Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
The one you saw is a kid from Vancouver who upgraded his brakes
The same guy had a 05 C230 as well as a 05 C55
I was talking about some one that lives in Houston close to me that has a C55 with amg bbk and I figured some of them came that way.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 AM

Location: Manhattan upper eastide, New York City moved back to south florida currently
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MooseJaws 04 C32
Andrews old car My new Car

I just bought my 04 c32 off of moosejaw and I had other options in mind and all I can say is I barely have driven it but I love it I already invested money in maintenace and other parts for the car and have touced it up a little bit it's amazing I was in a tuned c63 the other day and I wasn't that impressed yes it was faster but if I modded it I'm sure I would give it a good run for it's money the 420 wheel @ 4200 pounds he told me. Full bolt on c32s here are making anywhere from 350-380 wheel @ 3500-3700 pounds so the car is just amazing and the interior is alil older then the c55 but still nice. Good luck both great cars but I Love my 32.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by Viper98912
C55 has a better factory suspension, more powerful stock engine, slightly better reliability, slightly better front end design, nicer/ more modern interior, and bigger wheels.

C32 is cheaper to purchase (and you can subsequently use the extra money for mods if you wanted to), and can make more power for less money.

Boils down to what you plan on modding (and spending) vs. what you want to keep stock
Careful how you define "better factory suspension." The C32 is softer and the C55 is (quite a bit) stiffer. The C55 will lap faster (about the same as the M3). The C32 will be a second or two behind, but will do so more comfortably.

It depends what your priorities are: Fast lapper=C55; Better ride=C32
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM

2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by loudandheard
I was talking about some one that lives in Houston close to me that has a C55 with amg bbk and I figured some of them came that way.
Are there any 32s or 55s down there that you know of? My girlfriend lives in Houston...I might need to take a trip down there soon
Old 08-23-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Both loud and I have C32's and live just outside of Houston. There are a few more on the forums that reside here as well with either 32's or 55's.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by whatthecrunchyo
Are there any 32s or 55s down there that you know of? My girlfriend lives in Houston...I might need to take a trip down there soon
You won't believe what is for sale close to us, a Renntech C32. If I remember correctly he had a pulley, tune, wheels, cams, and renntech lowering springs. The downside is that it's a 2002, but it sounds like it's been taken care of and looks amazing from the pictures for being a 2002. It has two tone seats and factory navigation all for around $18k, with only 60k miles. Damn, if I only I was in the market today for a car, this would definitely be the one to get. All this car needs to make it a monster is headers, h/e, and a retune. Oh and it's missing bi-exenons.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Here are a few others for you to look through.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1282573148936
Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 PM

2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Check out what I found in Alabama for you: http://dothan.craigslist.org/ctd/1896617318.html The thing is that it has almost no options. There is no navigation, no bi-xenons, no performance package, just kind of plane jane. I would broaden your search area to get a well equipped car. You can always add that stuff later, but it will cost you and there is some work involved in changing it.

If you can get the car down to $17k it maybe a good deal. Good luck!

I guess it all depends what you want. My car doesn't have nav and bi-xenons and I am thrilled. The nav sucks and the I didn't want the expense of the xenons. My stock headlights seem like flame throwers to me, don't need anything better. My headlights lens are absolutely crystal clear too. Look at the headlights on this thing...........did he just drive behind a gravel truck for 58k miles? If you go to the Chris Meyers web site he wants $22,500 for this car. I would say $17k is a dream.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 PM

2004 Audi S4
Check out what I found in Alabama for you: http://dothan.craigslist.org/ctd/1896617318.html The thing is that it has almost no options. There is no navigation, no bi-xenons, no performance package, just kind of plane jane. I would broaden your search area to get a well equipped car. You can always add that stuff later, but it will cost you and there is some work involved in changing it.

If you can get the car down to $17k it maybe a good deal. Good luck!

Talks are pretty serious right now with this car dealer. They seemed boggled that it is going for $18,356, so I don't know if they will come down any. Is $18,356 a good price?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Car dealers are always "boggled" at how low the prices of cars are. If they're so shocked, ask them what they paid for the car.

