C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need help or advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
Need help or advice!

So i just bought a 2003 c32 w/ 30k mi. Love the car, drove great w/ no issues. I recently changed intake to sl-55 and have been driving around w/ a great smile and no issues. Read about all the valero mishaps so i thought id do some good and take it to a indie shop and get it changed out. Now the car was running like a champ before i took it in. But now the indie shop changed to a behr radiator; it runs rough and is overheating. The indie shop said the fan/module is bad, but it was fine before i took it in? Any thoughts to why the fan is shot now after the radiator change? Please help!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
If they managed to damage the fan swapping the radiator you might want to check the main electrical connection first... Maybe they didn't plug it in?

Start car turn on heater and see if the fan is running. Clean both connections with electrical contact cleaner if not. CRC is what I use. At Autozone... Check wiring for damage.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
bleed the system of air and check the fan. My car has 120k on it and the fan module is still good. I think they just messed up on the install. there's slight trick to removing the fan from the oem radiator, if you dont know it you can have difficult or mess up the fan.

Thats why on installs like this i like to install it on my own. Some times it seems like shops dont care about the car enough to make sure its installed correctly.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Please be sure to name your threads appropriately.

If someone were to search for this thread to help themselves out in a similar situation, do you think they would type "Help" or "C32 LOL" in the search feature up top?