C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Price of your c55.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
Originally Posted by mrobinso
...with my coworker as we drove to lunch enjoying this cool-early Fall day with the top down in his 2008 Viper SRT-10. We were discussing the rarity of the Viper and I mentioned how since I purchased my C55 three months ago, I have yet to see another C55 on the road. I have run with one C32 and have seen in passing two C63s. And I live in Northern VA which is a hot bed of luxury and sport cars!

I was mentioning how when you drive a specific niche car you are always on the look out for other comparable cars. I think its safe to say that in our case those are predominantly the M3 and S4. How many M3s do I see in a given week? Approximately 5-10. S-4s? Maybe 1-5. As previously stated - C55s? Nada.

As previously mentioned by another forum member, driving the C55 does make a statement about the driver. In my case I believe it conveys several things:

a) I am a car enthusiast and enjoy driving/fine autos
b) I don't want to run with the rest of the pack (otherwise I would have bought a Camry, or even worse an M3 -totally kidding about the M3 part they are amazing machines)
c) I am practical enough to buy a four door (albeit an expensive four door with a gas-sucking V8)

I believe that points A-C are most likely common ideals that can be found in many C55/C32 owners.
Where in NOVA are you located? I am in the DC metro area and work in Tysons! If your in the area you could swing on by and Ill get ya a free car wash
Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by mrobinso
...with my coworker as we drove to lunch enjoying this cool-early Fall day with the top down in his 2008 Viper SRT-10. We were discussing the rarity of the Viper and I mentioned how since I purchased my C55 three months ago, I have yet to see another C55 on the road. I have run with one C32 and have seen in passing two C63s. And I live in Northern VA which is a hot bed of luxury and sport cars!

I was mentioning how when you drive a specific niche car you are always on the look out for other comparable cars. I think its safe to say that in our case those are predominantly the M3 and S4. How many M3s do I see in a given week? Approximately 5-10. S-4s? Maybe 1-5. As previously stated - C55s? Nada.

As previously mentioned by another forum member, driving the C55 does make a statement about the driver. In my case I believe it conveys several things:

a) I am a car enthusiast and enjoy driving/fine autos
b) I don't want to run with the rest of the pack (otherwise I would have bought a Camry, or even worse an M3 -totally kidding about the M3 part they are amazing machines)
c) I am practical enough to buy a four door (albeit an expensive four door with a gas-sucking V8)

I believe that points A-C are most likely common ideals that can be found in many C55/C32 owners.
Well said, I most certainly agree.
To get back to the subject of this thread I picked up my '05 C55 in January 06, 6 months off the boat with under 10k miles for $48k fully loaded (she was $63 brand new). Now, unfortunately she's worth less than my mods. So, I'll keep her till she dies and enjoy every minute -- as she is, she's still quicker than all but the newest and/or most exotic sports cars.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM

'05 C55
I just picked up my C55 AMG June this year for $24,500 with 29,000 miles on it. It has pretty much every option I think. I feel I got a decent deal on it.

As for C55's being rare. I never looked at Mercedes as a car to own. Every so often I'd see a "display model" in a store and say, oh that would be a nice car for my wife to drive when I'm older and we can afford it. I never would have actually thought I would have bought one; or even blessed enough to be able to afford one (I know they aren't the most expensive of cars anymore). My buddy turned me on to them again when I totaled my 04 GTO. So I started looking at them. I primarily started with E55's because of the engine and kept saying that I wished they would have made the C-class with a V8 because I really loved how they looked. Low and behold they did. I immediately started researching them and trying to find one. A couple weeks later one showed up 2 hours away from my house. That weekend I went up and looked at it and pretty much told him I was going to go home to get the money. I picked it up the following weekend. I have to say I loved my GTO, but I think this is a great replacement. I do like that they aren't all over as well. I have yet to see another C32 or C55 on the road. I can't say that about the GTOs.

