck pulled up beside him so you couldn't see him any more. just then a "tricked" out S2K pulled up next to me and was trying to bait me by reving and after about 4 blips of his throttle I went head and gave it a nice blip to say lets go... Well light turned green, He peeled out like a batouttahell and I took off very slow and normally. well sure enough he got through the intersection and the lights lit up and the cop pulled him over. I think the guy was going to try to impress me with his Honda anyway, but was it douchie to let him think I was going to have a go, and not tell him there was a cop... I had maybe 15 seconds tops before the light turned green.
I had a S2000 and lemme tell you, you may have gotten him with the cop on that one, BUT the S2000 is an awesome car in the twisties. It is one of the most neutral cars I have ever driven. Mine would never run with a C32 or C55 in a drag BUT in the corners, the car was almost unparalled. Even better than the vaunted Miata R. In addition, the S2K has to be revved like a low displacement motorcycle to get the revs up for power, but in the turns with the Potenza PPs, it was like a Z51 Vette or better. I miss that car on sunny days and turns!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
I'll answer your question... no I think what you did was fine.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by mrobinso
I'll answer your question... no I think what you did was fine.
Sorry, TMI, BUT it was a lil douchie!!! How would you feel if tables turned?? I often pick up LEO with the V-1 and someone will bait me and I'll do the twistie thing in the air to indicate a cop and they get the point.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPF E46 M3 Turbo, LET C32 AMG
I do that to muscle cars and trucks EVERY chance I get (a cop would male it that much better!!!)
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I had a S2000 and lemme tell you, you may have gotten him with the cop on that one, BUT the S2000 is an awesome car in the twisties. It is one of the most neutral cars I have ever driven. Mine would never run with a C32 or C55 in a drag BUT in the corners, the car was almost unparalled. Even better than the vaunted Miata R. In addition, the S2K has to be revved like a low displacement motorcycle to get the revs up for power, but in the turns with the Potenza PPs, it was like a Z51 Vette or better. I miss that car on sunny days and turns!!
+1. I too had an S2k before my C55. Yes the C55 is much faster in a straight line but doesn't compare to the S2k in any way when it comes to handling or driver's feel. The S2k makes all its power up top and has a redline of either 8200 or 9000 RPM. Also, you should've let him known about the cop up ahead.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Sorry, TMI, BUT it was a lil douchie!!! How would you feel if tables turned?? I often pick up LEO with the V-1 and someone will bait me and I'll do the twistie thing in the air to indicate a cop and they get the point.
I based my comment on the fact that I wouldn't be going up to a stop light to bait another car, revving my engine and attracting attention. Hence, I would hopefully not find myself in that situation.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM

2017 GLS 550
I don't knock the S2k normally, a friend has one and I drove it at a Trackday event at VIR when I was still in VA. much respect. When I say "tricked out" it is because it was done up with every JCwhitney Auto Zone doodad that you could find... kinda like the "C350" in the post with the hood scoop. my windows are so dark that he couldn't see inside so if I had done the finger twirl it wouldn't have made a difference. I would never bait anyone. I only race on the track. I just blipped my throttle once after he was revving so hard that I am sure he was hitting 8500 RPM

I guess you can say I let him do it to himself because he was disrespecting a fine piece of machinery.

Last edited by thtguy; 07-30-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: final thoughts
Old 07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
That's not cool tickets are not fun especially if he thinks the guy was trying to race. I would have let him know there was a cop up there.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM

C32 AMG
Traded in my C32 for an '07 S2k last week. Yeah C32 was faster going straight but the feel of the S2000 is amazing, much more fun IMO. (I had an '00 S2k before the C32 and missed it too much so I had to get it back) Three years with C32 was a lot of fun though thanks to this board.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
DOUCHE!!!....but i would probably do the same thing and have a good laugh ......but i would only do this to those that distastefully "tricked" out their ride as per your definition.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 AM

2006 C230 Sport
Haha. I remember back when I was in driving school, my in-car instructor told me a story about the same exact thing that happened to him, except he was the one that got baited.

I don't know if "douche" is the right word, exactly. I just know that I wouldn't do it to someone else because street racing is a 6-point offense here in Ohio, equivalent to DUI and vehicular homicide (no joke).
Old 08-04-2010, 02:17 AM

c32
That's messed up. lol
I kinda feel that way with certain Infiniti drivers though.

I think handling and speed are equally important. it sucks when you can get up to 100 fats but you have to slow down to 45 when most performance cars can hit that curve at 80.

I still cant get over that my c32 with "AMG suspension" handles like this. My 320 with crappy lowering springs and 18" wheels handled 5 times better. Luckily coilovers are getting installed by end of week.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
lol i think its funny. He got what he deserved.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM

2017 GLS 550
Originally Posted by Edfrommars
Haha. I remember back when I was in driving school, my in-car instructor told me a story about the same exact thing that happened to him, except he was the one that got baited.

I don't know if "douche" is the right word, exactly. I just know that I wouldn't do it to someone else because street racing is a 6-point offense here in Ohio, equivalent to DUI and vehicular homicide (no joke).
He was trying to bait me, I was just sitting waiting for the light to change.

