C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

anyone have Yellow DPS Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 AMG GT S (previous MBZ was a C32 AMG)
Exclamation anyone have Yellow DPS Coilovers?

Came across this ad on eBay, and wanted to know if anyone has experience with DPS Coilovers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YELLO...Q5fAccessories

They seem to be a solid coilover kit, 33-level dampening adjustment, and front camber plates built in. The setup has separate height and pre-load adjustments. Spring rates are 6kg front, 14kg rear.

I know for an extra $100 I can get H&R Coilover kit (these do not come with the camber plates up front).

Im not trying to start a discussion about what coilover kit is best...coilover kit A vs. coilover kit B...I know there are a lot of proven coil kits from H&R, KW, PSS, etc. I just want some solid, constructive feedback from anyone that ACTUALLY HAS first hand experience with the Yellow DPS kit on their C32 or any other car...

Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM

found a good review on the Evo forums
http://m.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=534182
Old 03-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 E63
Not to knock on these because I have no hand experience with these coil-overs, but like all other up and coming coil over brands, that all look the same and claim false specs, please be careful with what you put on your suspension. In order to have camber plates on w203, there needs to be some modifications, as the designed of our suspension is different from other brands which has a top hat that bolts on to the chassis. The 33 level adjustment is almost useless as it is just extra clicks between the true adjustments.

Now the most important thing you should be concern about is safety. The front suspension relies on your coil overs hold up your car, if it breaks off, there is no more steering, no more control. Very bad...... be careful. Spend more money and get something that has proven to be safe and good
Old 03-28-2011, 06:46 PM

ttt
Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put them on my Carrera 4 and they are fantastic both for the street and track. My buddy who has a Carrera 2 also bought them and although he does not track his Cab, is very happy with his decision