c55 eurocharged ecu flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Yeah, ask them after the Dyno and they can email you a pic of the graph.
it's a Monday morning? Sorry, doubt I can be there. Don't worry, Vlad's gonna be there doing the flash, right? He'll take care of you.

Just get there early, so you can raise your hood and keep your car cool. then when it's time, put it in dyno mode and hand them the keys. That's all there is to it!

Be sure to test putting it in dyno mode first as many cars seem to be different depending on model year....
that's fine, sounds good. yea vlad knows what he's doing i'm not worried about any of that...but do you think he knows how to put my car in dyno mode? i'll try doing it sunday, but he should know how too. he's big on AMG. how does the dyno work? what's the sequence? thanks for everyones help.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
found a video of the dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRclQywBn68
Old 03-24-2011, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
this thread was made waay too far in advance, I cant stand waiting any longer!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
this thread was made waay too far in advance, I cant stand waiting any longer!!!
right on time to me i feel like i got all the advice i needed because of it. i'm thinking about contacting a mod and deleting some pages that are unimportant so that people can follow it easier. alot of in this thread
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
right on time to me i feel like i got all the advice i needed because of it. i'm thinking about contacting a mod and deleting some pages that are unimportant so that people can follow it easier. alot of in this thread
word. good call
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
i'm thinking about contacting a mod and deleting some pages that are unimportant so that people can follow it easier.
Only if you’ll agree to reinstating a particular C55 vs. 335i thread. :D

Good luck with your tune and dyno.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
that's fine, sounds good. yea vlad knows what he's doing i'm not worried about any of that...but do you think he knows how to put my car in dyno mode? i'll try doing it sunday, but he should know how too. he's big on AMG. how does the dyno work? what's the sequence? thanks for everyones help.
I have a question for those know have done a dyno before or know how the dyno operates.

Is there a way for the guy running the dyno to adjust things so that the result shows a greater improvement in horsepower or torque than is actually present? In other words, are there settings which the operator can manipulate or change which, even without the benefit of tune, would show more favorable results?

I don't know anything about a dyno, but was wondering if the result Michael will get, and we are all waiting anxiously to see, will be as clean or as conclusive as we expect?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by mgiannetto
I have a question for those know have done a dyno before or know how the dyno operates.

Is there a way for the guy running the dyno to adjust things so that the result shows a greater improvement in horsepower or torque than is actually present? In other words, are there settings which the operator can manipulate or change which, even without the benefit of tune, would show more favorable results?

I don't know anything about a dyno, but was wondering if the result Michael will get, and we are all waiting anxiously to see, will be as clean or as conclusive as we expect?
Yes. While clearly not suggesting this tune’s actual results will be manipulated in any way,
dynamometer operators have been known to skew data on occasion.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...tVariables.pdf
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by splinter
Yes. While clearly not suggesting this tune’s actual results will be manipulated in any way,
dynamometer operators have been known to skew data on occasion.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...tVariables.pdf
That's what I was worried about.

Michael, if you have the time, have a look at this white paper and try your best to ensure there is no monkey business going on - for everyone's benefit. The suggestion on getting the hard data (point 37 (4) of the attached) might help.

Waiting anxiously for the results along with the others
Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Michael, if you have the time, have a look at this white paper and try your best to ensure there is no monkey business going on - for everyone's benefit. The suggestion on getting the hard data (point 37 (4) of the attached) might help.

please PM me. i will not talk about that on here. splinter, please please please do me a favor and erase all the BS comments that you feel aren't necessary. it would do wonders. i really want to keep this on track and organized. i apologize for my OCD
Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

how about someone tells me what number i should be at for the base-dyno and if i'm off by more than 5-10 hp then red flag?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 AM

how about someone tells me what number i should be at for the base-dyno and if i'm off by more than 5-10 hp then red flag?
The issues is not how the dyno is configured for the baseline run, but whether anything is changed for the second run. The information under item 37 of the white paper gives you some suggestions as to what to ask for so you can see whether the settings are the same - at least to a degree.

Let me be "very" clear here - I'm not suggesting the place you are going to for the dyno would play games here. I just raised the question about whether that could happen. If we are to accept these results as "conclusive" - which we all want to do- then we need to understand how conclusive they are.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
i got my eurocharged tune last month, My C32 is no longer my daily, a nice 98 4runner 4x4 is (man i beat the hell out of that thing at the mudpit) great car actually, but back to the point. before i got the tune and would switch from my 4runner to my C32 is was like going from a Cessna to a Jet plane. now that i have to tune its like going from a Cessna to a fricken Fighter jet!!!!! i have not gotten dynoed yet though. i didnt have the money to get it dynoed after the tune. (i used all my money on buying the 4runner and tuning the Merc.) but i can assure you results will be there and you will feel them. i couldnt be happier with any other tune (of course i dont know for sure because i havent had them all) but from the ones ive seen eurocharged seems to be the most legit and power yielding. if your dyno reads low before, dont be dissapointed its just a number. all dynoes read differently and on a different day if you know what i mean. take that number and compare it to the after, oh and make sure you go back to that EXACT dyno for your after run like stated above by mgiannetto. Good Luck and i cant wait to see the results!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM

CLK55 AMG
i felt more power as the week went on, like 5 days after the tune was actually preformed it felt faster than when it was done that day? remaping i guess?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
It´s called adaptation!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 AM

CLK55 AMG
ahhh haa! thats what i figuered. oh since were on the topic, could my AFR be off if full throttle pulls a little less than like 3/4 or a little more throttle? for example when i get on it in 2nd gear or higher and put it to the floor it pulls very hard like it should but when i lift like 1/8 or 1/4 throttle it starts to pull a slight bit harder??
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
Adaptation will show in a few days after, that´s why I´m a little
bit sceptical about dyno a car directly after a tune.

Another thing is the gas Michael use, 91 octane (equivallent to
95 RON). In Europe AMG advise their customers to use 98 RON
all the time. Maybe US-spec AMG cars are different in their setups?

Well, time will tell. I´ll have some snacks in the meantime!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Tell you guys right now,i know what to look for when doing the dyno.i will not day that I don't trust them and I can not judge obviously because we've heard nothing about them doing this or eurocharged doing this.if anyone tells me my results are inconclusive after the run, I'll be pissed.so PM now or forever hold your peace.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
damn michael! get the tune already!! lol... its been weeks worth of updates and me checking to see if you finally got it... its stressing me out HAHAHA
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by nladam12
damn michael! get the tune already!! lol... its been weeks worth of updates and me checking to see if you finally got it... its stressing me out HAHAHA
haha what are you stressing out over adam?!! you already have an ecu flash from brabus on your c55 and you said you feel a huge difference. no dyno to prove a gain though :p
Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
LMAO precisely why I am anxious to see the gains... never had proof... and I said in an earlier post that it could be just the throttle response thats different... i sure hope theres a good gain LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
haha what are you stressing out over adam?!! you already have an ecu flash from brabus on your c55 and you said you feel a huge difference. no dyno to prove a gain though :p

Butt dynos dont count!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/u][/i][/b]

Butt dynos dont count!!!
monday newz! 2 days
Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550

In this case, the place he's getting Dyno'd at is a totally independent operation from the company selling the tune. It's just a shop nearby, down the road. the place giving the dyno will get no benefit whatsoever by trying to skew the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: c55 eurocharged ecu flash