Last edited by BrandonS; 09-17-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM

2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by BrooklynAmg
Hello, ive been lurking around these forums for well over 6 months now as ive been looking to buy my first benz, a c55 I just have a simple question for all of you fellow AMGer's: when did you get your c55 amg? For how much? And with how many miles? All replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I bought a 2005 with 38,000 miles. I bought it about 3 weeks ago. It cost me $22,890. I had to pay for half of shipping costs from Houston to southern Alabama($200), and taxes/title/registration/etc. was $710 at 3% tax rate.

I won't say that I got a phenomenal deal on the car or anything, but it is very low miles and it is a Mercedes pre-owned with maintenance records. The car is 99% flawless in its condition. It has new tires and tint as well. I wanted to buy something nice so I was willing to pay a little extra. I don't think I overpayed; rather, just payed what it was worth.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Well we're all in the C55 boat together so IMHO I think we all should at least "try" and paddle in the same direction... I do love my C55 but everything is for sale but I'm surely not going to give the car away. Its really, really nice! If someone wants a really nice C55 then they need to step up or buy something else!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
I bought my C55 in October of 2009 for about $26k with 32k miles and CPO. Not a super deal, but I did buy it in a nice part of town and there were only 3 for sale at the time. I'm fine with it because I needed to get out of my C230 while I still could (and I did good on that, got $1k more than I owed on it) and I got a very nice car in good condition and I plan on keeping it for a long time anyway. CPO wasn't a huge deal, but I'm glad I got it so I had about a year to get the bugs worked out before it goes away. I actually saved quite a bit of money with that too, big repairs were a seat heater replaced, brake pedal position sensor replaced, valve cover gaskets replaced, motor mounts replaced, rear main seal replaced, and both front thrust arms replaced. So pretty much all the common problems are now taken care of so I shouldn't have to worry about much for quite a while.

Last edited by 91RS; 09-19-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:42 PM

cl500
Where did everyone find listings for the C55? Autotrader has less than 5 nationwide available, CL hasn't been any good and EBAY blows as well.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by CListhebestcar
Where did everyone find listings for the C55? Autotrader has less than 5 nationwide available, CL hasn't been any good and EBAY blows as well.
I found mine on AutoTrader. There are 27 listed on cars.com for sale nationwide.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM

cl500
What's a good deal for a C55 in terms of mileage?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM

2006 C55
I found my C55 by searching expired listings on ebay. My car only got to about $16k on ebay so I knew the guy would probably end up taking less than KBB for it. He wanted $18k, I offered $17k and we settled on $17500. After I say the car I was a little disappointed with the interior and how dirty it was so he knocked off $500 to make the deal happen. That $250 detail went a long way in making me happy and I got $250 extra in my pocket! Anyway, I tried autotrader, CL and ebay.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM

2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
Mine was listed on Autotrader.com and Cars.com both. I was close on a CL car and one on eBay too. The eBay owner had a story that didn't line up and and so I walked away on that one. The CL car was too far away and the logisitics fell apart on that one.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I'd say, if youre asking about high mileage versus low, that an 05 with 60K is HIGH mileage for an AMG. In light of that, many have DDs and have higher than that. I tend to look more at condition and maintenance than JUST mileage, although that's important!! With any high end car, mileage is always an issue, BUT then again, if you're going to buy the car, why not just drive it?? My favorite cars are the ones I drove and enjoyed. I am not a big fan of trailer queens at shows etc since I know the guys not enjoying the car. A 67 Vette, one of the most desirable of all time, is not desirable to me with just 5K on it. It may be for Bloomington Gold, BUT I have 0 interest.

So to answer, you're still looking in the low to mid 20s for a mid-mileage car.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550

Just my opinion, average mileage is probably between 8k and 12k per year. Now there are some thing to consider. Is the car modded to death? If the car has additions like slicks etc... then the next question is are the miles done a quarter mile at a time
I've seen some cars that at 100k they look and act as brand new. So it will take a little work and a bit of soul searching to determine what mileage you want to live with.