Anyway, a "good price" is when you compare the car to other local ads (craigslist, ebay, dealers, autotrader) and +/- the mileage, history, options, etc, and look at the kbb value. Just do your research and find out........
Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by 91RS
The C55 has "wild" potential too, but the only option is adding a supercharger.
C32 is (generally) quicker stock and much easier to mod!! (much easier) A Jerry Tune, intake and SC or crank pulley and you'll be in the 12s (or real close)

C55 is a nicer car, better suspension, better sound system, handles better, BUT feels heavier than C32, is not as quick out of hole and like Mike is fond of saying, is more like a sledgehammer. The ONLY thing you can really do to a C55 is SC (Kleemann), some header and exhaust mods. BUT a SC'd C55 will outrun a modded C32.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM

2004 Audi S4
Yeah, but the thing about the KBB and NADA, for that matter, is that they do not give accurate prices. I find that they are usually inflated by about $2-3k. I'm asking people on here because I don't know how options can make a difference in the price. This vehicle does not have any options so I was wondering if it is worth that $2-3k that I see other vehicles WITH options going for?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
[QUOTE=loudandheard;4216193]You won't believe what is for sale close to us, a[B] Renntech C32. [/B]If I remember correctly he had a pulley, tune, wheels, cams, and renntech lowering springs. The downside is that it's a 2002, but it sounds like it's been taken care of and looks amazing from the pictures for being a 2002. It has two tone seats and factory navigation all for around $18k, with only 60k miles. Damn, if I only I was in the market today for a car, this would definitely be the one to get. All this car needs to make it a monster is headers, h/e, and a retune. Oh and it's missing bi-exenons.

Ask Jerry or Jake of Eurocharged about Renntech. Jakes car is still the fastest and quickest C32 on Dragtimes and faster than any Renntech C32 out there. For the $$, I 'd get a nice 03/04 C32 and have Jake do his magic on it.

and you've got to be kidding me:

see the ad: "The following modifications were made: RENNtech Stage 1 Package: includes ECU and Pulley $3,195, RENNtech Cam package (very rare due to cost) $3,800'

Last edited by Newzchspy; 08-23-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
C32 is (generally) quicker stock and much easier to mod!! (much easier) A Jerry Tune, intake and SC or crank pulley and you'll be in the 12s (or real close)

C55 is a nicer car, better suspension, better sound system, handles better, BUT feels heavier than C32, is not as quick out of hole and like Mike is fond of saying, is more like a sledgehammer. The ONLY thing you can really do to a C55 is SC (Kleemann), some header and exhaust mods. BUT a SC'd C55 will outrun a modded C32.
Having driven both the C32 and C55, the C32 is not "generally" quicker stock and not slower out of the hole.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 PM

2004 Audi S4
Funny story: It looks like the dealership doesn't want to honor the $18,356 price tag on the Benz. The used car dealer is trying to work for me right now but his manager is saying no apparently. They say the $18,356 was a mistake price posted on craigslist and that they probably won't honor it. We'll see if this guy can work for my sale and get me in this damn Benz...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Hah, what do they actually want for it then?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
i can say the same, i love my 55, but it depends on what your buying the car for too and what other cars you have, are you gonna race, drive to school, etc.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 PM

2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by 91RS
Hah, what do they actually want for it then?
I'm not sure as of yet. Hopefully we don't get to that stage. We will know by tomorrow morning if Chris Meyer's Nissan in Daphne, AL has integrity or not
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
The C55 is not going to be a car that every one is familiar with and the market in your area is not huge for that car. Use that to your advantage, trust me they should be desperate for a seller. The amount of miles, the condition of the car (point out headlights), service history of the vehicle, economy, and the gas mileage should also help you get the car for your price. Have it checked out at the local mb dealership and make sure every thing works. Remember that an MB can cost you a lot of money, but if you're willing to fix things yourself, you'll save a bundle.

Just like what phill 55 said the head lights are some what of an ominous sign as to how the owner took care of the car. Arm yourself with knowledge and do not cave because that is the only c55 in the area. I would say if you can get it for around 18k, that would be great. As long as there are no major problems with the car. If you're serious about the car, ask them for a test drive and have the money ready when you decide to buy. Money talks bs walks. Good luck!

I purchased my c32 with about the same amount of miles back 3+ years for 19k. Good luck
Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't forget, kbb may be overinflated, but the simple fact is that how much you want the car is what really dictates the price.

And if the dealer is going to start bs'ing you thinking he's got a sucker, go ahead and tell him to forget it. C55's are rare, but they're out there so just keep looking.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 PM

2004 Audi S4
Thanks guys...unfortunately I'm doing all of my dealings over the phone as they are 3 hours away from me. I highly doubt that they will deviate even a single dollar from $18,356. They may not even honor that!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Have you seen the car in person? Do the headlights actually look like that or was it morning due or something?

The main thing to remember is just don't loose your walk away power. Don't go in looking all excited about the car and don't answer a bunch of questions. Just nod and let them ramble on.

