Guys Need help... Trading C55 for 335i 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Turbo Squid
I was going to just respond to your PM, but I figured putting it in public view might be beneficial to others who are thinking of doing the same thing and just want to see another opinion...

~27k is an absolute rip off for that.

No nav? Forget it. Some people that it's a love/hate issue with iDrive. Usually the people that say that sort of thing don't drive a BMW.

Dinan is nice-ish. But way overpriced and way way too commercialized of an aftermarket brand.

For example, their exhausts are hella expensive yet the welds look like doodoo and there's nothing special about them. The ONLY benefit to Dinan is that it once was the only factory-like warrantied tuner for BMW, I believe many BMW dealerships still honor the Dinan parts warranty.

If I were you I'd log onto E90post.com today and look around the classifieds, also look around the sponsor sections to see what kind of deals there are on various types of mods.

If your C55 still has warranty it makes it a much more desireable car, therefore easier to sell privately. I wouldn't sell a CPO/warrantied car to CarMax just because they are not really going to consider it much of a value adder. (Keep in mind they (at all locations) buy hundreds of cars per day, they are a volume in / volume out dealer.)

Personally I think you should have your C55 detailed and have a local auto photographer (that you can find on various forums, if you can't find any try: http://www.autophotog.com/forums/) do a detailed photoshoot of all the critical angles of the car with loads of beauty shots to really catch peoples attention, then do a very detailed write-up on the history of the car etc... Your goal with this is to beat CarMAx's offer. This should be very very easy to do. I recently sold an '06 GTi MkV in for an appraisal, they offered me $11k but within just a month of just sitting on Craigslist I managed to get $13k for the car with no hassle and no real effort.

It's winter time so people in the market for cars like the C55 will not be on the prowl as much as they would during the warmer months. You never know though...

Anyways, I hope this helps. If I wasn't so busy with work, (and car hunting for other people already) I would help you find the sweetest 335 out there for the right price. If I get around to it or just so happen to stumble on one I'll PM you.

This is all just my opinion btw. I'm not a BMW hater. I have a fully worked up N/A '99 M3 fun toy, 'new to me' mod bug '05 C55, had an '07 ProCede 335, and had a '99 OEM-modded C43. So I'm not biased towards either side of the Bimmer/Benz spectrum.

If you can't find what you are looking for on the enthusiast forums I suggest searching through http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/cpo/default.aspx to find a nice CPO'ed car that you can finance through BMW. The warranty and extended maintenance plans will help keep headaches at bay and should make for a more enjoyable ownership experience.

I hope I'm helping.
+1 on this the only bmw that i hate are all of the 7 series because they are so played out in my area and every idiot is putting 22's and 24's on them and you can buy them for <20k. 335's are awesome if you can get them for the right price since the e9x body is still current. my friend bought his for 19k with 50k miles but from the auction. 6 spd manual black on black with the sick body kit (i think it's called aero package, sorta has the m3 front bumper look and rear spoiler) so if you want to get the 335, go for it. if you get the jb4 upgrade, you'll work magic
Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG 2006
I was going to just respond to your PM, but I figured putting it in public view might be beneficial to others who are thinking of doing the same thing and just want to see another opinion...

~27k is an absolute rip off for that.

No nav? Forget it. Some people that it's a love/hate issue with iDrive. Usually the people that say that sort of thing don't drive a BMW.

Dinan is nice-ish. But way overpriced and way way too commercialized of an aftermarket brand.

For example, their exhausts are hella expensive yet the welds look like doodoo and there's nothing special about them. The ONLY benefit to Dinan is that it once was the only factory-like warrantied tuner for BMW, I believe many BMW dealerships still honor the Dinan parts warranty.

If I were you I'd log onto E90post.com today and look around the classifieds, also look around the sponsor sections to see what kind of deals there are on various types of mods.

If your C55 still has warranty it makes it a much more desireable car, therefore easier to sell privately. I wouldn't sell a CPO/warrantied car to CarMax just because they are not really going to consider it much of a value adder. (Keep in mind they (at all locations) buy hundreds of cars per day, they are a volume in / volume out dealer.)

