C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

How to remove accelerator pedal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63
How to remove accelerator pedal?

Got the sprintbooster today but, for the life of me, I can't remove the accelerator pedal to install the unit. I've removed the nut that holds the pedal to the floor and I can wiggle it a bit but it just won't come off the bolt. There is washer that holding it back. I've even removed the plastic panel just under the dash to get better access but no luck.

Does anyone know how else to remove this pedal? I'm desperate to get this sprinterbooster in to try it out.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
If you removed the nut, then just give it a little bit more force. See if you can slide a large srew driver under the pedal and push up.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 AM

2012 C63
Thanks Lenin, I'll give it another crack tomorrow. I was a bit worried about breaking something and can't drive the car home.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM

2012 C63
The *** thing just won't budge. I'm going to have to take it to my trusted mechanic to have it installed.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by joeljp
The *** thing just won't budge. I'm going to have to take it to my trusted mechanic to have it installed.
It's a piece of cake, check out my thread on how to do it:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ts-pedals.html
Old 10-28-2010, 05:19 AM

2012 C63
Thanks loudandheard! I did see your post while researching sprintbooster. Having just read your post again, there was one step I missed and that was to remove the pin at the top of the pedal.

I dropped my car off at the mechanic on the way home. He's going to have a go tomorrow. I guess I won't need to learn how to remove it after all. Hopefully, magic awaits tomorrow
Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 AM

2012 C63
This sprintbooster is turning out to be a nightmare. The mechanic rang to say the booster didn't have the right connector...grrrr Apparently, US based C32's may be subtly different with many of the parts used to the Australian right hand drive version. What to do.... I think I'll just put it on the classified section.

Anyone looking for a sprintbooster, automatic AMG model? $250 including postage and it's yours.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
17 E220d all-terrrain, 92 SL500, 16 C250D Wagon, 16 A200 (wife)
Accelerator Pedal Removal

For the benefit of others doing this task, I would like to second that the washer does jam the pedal, and is a royal PITA! Definitely not a piece of cake when the washer jams!!

Finally got it off after a long time stuffing about to get the washer out, all the time thinking that I must be missing something, thanks to the 'piece of cake' post. Pedal wiggles but will NOT come off without washer removed. Washer is a fairly neat fit in the housing so little room to get around to lift it up. After much struggling with a sharp hooked spike slowly worked it up. Trouble is as soon as the washer tips it jams. Had to do a bit of forced work with a screwdriver under it, not that pretty.
Just stupidly difficult to get the washer off, yet it is actually an ok fit if its square on, just jams if sideways. Once its off, pedal comes out easily, there is a plastic bit that keys in the top of the pedal, but that one nut is the only thing to be undone, plus its darned washer.
2 small magnets would be my suggestion and would lift the washer squarely in a jiffy. (Or take the car and tip it upside down, would just fall off :})

Out of interest, took this out to look at error codes when the pedal signals are broken. Would you believe, with the pedal plug completely off, no errors, motor starts just fine, car display and OBD doesnt pick up any codes !!! WTF?

Also, by the way, found the EOBD-Facile from France works well on Bluetooth ELM327 OBD unit (blue and orange one seen all over internet for 10-20$). Much better software than all the other free / cheapy, so bought it for EU22. Really like the CANBUS analyser that can even send codes on CAN via the terminal - presuming it works when I get the license key tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
w2010 w204 c300 amg sports package
Originally Posted by joeljp
Got the sprintbooster today but, for the life of me, I can't remove the accelerator pedal to install the unit. I've removed the nut that holds the pedal to the floor and I can wiggle it a bit but it just won't come off the bolt. There is washer that holding it back. I've even removed the plastic panel just under the dash to get better access but no luck.

Does anyone know how else to remove this pedal? I'm desperate to get this sprinterbooster in to try it out.
hey buddy did u end up getting the accelerator pedal off
im from melbourne and need to change mine also can someone explain in detail how do i get the acceleartor pedal off the bottom where the two bolts are my prob is i cant s=even see the bolts and how do i force the pedal forward enough to get tot the bolts?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM

C32 AMG -2004
Remove el-connector?

Great thread regarding replacement of acc.lever.. My silly question is how the h*ll do I remove the el-cable? There comes a time when you have to run out of patience...
Attached Thumbnails How to remove accelerator pedal?-20150603_201320.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C32
I just changed an accelerator pedal. took 5 min only
You need a deep socket 10mm and no extension on the handle.
pop the plastic part ontop of the bolt, you will see a white protruding plastic bolt with a silver nut with washer.
use socket to remove nut.
pull pedal towards you slowly and unclip the wire.
voila and done.

To unclip the wiring use two hand and push the top sides till u feel the tension and using your fingers and palms push outwards to unclip.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 AM

C32 AMG -2004
Electrical-issues C32 - 2004

Thanks Dollos for reply. I just got my acc.lever changed yesterday. My car still have electrical-problems! Must be shortcircuit since the fuses break same second I replace them, ongoing investigation.... Would appreciate hints if anyone have experience of similar issues with C32
Old 07-03-2015, 05:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C32
Please check for water in the front fuse box where the ecu and front sam module is kept. its very hard to make out if there is water. use a torch if you can.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:06 AM

C32 AMG -2004
Thanks Dollos. Just bought the car last month and from the fusechart I can see that my cd-changer is not feeling too well... COMAND lights up but no sound and phone is dead!
Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 PM

500 SL
1990 500 SL .... I removed the accelerator peddle spring to replace the throttle cable but now I am having a 79 year old senior moment since I accidentally deleted my photo of where the inside spring attaches from the throttle connection......It starts and runs well but I am not comfortable driving without the spring being attached..... If any one can help get me back on track I would appreciate it...Thank you...