2003 C32 battery drain - green trunk release button flashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
2003 C32 battery drain - green trunk release button flashing

Hi Everyone,

So the other day my car wouldn't start - measured voltage and it was 11.3 volts. Didn't mess with it until the next day when the voltage was about 10.4 volts. Threw the battery charger on and while it was charging did a walk around the car and looked inside to see if maybe I could find something that was left on which could be accounting for the drain.

I noticed the green emergency trunk release button is always flashing, regardless of if the engine is off - car is locked - car is unlocked - car is started, etc. It's always on.

Is this normal?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
yes this is normal

it is likely one of your front seat modules. this is a known issues. there is a cheap easy fix to prevent the draining. TemjinX2 did a write up for it. that should help you.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks, I saw that when I was browsing battery drain issues earlier.

I'll see if I can figure out how to disconnect them and make sure that resolves it....I've got an extended warranty on the car so I'll probalby just get it fixed. For some reason my outside mirror no longer is titling down when I put it in reverse and it's still setup to do so. Not sure if that might be related to all of this or not.

Ryan
Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Ryan,

if you have a warranty, then yes get it repaired. i believe that they now use the E class seat modules in the W203s because the original W203 seat modules were, well, prone to this. make sure they install the correct ones (and not the same ones, again, if this is the issue).

regarding your mirror, there is a setting that can turn on/off your window tilting for your side mirrors. you may have accidentally shut that off. if the setting option shows that it is still on, then i'm not sure.

if your car is on and so is the setting for it to adjust/tilt, then you shouldn't be having a problem with the mirror. make sure it is on first basically. the setting/option can be found through navigating the menus with your steering wheel buttons/arrows/+- etc
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM

C32 AMG
I went out and took another look and the green trunk release button finally stopped flashing. It must flash for a while and then turn off.

I figured out why the passenger mirror wouldn't move. Evidently you have to have the passenger side selected on the control switch as if you were adjusting that mirror. As soon as I flipped it from the drivers side to the passenger side the mirror moved as it should.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by whostorm05
I figured out why the passenger mirror wouldn't move. Evidently you have to have the passenger side selected on the control switch as if you were adjusting that mirror. As soon as I flipped it from the drivers side to the passenger side the mirror moved as it should.

That minor detail must have plagued me for almost a month before I figured it out. Seems so silly to me.