Personally I think you should have your C55 detailed and have a local auto photographer (that you can find on various forums, if you can't find any try: http://www.autophotog.com/forums/) do a detailed photoshoot of all the critical angles of the car with loads of beauty shots to really catch peoples attention, then do a very detailed write-up on the history of the car etc... Your goal with this is to beat CarMAx's offer. This should be very very easy to do. I recently sold an '06 GTi MkV in for an appraisal, they offered me $11k but within just a month of just sitting on Craigslist I managed to get $13k for the car with no hassle and no real effort.

It's winter time so people in the market for cars like the C55 will not be on the prowl as much as they would during the warmer months. You never know though...

Anyways, I hope this helps. If I wasn't so busy with work, (and car hunting for other people already) I would help you find the sweetest 335 out there for the right price. If I get around to it or just so happen to stumble on one I'll PM you.

This is all just my opinion btw. I'm not a BMW hater. I have a fully worked up N/A '99 M3 fun toy, 'new to me' mod bug '05 C55, had an '07 ProCede 335, and had a '99 OEM-modded C43. So I'm not biased towards either side of the Bimmer/Benz spectrum.

If you can't find what you are looking for on the enthusiast forums I suggest searching through http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/cpo/default.aspx to find a nice CPO'ed car that you can finance through BMW. The warranty and extended maintenance plans will help keep headaches at bay and should make for a more enjoyable ownership experience.

I hope I'm helping.
Much appreciated!
This put things into perspective...
I, however, have placed my offer yesterday to the dealer and waiting to see how it pans out.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM

C55 + M3
Originally Posted by MJ9723
Much appreciated!
This put things into perspective...
I, however, have placed my offer yesterday to the dealer and waiting to see how it pans out.
I just hope its not a car that's been owned by someone who likes to mod but was cheap and cut corners with car care (ie. the kind of person that wouldn't shell out the extra few $ for a car with iDrive.) You don't want to end out with one that has caked up turboes, wastegate rattle, stressed High Pressure Fuel Pump, and other common issues that come from people that don't know much about these cars etc...

I hope it turns out alright.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I just hope its not a car that's been owned by someone who likes to mod but was cheap and cut corners with car care (ie. the kind of person that wouldn't shell out the extra few $ for a car with iDrive.) You don't want to end out with one that has caked up turboes, wastegate rattle, stressed High Pressure Fuel Pump, and other common issues that come from people that don't know much about these cars etc...

I hope it turns out alright.

+1 , good points!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 PM

2006 C55 ////AMG
really bmws unreliable your either high or ****ing retarded. I have had more of my benzes brake down and none of my beemers. So many electrical problems on benzs. How come e30 3 series go +300k miles and i can get suspension mods on my 335i and out handle a c55 any day. Far more potential for handling mods on BMWs than benzs, wow my c55 doest even have an LSD and its an AMG... and yes its black
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 PM

2006 C55 ////AMG
The pre face lifted 335i's can get more power. They have an N54 twin turbo with virtually no lag. They can get 80hp and 80ft/lb of torque where as the N55 single turbo HAS LAG and can only get 50hp and 60 torque with the same chip its just more fuel efficient. If the facelifted one is so much better than y did they keep the twin turbo engine in the 1M y not just put the single turbo and same with the 335is and the Z4 is all have the N54. DO NOT GET A 335i after 09 unless you like the looks and no the HPFP problem wasnt fixed then.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
You know why i dont like 335i's
bc every 18 year old douchebag has one.

I've seen enough of those juiced up cars limp home and owners scrambling to set their cars back to stock before their yellow tailed *** make a claim with the warranty. 335is are like the household pest and they need to be squashed.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
bmw= break my wallet
Old 12-16-2010, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by moosejaw
You know why i dont like 335i's
bc every 18 year old douchebag has one.

I've seen enough of those juiced up cars limp home and owners scrambling to set their cars back to stock before their yellow tailed *** make a claim with the warranty. 335is are like the household pest and they need to be squashed.

+1 actually my friend that i was talkign about is 17 and this is his second one. his last one was the sedan.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM

2006 C55 ////AMG
moose jaw your gonna tell me that your car doesnt look douchebag??? your either mexican or a douch or both...you have fun being a little MB fanboy and remain narrowminded while looking at the rear end of an m3/335i **** on you just because you underestimated them by thinking "Oh, its not an mb so there is no way I'll loose."
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by C55 4 life
moose jaw your gonna tell me that your car doesnt look douchebag??? your either mexican or a douch or both...you have fun being a little MB fanboy and remain narrowminded while looking at the rear end of an m3/335i **** on you just because you underestimated them by thinking "Oh, its not an mb so there is no way I'll loose."
why the hell is your name C55 4 life?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Bud Your way out of line!!!!
Racist remarks aside
What else do you know about me?
How many 335i's u seen beat a modded E55 and are still driveable to work w/o going into limp mode.
Ive beaten juiced up 335is in my old C32. Ask SteveOAMG. He has my old ride.

