C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

i compare are cars to the e46 m3 too much, but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
i compare are cars to the e46 m3 too much, but...

on the e46 m3, like our cars (the c55 especially) when traction control is off, it's not completely off. i'm sure you all notice that when you floor your cars with traction control off at standstill (unless you have somthing going on in the car) the little explanation point flashes signalling that dsc is still in control and does not want you to die. the dsc still cuts power even though traction control is off.
on the e46 m3, you can turn dsc completely off by holding down the dsc button for about 12 seconds.
which brings me to my question, can we do that? it would be a nice feature for those of us that have aftermarket power that always gets held back by this feature
Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
The reason traction control isn't fully off is because we don't have a limited slip diff. It uses the brakes and power to create a pseudo limited slip diff. Also, I'm sure if you had major wheel speed differences left to right along the same axle it'd probably try to get you back into control as well. Don't take the flashing light as your safety card to act stupid though, you can still wrap this car around a tree very easily, especially with traction control off.

Search the forum for dyno mode.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Dyno Mode

Have fun saying goodbye to your tires though!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by SoCalC55
Dyno Mode

This!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Dyno Mode

whatever this sequence is, i'll take it! if you guys know it that is. what exactly does it do? AND WHAT THE HECK THE C55 DOESN'T HAVE A LIMITED SLIP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9e8CFssJPg

Same sequence for all W203s
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9e8CFssJPg

Same sequence for all W203s

so that does the trick huh? alright i'll see what happens with that. i'm still really surprised we don't have lsd on the 55.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
so that does the trick huh? alright i'll see what happens with that. i'm still really surprised we don't have lsd on the 55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9A0rC-ok4

i've seen the name rlx02 on here a bunch of times!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
you can just pull the esp fuse. I believe its the 45amp fuse in the front sam. Its the same as putting in dyno mode but faster. But you launch faster with the esp. Also be careful with the esp completely off. This isn't a torque less m3.

If you go full throttle, your rear end will go sideways. I went full throttle once with the esp disabled while trying to launch it.

I almost did a 360 at a dig....so i decided never to have esp completely turned off again.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 AM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I almost did a 360 at a dig....so i decided never to have esp completely turned off again.
Part of the reason why I always let my ESP on or at the most partially off.

Even with it partially off, these cars are VERY tail happy.

Be safe, man.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read one of your posts somewhere stating you were around 19 years old right? And quite recently there was a thread about another younger member who drifted his car into a curb and basically blew out the rear end.

I'm not a stick in the mud and I enjoy using my car to its fullest capabilities as much as the next guy. However something tells me your not going to be using your car responsibly or in a safe environment nor do you have a great deal of experience. Don't be that guy that hits a family of four in their car because you wanted to show your buddies how awesome you are spinning your tires around and sliding all over the place.

Leave the ESP partially on unless you're actually on a Dyno.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
you can just pull the esp fuse. I believe its the 45amp fuse in the front sam. Its the same as putting in dyno mode but faster. But you launch faster with the esp. Also be careful with the esp completely off. This isn't a torque less m3.

If you go full throttle, your rear end will go sideways. I went full throttle once with the esp disabled while trying to launch it.

wow. Ive been on the forums for a long time and I have never heard anyone do this before. Not that I will ever do this, but could you PM me the info for the fuse number?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:49 PM

LADA 1600
I started autocrossing my C55 this year, and I did a lot of experimenting with ESP on and off.

With it off, the car will always go into a slide, and if you give it more power while in slide you'll do a very cool looking burnout. If you continue with your foot the floor, the car eventually slows down with the tires completely up in smoke, until power is cut. This is what the partial ESP does. I've found it very difficult to spin the car, as it's very controllable when in drift, but then again, I wasn't trying. It certainly doesn't take much to go fast enough to defy the partial ESP.

With ESP on, it was still possible to slide the car, in fact more than enough to make you go slow.

If you're looking to drive fast (at the limit) ESP doesn't intervene. It intervenes once you go past the limit, and then saves the car. The "slowness" from the ESP is not the ESP kicking in, it's the power that's being cut and you have to make it up at low RPM (which takes longer!)

Moral of the story is, keep ESP always on, unless you're putting on a smoke show. Drive safely on the streets. If you want to test your car's abilities, go to an autox event... they're only $40!

Last edited by masterianvii; 11-10-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9A0rC-ok4

i've seen the name rlx02 on here a bunch of times!
Because that is me

and turning ESP all the way off causes your tires to look like this after 4 months

Last edited by RLx02; 11-10-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read one of your posts somewhere stating you were around 19 years old right? And quite recently there was a thread about another younger member who drifted his car into a curb and basically blew out the rear end.

I'm not a stick in the mud and I enjoy using my car to its fullest capabilities as much as the next guy. However something tells me your not going to be using your car responsibly or in a safe environment nor do you have a great deal of experience. Don't be that guy that hits a family of four in their car because you wanted to show your buddies how awesome you are spinning your tires around and sliding all over the place.

Leave the ESP partially on unless you're actually on a Dyno.
yes, i am in fact 19. yes, i talked to the kid with the c32 that drifted into the curb. i made some comments on that thread as well. no, i did not want to know the sequence so that i can show off to buddies or anything. believe me, all i need to do to show off to someone my age is just pull up in my car, i rarely ever get on it anywhere near what i used to when i first got the car. i appreciate you looking out for me. I can personally say that even though i have had this car for exactly a year now, I am still not an experienced high performance car driver and i will not be for a very long time. the reason why i wanted to know how to do this was because i just felt like there should be a way (a simple way) to disengage dsc like that of the m3, but the reason they did it to their m3 was because it was a 1000hp stage 4 hpf turbo m3. so you can only imagine how much the computer got in the way
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by RLx02
Because that is me

and turning ESP all the way off causes your tires to look like this after 4 months

i knew you were on here somewhere! lol i may do this before i get new rear ps2's in february.