C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need a Supercharger Pully

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Need a Supercharger Pully

Hey, my supercharger pulley is making a lot of screeching noise. I think the bearing is going out. Any one know where I can buy a new one (other than from the dealer)? Is Eurocharged making pulleys like LET did? Any suggestion would help. I did some searching around the MB world and Eurocharged web sites, but could not find anyone selling a replacement pulley.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
contact hpautowerks for a replacement bearing. around 50$ iirc
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 AM

C32
Thanks

Thanks for the quick answer. From what I have read here, I will need to get a press to push out the old bearing and replace the new.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by SACAMG
I will need to get a press to push out the old bearing and replace the new.
LoudandHeard should be able to provide detail on that.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
You can do it with a small mallet, just make sure to take out the retaining clip. You could use a press, but it's not necessary. Most difficult part is getting pulley off.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Take a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-M...Q5fAccessories

I know nothing about this seller or his quality though.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 PM

C32
Removing the Pulley

"You can do it with a small mallet, just make sure to take out the retaining clip. You could use a press, but it's not necessary. Most difficult part is getting pulley off. "

I have the replacement bearing, but do you guys have instructions in removal and instalation of the pulley? I have been looking everywhere for this and can't locate anything.

Much appreaciated!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
"You can do it with a small mallet, just make sure to take out the retaining clip. You could use a press, but it's not necessary. Most difficult part is getting pulley off. "

I have the replacement bearing, but do you guys have instructions in removal and instalation of the pulley? I have been looking everywhere for this and can't locate anything.

Much appreaciated!
Check out this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...y-install.html

Before you begin to do the install, get yourself an E11 socket. This will be the socket that you will use to release the tension on the belt. I removed the pulley next to the supercharger with out first removing the bolt and I did not have the E11 socket and I had to wait a week to get it in and then I bent my pulley because I tried to press the bearing out with out taking out the retainer clip. This is not an easy socket to find and it does not come with the socket set. The E11 is an inverse torx socket. You may need to order it online.

Just remember to remove the retainer clip. I did the job and I screwed up when I tried to press out the bearing and did not even realize that there was a retainer clip. The Code3 DIY for the supercharger pulley leaves out the retainer clip part because it's an install for a replacement pulley. This DIY will work. Let me know if you need any tips or pointers. The job is pretty straight forward. You will need a rubber pipe wrench, the type that uses a piece of rubber to grab the pulley and retainer clip pliers to remove the retainer clip. If you have an extra set of hands, the job will be much easier, but it can be done alone. As for removing the pulley, you will need to keep pulling it in order to get it off, it may not seem like it will come off, but it will. It will just require a bit of elbow grease.

Good luck!

Last edited by loudandheard; 08-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 AM

C32
Hey thanks for the suggestions, although the link to the Code 3 install did not work, after browsing around here and your additional comments, I think I can do the removal and install of the supercharger pulley and bearing with confidence. I understand that I must torque the bolt to 14 FT LBS or 20 NM, and if I go over that amount, the bolt will break off. I will go by Harbor Freight Tools today and see if I can buy the tools you outlined, if not, I will buy on line. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 '02
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Take a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-M...Q5fAccessories

I know nothing about this seller or his quality though.
thats me...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by ML500K
thats me...

OEM MB C32 / SRT6 Supercharger Bearing replacement

You selling these OFF E Bay as well? If so, PM me please

Glenn
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 AM

C32
Pulley

Hey, I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out on my super charger pulley install. I had my son who is enrolled at a auto technologist school do the bearing press, and then the install went without a hitch.

This forum is very helpful and the people are knowledgeable and generous with their information. I could not have done it without you guys, so thanks again!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Hey, I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me out on my super charger pulley install. I had my son who is enrolled at a auto technologist school do the bearing press, and then the install went without a hitch.

This forum is very helpful and the people are knowledgeable and generous with their information. I could not have done it without you guys, so thanks again!
I'm glad every thing worked out ok for you. When I did mine, I was with out a car for almost a month. I didn't have the right tools and I had already taken off one of the pulleys and then I went to press the bearing, I didn't take off the retainer clip and bent the pulley. Needless to say, I know how to do it know. I just wish I had known some of the info I gave you before I went at it on my own.