I got bigger news for you, My FD is faster than my E55 and it wont be long before i single turbo the SC300.

Hide behind your computer you wont be posting here for long.
So grow some nads, get to 2000 posts, and then shake your big stick!
Learn how to engage other members, untill then i leave you to the mods

I ever hear you make a racist remark again, i'll report you to Obama!

Last edited by moosejaw; 12-17-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
By this post, you're only further proving the BMW dbag stereotype.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
C55 4 Life, see your PMs for your infraction notice...
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
The pre face lifted 335i's can get more power. They have an N54 twin turbo with virtually no lag. They can get 80hp and 80ft/lb of torque where as the N55 single turbo HAS LAG and can only get 50hp and 60 torque with the same chip its just more fuel efficient. If the facelifted one is so much better than y did they keep the twin turbo engine in the 1M y not just put the single turbo and same with the 335is and the Z4 is all have the N54. DO NOT GET A 335i after 09 unless you like the looks and no the HPFP problem wasnt fixed then.
C55 4 Life, Can you share some photos of your BMW? I'd love to see what a modded one with Aero and Dinan Package looks like??
Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Bud Your way out of line!!!!
Racist remarks aside
What else do you know about me?
How many 335i's u seen beat a modded E55 and are still driveable to work w/o going into limp mode.
Ive beaten juiced up 335is in my old C32. Ask SteveOAMG. He has my old ride.

I got bigger news for you, My FD is faster than my E55 and it wont be long before i single turbo the SC300.

Hide behind your computer you wont be posting here for long.
So grow some nads, get to 2000 posts, and then shake your big stick!
Learn how to engage other members, untill then i leave you to the mods

I ever hear you make a racist remark again, i'll report you to Obama!
Drew, ignore the "troll", it only wants to be fed
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
C55 4 Life, see your PMs for your infraction notice...
you're the man bob. look at his recent posts. 90% of them are about why bmw is better than mercedes. all too
Old 12-17-2010, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
For the record i just want to clarify to my freinds at MBWorld and C554lies that I am actually British, not Mexican. I cant tolerate bigots tho....
However nothing wrong with being Mexican ......food is great, tequilla is awesome, the women love to screw, and the donkey shows in TJ are pretty good (if your into that).
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
For the record i just want to clarify to my freinds at MBWorld and C554lies that I am actually British, not Mexican. I cant tolerate bigots tho....
However nothing wrong with being Mexican ......food is great, tequilla is awesome, the women love to screw, and the donkey shows in TJ are pretty good (if your into that).
Drew, you just got a good old "belly laugh" out of me

Which begs the question, what do the "British" like to do??
Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Which begs the question, what do the "British" like to do??
Drink Tea, warm beer, worship the queen, watch top gear, and root for Chelsea!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Drink Tea, warm beer, worship the queen, watch top gear, and root for Chelsea!
Oh, how I love Top Gear. The British idioms and words are half the entertainment for me! I love using them, too!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 91RS
Oh, how I love Top Gear. The British idioms and words are half the entertainment for me! I love using them, too!
Hey, you can't call the British "idioms" Moosie will come and get ya and haul you off to TJ!!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Hey, you can't call the British "idioms" Moosie will come and get ya and haul you off to TJ!!
id·i·om
n.
1. A speech form or an expression of a given language that is peculiar to itself grammatically or cannot be understood from the individual meanings of its elements, as in keep tabs on.
2. The specific grammatical, syntactic, and structural character of a given language.
3. Regional speech or dialect.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 AM

Bicycle
Mossie you know you're mexican lol!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
So wait now I am a bit confused- Mexican isnt a race its more of a description of origin, just like being British isn't a race either. Mexican = Latino from Mexico, British = Caucasian from where the history comes from. To further confuse, there are British Latinos that have moved to Mexico whom look Latin but can still call them selves British, mostly just because they have that cool accent that makes everything sound so much smarter than it is...

P.s. American Top Gear = Never gonna be the same...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guys Need help... Trading C55 for 335i 2007