C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

heres the new 32 to the stable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by ML500K
+1 Tune with the coldest weather in your region. I never got any CEL or any issues with the engine... Some people see problems when tuning during the summer and find problems in fall where the there is a big drop in temp. differences.

The Brabus Knobs looks very nice!

this is what i got: http://www.formymercedes.com/images/772-7225.jpg
you have the right idea.

read what that guy said again, he is saying it's better to tune in the summer because he thinks that the car will run rich in the winter. apparently he doesn't understand the concept of air psychrometrics.

....if you tune the car in the winter, it will run rich in the summer (that's a good thing). if you tune the car in the summer, it will be more lean in the winter, and you could potentially blow your junk up.

Last edited by Dingleberry; 12-25-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
you have the right idea.

read what that guy said again, he is saying it's better to tune in the summer because he thinks that the car will run rich in the winter. apparently he doesn't the concept of air psychrometrics.

....if you tune the car in the winter, it will run rich in the summer (that's a good thing). if you tune the car in the summer, it will be more lean in the winter, and you could potentially blow your junk up.

nice info, i'm gonna keep that in mind.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by AMGC
My laptop is fried so cant upload pictures just yet of the new mods and such. ***Can a moderator change the thread title to "AMGCs C32 ongoing build"

GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT BRAND NEW FROM THE DEALER 2-TONE C32 AMG FLOOR MATS FOR CHRISTMAS!!! They must have been almost a grand and they are the black/blue OEM ones to match my 2-tone interior. Will have pictures of what brand new oem floor mats look like soon. Now just need to find a Brabus illuminating shift knob and my interior will be complete until custom alcantara pieces that ill keep on the hush hush for now
So you didn't find the shifter. OK.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Originally Posted by pointman
So you didn't find the shifter. OK.
sadly the one I found, the guys friend called him and said he wanted it, although i was the first to respond and everything. For the time being, did a little custom work to the shifters middle section where the C32 was worn. I will not settle for anything besides the alcantara or leather illuminating Brabus shift knob. These things seem impossible to find so I am contacting Brabus directly. Just neeeeed the damn knob already!
Old 12-25-2010, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c32 amg
what # pad are you gonna use on the h&r's in the rear ?

Last edited by hks-evo; 12-27-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Done:
-did all recommended maintenance
-Sprint Booster (highly recommend, changed the entire feel of the car)
-Tint
-CF trunk lip(thanks to my "bonita amor")
-CF B pillars
-brand new OEM floor mats in the correct black/blue to match the seats (also thanks to my "bonita amor")
-SL55 Y splitter and tubes (need air boxes still)
body matched side markers

This week:
-ordering gloss black CF overlay for the interior trim, including vent surrounds, to match the exteriors CF
-finally getting the H&Rs in (didnt know my 201/202/124/ect mercedes spring compressor's spring plate was too small for the 203s front springs)
-waiting for flush Reiger window spoiler to arrive
-contemplating putting on the CF front lip or waiting till winters through
will update with pictures regularly
Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 PM

Marsaydees
Originally Posted by AMGC
Done:

-Sprint Booster (highly recommend, changed the entire feel of the car)
seriously?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dingleberry
seriously?
surprisingly. You really don't notice how much retard on the throttle there is till you get one of these. I really don't miss a manny tranny in the turns now.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update:
Code3 pulley and sc fluid change after snow storm
New lighter assembly(bright and clean but 80 bucks!)
Brabus illuminating shift knob
Rev app on itouch mounted by a pillar with kiwi wifi obd (<3)
Black bought to do all pillars and headliner
Lots more will update later
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Can you share where you got the brabus shifter now? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I've never heard of tuning your car in winter or summer. If the tune is done properly (from my experience) it will compensate for reasonable changes in barometric pressure, ambient air temp. The fuel inj system has a load of sensors which will adjust fuel/timing for changes in parameters.

The o2 sensors will adjust the fuel maps for lean/rich conditions that might result from cold dense air?

Now the one case where there could be a problem is if your tuner is taking your tune into the ragged edge of AFR to max HP/TQ in the summer....... and then you drive that tune on a 20 deg F day and get a lean condition....... BUT it seems the O2 sensors would detect the lean cond and adjust the fuel maps accordingly? Also don't these cars have knock sensors that pull timing if a knock is detected?

On carb apps you have to constantly change jets for this reason.... but isn't that the beauty of fuel injection?

I'm applying my fuel inj knowledge from "other" brands.... so pardon my mb eng mgt system newb'ness.

IF you want to run your car on the ragged edge for max hp/tq at the track, get a switch chip or something similar that allows for a street tune and a race tune.... run some high oct race fuel in the tank at the strip with the race tune.

Another area I've had issues with "custom tunes" is tuning a blown combo on the dyno with the car at wide open throttle after full cooldown for each pass. While this is great for posting up HIGH HP/TQ dyno charts for your internet buddies it doesn't cover the full gamut of street driving scenarios and can be dangerous for your engine.

A car that posted good afr's and 430rwhp on the dyno would have part throttle detonation, tip in detonation, and bucking, surging even though it ran great on those wide open throttle blasts under full cool down conditions. A good tuner will check the tune out under all conditions (as much as practical), so some this involves riding around town with a laptop and wideband.... others have the maps/tune down already, and others just cut paste (other peoples) tunes and hope for the best.

Also some people will bump timing, add race gas on the dyno with full cool down to get that pretty dyno sheet..... and then run a safe street tune...... not calling them a poser.... the car DID make the power..... but that was under special conditions. :

I learned to do my homework on your selection of a tuner. It's not a one-size fits all game. IMHO.

Other brands get the key to unlock the engine mgt systems, maps, tables, etc.... they get to datalog and tweek their combos..... when will we get that power in our amg's? Does it exist? Or are we stuck going to a shop? What is so special about the mb eng mgt system that it must be kept out of reach of the enthusiast?
I'm guessing the high $$$$ of repair/hardware that could result from backyard mech joe messing up his tune with a smaller pulley has helped to keep the demand for grass-roots tuning equipment down..... I'd like to have it..... we used to play with tweecer on another platform......

There's also the stand-alone eng mgt system route..... but then you lose some functionality on your nice luxury car....... which kills it for me..... might as well get a rustang if you're doing that......

Pardon the long brain dump

Last edited by betrezra; 01-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pointman
Can you share where you got the brabus shifter now? Thanks.
I will get you the guys contact info.
New mods:
Dension Gateway that will sit where the CD changer was for Ipod/usb/ect
headliner and pillars done in black alcantara

So as of now I have done:
Interior: Brabus pedals, black Brabus door pins, Brabus leather illuminating shift knob, CF wrapped interior trim, black alcantara headliner/pillars, brand new OEM 2-tone C32 AMG floor mats, Dension Gateway, Kiwi obd2 wireless wifi for Itouch (mounted by A pillar) with Rev app (have it showing boost, air/fuel, intake temp, coolant temp, MAF rate, instantaneous MPG), red LEDs that put a faint glow on the interior like the W220, brand new cigar lighter(would never mention, but it cost 80 bucks and looks 1000X cleaner and brighter)
Exterior: CF front lip, CF trunk lip, new post-update clear headlights, Reiger rear window spoiler, and blacked out badges/emblems
Suspension:H&Rs (just for now, coilovers once summers almost here)
Engine:Code3 pulley, full 55K intake set-up with K&Ns and looking to get a Jerry tune soon. All maintenance I keep up to date and even bought a brand new purge valve so... no more ticking noise!!!
Rims: Brand new and still in the boxes from Brabus- 18" staggered 2 piece 8.5/9.5 Brabus Vs
Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
pictures!