C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Intercooler pump bad, not the S/C, lol!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
My I/C pump was DOA when I first got my car. I love how the dealer will tell you they've never heard of the problem and that it's not the I/C pump. The dealer also said that they've never heard of Glycol contamination in any of their cars. It's a joke considering every 1/3 cars in my area is a MB. Thank god for the message board forums. Dealerships are quite useless at diagnosis. Should be a requirement for Service Managers to read message board forums.

Anyways, didn't mean to sound like an old ninny. Welcome to the forums!

Bry
Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by testknight
I can't believe people give a rats butt enough about the title of the thread to even comment on it.

"Yeah let's make a rule guys!!"
I must stress that the board is here to help and while it seems silly to argue about a title, you have to remember there will be others that may have a problem and won't be able to search for it due to the the title of the thread.

On the rx7 board. It is forbidden to use the word "help" in your thread title because of the ambiguity of it. I mean say your doing a search for a problem, what good is a non relevant title? That board is full of people with problems with their cars, so having that rule inplace is a good thing. It cuts down on duplicate threads and posts
Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
My I/C pump was DOA when I first got my car. I love how the dealer will tell you they've never heard of the problem and that it's not the I/C pump. The dealer also said that they've never heard of Glycol contamination in any of their cars. It's a joke considering every 1/3 cars in my area is a MB. Thank god for the message board forums. Dealerships are quite useless at diagnosis. Should be a requirement for Service Managers to read message board forums.

Anyways, didn't mean to sound like an old ninny. Welcome to the forums!

Bry
Either, 1. He doesn't know what he's talking about with the "Valeo" issue or 2. He hasn't seen or sold or fixed many C32s from 02-early 03??
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
My I/C pump was DOA when I first got my car.
Got mine at 83k miles with dead I/C pump. The drive home was over 300 miles mainly highway...
I love how the dealer will tell you they've never heard of the problem and that it's not the I/C pump. The dealer also said that they've never heard of Glycol contamination in any of their cars.
My local dealer isn't that bad. Just too expensive...
I must stress that the board is here to help and while it seems silly to argue about a title, you have to remember there will be others that may have a problem and won't be able to search for it due to the the title of the thread.
Why complain about it on this thread? Just contact the admin to change the title?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
I bought mine in los Angeles and drove it home to salt lake city. Mine stopped working on the way home as well truly a terrible feeling
Old 12-04-2010, 01:23 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Either, 1. He doesn't know what he's talking about with the "Valeo" issue or 2. He hasn't seen or sold or fixed many C32s from 02-early 03??
I was under the impression that all pre '03 Mercs had the Glycol issue. I'm sure the S/C has nothing to do with the way the tranny fluid is cooled. It runs through the rad in other cars as well no? A mechanic friend of mine who owns a C320 coupe says he checks his coolant regularly because he fears glycol contamination. C240/C320/C32 should all have the same engine configurations.

Bry
Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by moosejaw

On the rx7 board. It is forbidden to use the word "help" in your thread title because of the ambiguity of it. I mean say your doing a search for a problem, what good is a non relevant title? That board is full of people with problems with their cars, so having that rule inplace is a good thing. It cuts down on duplicate threads and posts
That's cool. I guess its more in the way 'some' people approach it. Fair enough tho.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:16 PM

C32, 911 SC
Mine is stock silver with color-coded front side markers. I also have No More Homeless Pets license plate. Sounds like a C32 meet is in order
Old 12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by UtahC32Amg
I apologize... Thanks for approaching it in a mature way and not acting like a child.

From now on my threads will have titles that explain the thread itself.
What do you want the title changed to?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:22 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
Originally Posted by ddtham
Mine is stock silver with color-coded front side markers. I also have No More Homeless Pets license plate. Sounds like a C32 meet is in order
Agreed!! How many Utah c32s you know of?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:26 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
Originally Posted by ScottW911
What do you want the title changed to?
IC pump not the SC
Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by UtahC32Amg
Agreed!! How many Utah c32s you know of?
I've seen 4 C32s in downtown SLC, one is silver driven by an older guy, another silver driven by a younger guy, a black one with projector headlights and a maroon one.

There's Chazz from this forum who lives up north that I haven't met yet and he has Renntech upgrades.

I've met a guy with 208 CLK55 coupe a while back and did couple of friendly runs.

If you're up for it, we can run as well to see how your stock 32 fares against 185 mm car like mine before you purchase the upgrades from Eurocharged.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
Originally Posted by ddtham
I've seen 4 C32s in downtown SLC, one is silver driven by an older guy, another silver driven by a younger guy, a black one with projector headlights and a maroon one.

There's Chazz from this forum who lives up north that I haven't met yet and he has Renntech upgrades.

I've met a guy with 208 CLK55 coupe a while back and did couple of friendly runs.

If you're up for it, we can run as well to see how your stock 32 fares against 185 mm car like mine before you purchase the upgrades from Eurocharged.
That would be amazing! I would love to see the difference before I make the purchase. But i would have to replace my IC pump before that happens. Its not quite pulling its hardest.