C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

W202 fuel pump replacement - easy job.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz 2000 C280
W202 fuel pump replacement - easy job.

I picked up a lot of tips from this forum and thought to perhaps pay-it-forward a bit in case someone like me has a similiar problem.

My 2000 C280 stopped on me and after a bit of fooling around (replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor but that was not the problem although not a bad thing to update) determined that my fuel pump was not running. I removed the fuel pump relay, jumpered the terminals 37 to 80 (I think - the two middle terminals) and did not hear anything. I verified that 12 volts was present on the pump by disconnecting the pump plug and ordered a new pump an filter.

I was thrown off by the goofy clamps on the large hose taking the output of the fuel pump and sending it to the engine. It was not the usual fuel clamp - don't sweat it though. I flicked open the clamp with a small screwdriver - problem solved [to re-install them, I used a pair of needle nosed vice grips and the clamp really went on easily - be sure to re-form the clam if it gets mangled during removal].

Easily a DIY job, I would suggest not cheaping out and skipping on replacing the filter, hey you're already in there pick up a filter and do a big favor for your fuel injection system.

Perhaps this helps someone, I know I sure find/found a lot of valuable information on this forum.

You guys are great - don't sweat the fuel pump.