He probably got wreckless driving, or as I have gotten before, unsafe driving/failure to maintain control of his vehicle, because he spun his tires. To get a ticket for street racing don't you have to have 2 cars involved?

Last edited by thtguy; 08-04-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 AM

MB
I don't know sounded to me that you baited him since you were the one who saw the cop and proceeded to partake in the shenanigans. Karma man...

Just remember we're all car guys out there.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
SOrry man...Douche isn't the word...but it does start with a D and ends with a k (at least that move, you're prolly a cool enough guy). Not real funny either. So now he has to shell out for a ticket and you could have stopped it...man that's just hilarious...not. We're all car guys.

I'd have loved this guy to want to play around (without cops that is). Also, folks...just because someone revs or challenges you...where are you getting that they assume their car is faster??? This guy saw a nice performance car and wanted to see how he'd do against it...lose or win...I'd bet ya. The fact that he rev'd at you tells me he knew it was more than a base c class...if he knows that much, then he prolly knew how'd he'd fare.

I used to be a mustang guy. I used to read everyone say in general about mustangs "...and this mustand guy came rolling through thinking his car was faster than everyone..." (stuff like that)....UUUMMMmmmm how do people know what this guy was thinking? My 98 Cobra vert sounded mean as hell (stangs do sound nice) and I knew my limits (it ran low 13s NA). I also raced anyone willing (faster or slower). It sounded mean...I'll bet every time I took off wiht my steep gears people assumed I thought it was faster than all cars out there...
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 PM

2017 GLS 550
You guys are right... I shouldn't have blipped my throttle, I believe he would have still taken off hard even if I hadn't blipped my throttle. As for me letting him know, there would have been no time for me to lower my window for him to see me twirl my hand. and to some guys the twirl your hand means lets go. I have 5% on my windows and it was an overcast day so he wouldn't have seen me if I had tried to tell him without lowering my window. So I guess where I Err'd is that I shouldn't have blipped the throttle

More than likely he didn't know that his car wasn't faster. He didn't seem like a true CarGuy because a real CarGuy wouldn't put fender ports and hood scoops and lightning bolts and so on and so forth on their car. He probably saw that it was a Mercedes that said AMG on it.

Last edited by thtguy; 08-04-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Personally, I wouldn't have revved him after seeing the cop. That is kind of sad, but there is a positive side to this story. The ticket should cost him enough to prevent further "ricer" additions to the poor Honda. At least for a while...
Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM

2006 C230 Sport
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. In that case, you were perfectly fine for doing it :P

He probably got wreckless driving, or as I have gotten before, unsafe driving/failure to maintain control of his vehicle, because he spun his tires. To get a ticket for street racing don't you have to have 2 cars involved?
I just looked it up in the Ohio Code and you appear to be right about needing two people. (http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.251) In that case he would have probably gotten off with reckless driving, like you said, which is a minor misdemeanor here.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
You guys are right... I shouldn't have blipped my throttle, I believe he would have still taken off hard even if I hadn't blipped my throttle. As for me letting him know, there would have been no time for me to lower my window for him to see me twirl my hand. and to some guys the twirl your hand means lets go. I have 5% on my windows and it was an overcast day so he wouldn't have seen me if I had tried to tell him without lowering my window. So I guess where I Err'd is that I shouldn't have blipped the throttle

More than likely he didn't know that his car wasn't faster. He didn't seem like a true CarGuy because a real CarGuy wouldn't put fender ports and hood scoops and lightning bolts and so on and so forth on their car. He probably saw that it was a Mercedes that said AMG on it.
the hell with him, ur not his mother !!!....life goes on. he got what he deserves!!! now put ur flame suite on coz everybody will think otherwise
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
...my windows are so dark that he couldn't see inside so if I had done the finger twirl it wouldn't have made a difference. I would never bait anyone. I only race on the track. I just blipped my throttle once after he was revving so hard that I am sure he was hitting 8500 RPM

I guess you can say I let him do it to himself because he was disrespecting a fine piece of machinery.
Okay, but your dark power windows do work, and you could have put them down, right? Personally, I think you revving your motor in response and then letting him take the fall makes you a jerk. It is not like the guy did anything to you other than try to have a little car fun. Would you even be asking, or would you have done the same thing, if this was another car like yours? I doubt it. You would know it was a dick move. Anyone who agrees with you is simply the same kind of jerk. Getting tickets sucks, no matter what you drive. It would be different if you ignored him, but you goaded him on and then let him take the fall.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Okay, but your dark power windows do work, and you could have put them down, right? Personally, I think you revving your motor in response and then letting him take the fall makes you a jerk. It is not like the guy did anything to you other than try to have a little car fun. Would you even be asking, or would you have done the same thing, if this was another car like yours? I doubt it. You would know it was a dick move. Anyone who agrees with you is simply the same kind of jerk. Getting tickets sucks, no matter what you drive. It would be different if you ignored him, but you goaded him on and then let him take the fall.

Attached Thumbnails Sad little S2k tried to bait me-if-you-see-police.jpg