EDIT: That's not necessarily a bad price and I wouldn't pay any more than that. Especially since they've advertised that and they should honor it. I paid $26,500 for my car with 32k miles and CPO in February.

Last edited by 91RS; 08-23-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM

CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by whatthecrunchyo
What do people do first for HP/Torque on the C32? I'm guessing pulley/ECU flash? I tried to look for some pricing and Renntech was $3K+. What is the going rate?
im going to say a tune and pulley as you stated, im getting my eurocharged tune and then later on down the line im getting a 178 pulley. going rate depends on what tune and pulley company you go with, i know eurocharged is offering state 2 tuning for 399$ right now. for sound i would definitley do secondary cat and resonator delete for sure!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM

2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Most of these posts make me laugh. I sold cars at a new car dealership for twelve years and was a sales manager too for seven of the years. I've been involved in 1000+ car deals so I have some experience in this. The Craigslist ad probably was a mistake and the internet guy looked at what they had in the car hard money. A dealership is a business, not a charity. How many of you go into a Wal Mart and say "I'll give $12 for this toaster that's priced at $20"? You don't, but because there is a potential trade in of a car is involved and now the price becomes a variable. I used to have people say "why not sell me the car at cost and make it up on the next guy?" to which I would reply "that's what the last guy said, so your it." You can pretty much wipe your *** with the guide books and there is always some internet twit that supposedly bought a 2006 C55 with 10k miles for $14k. In the end a good deal resides in the mind of the buyer. I've seen people pay list and felt they got a great deal and I've seen people buy for $50 over and swear they got screwed.

All anyone can hope for is a range that's fair. For a pristine, super low mileage, full record and history, good colors, the car may be worth mid to upper $20k range, for a higher mile car with some ???? maybe upper teens. Once again, a good deal resides in the mind of the buyer. A year ago I paid mid $20k for mine and without bi-xenons or nav some may think I got screwed. I don't because inside and out the car appears brand new, still smells new inside, drives brand new, has always been garaged and never been smoked in. It had upper 20k miles and an owner that cared for it.

I used to say when someone mentioned investment "if the wheels go around the value goes down". Just buy a nice car at a fair price, drive it and enjoy it. Life is too short to sit in a corner and wonder if you got the last dollar there was on the table.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:59 PM

2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by Phil C55
Most of these posts make me laugh. I sold cars at a new car dealership for twelve years and was a sales manager too for seven of the years. I've been involved in 1000+ car deals so I have some experience in this. The Craigslist ad probably was a mistake and the internet guy looked at what they had in the car hard money. A dealership is a business, not a charity. How many of you go into a Wal Mart and say "I'll give $12 for this toaster that's priced at $20"? You don't, but because there is a potential trade in of a car is involved and now the price becomes a variable. I used to have people say "why not sell me the car at cost and make it up on the next guy?" to which I would reply "that's what the last guy said, so your it." You can pretty much wipe your *** with the guide books and there is always some internet twit that supposedly bought a 2006 C55 with 10k miles for $14k. In the end a good deal resides in the mind of the buyer. I've seen people pay list and felt they got a great deal and I've seen people buy for $50 over and swear they got screwed.

All anyone can hope for is a range that's fair. For a pristine, super low mileage, full record and history, good colors, the car may be worth mid to upper $20k range, for a higher mile car with some ???? maybe upper teens. Once again, a good deal resides in the mind of the buyer. A year ago I paid mid $20k for mine and without bi-xenons or nav some may think I got screwed. I don't because inside and out the car appears brand new, still smells new inside, drives brand new, has always been garaged and never been smoked in. It had upper 20k miles and an owner that cared for it.

I used to say when someone mentioned investment "if the wheels go around the value goes down". Just buy a nice car at a fair price, drive it and enjoy it. Life is too short to sit in a corner and wonder if you got the last dollar there was on the table.
Phil, this can be false advertising no matter how you look at it. It could be justified a legitimate mistake if they put $1,999 instead of $19,999, for instance. However, the price that they listed it at, $18,356, and the price they want for it, $22,480, are not even closely related. Due to $4,000 difference in this price, I definitely think that this could be perceived as false advertising.

Additionally, this cost has nothing to do with the trade-in of my vehicle.

And lastly, it's not like this car is some crazy deal where I am buying it well below market value. I am looking at the same car, right now, with the same amount of miles and more options for $18,500. Only problem is that it is in Arizona and I am in Alabama.

I didn't even ask them to sale it at $18,356. I asked these people to sell me the car at their break-even. If they have any integrity, they will. If not, I forward the false advertising to the BBB and move on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 or C55?