c55 eurocharged ecu flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
c55 eurocharged ecu flash

the title says it all. i am officially getting my ecu flashed by a local eurocharged dealer next week. i will be doing some before and after dyno's either at the shop if they have one, or at another location. i decided to do the flash because i will be the guinea pig and do it since they have given me such an amazing deal (i will not say the price for respect for eurocharged, don't worry it's an amazing deal) that i can not resist and i will just give it a shot. i titled this thread correctly for future members to look back on so we need to all chime in appropriately

Last edited by MIKESV8; 03-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55 AMG
Looking forward to seeing your before and after dyno numbers.

Try and do them on the same day if at all possible to lower the variability of factors that could skew the results.

Do you know which version of the 55 file they are loading? They reflashed mine with the same tune that they dyno tuned the straight piped SLK55 in San Fran back in late 09. I sent a message to Jerry a couple months back asking if they had updated the C55 file and he said he hadn't but would be working on it. If they have an updated file Id be really interested.

Last edited by thegreatfnr; 03-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
back from 09' huh? yea my guess is that it is updated, but i really have no idea.

for the dyno, i was actually thinking about doing the before today and the after on the day of the flash. flash is in exactly one week.

Last edited by MIKESV8; 03-09-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
back from 09' huh? yea my guess is that it is updated, but i really have no idea.

for the dyno, i was actually thinking about doing the before today and the after on the day of the flash. flash is in exactly one week.
Mike, do me a favor, try to do back-2-back within minutes of the flash. DO not change the filters, exhaust, tire pressure, the tension on the tie straps: NOTHING.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Mike, do me a favor, try to do back-2-back within minutes of the flash. DO not change the filters, exhaust, tire pressure, the tension on the tie straps: NOTHING.
Believe me I know,i don't want there to be ANY difference in condition at all.time really depends on wether or not the shop that I am taking it to has a dyno.if they don't, then I have to do around a 40 mile drive to somewhere that does.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by thegreatfnr
Looking forward to seeing your before and after dyno numbers.

Try and do them on the same day if at all possible to lower the variability of factors that could skew the results.

Do you know which version of the 55 file they are loading? They reflashed mine with the same tune that they dyno tuned the straight piped SLK55 in San Fran back in late 09. I sent a message to Jerry a couple months back asking if they had updated the C55 file and he said he hadn't but would be working on it. If they have an updated file Id be really interested.

Perhaps, and I am speculating here, the reason they didn't update the file in nearly 2 years is that the C55 tune didn't work??? Just asking??? I recall being at US 41 when 2 C 55s were tuned and no net gain in qtr mile speeds and ETs. ONE guy was from Indy. In fact, as he was leaving, he asked to go back to stock on the program.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
[/u][/i][/b] Perhaps, and I am speculating here, the reason they didn't update the file in nearly 2 years is that the C55 tune didn't work??? Just asking??? I recall being at US 41 when 2 C 55s were tuned and no net gain in qtr mile speeds and ETs. ONE guy was from Indy. In fact, as he was leaving, he asked to go back to stock on the program.
perhaps....we'll see
Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
You going to ASP?? Vlad's a really cool guy...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
You going to ASP?? Vlad's a really cool guy...
yes i am. he's very knowledgeable and patient, cool dude! there's a member on here from SF with an integra and C55 who wanted to meet me there i think, well if he's looking at this thread, yea i'm going wednesday.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
Yeah, you should hear his E55.....Monstrous!!

And you can get your car Dyno'd at Ditos Motors, which is not too far from there. That's where we had the Dyno tune day when Jerry was in town.
Nice guys there too.

Last edited by Gramma_Benz; 03-09-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Yeah, you should hear his E55.....Monstrous!!

And you can get your car Dyno'd at Ditos Motors, which is not too far from there. That's where we had the Dyno tune day when Jerry was in town.
Nice guys there too.
so asp does not have a dyno? yea maybe i can do that. i'll see what ditos can do. i'll ask vlad when he pm's me back.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32, 2012 S550
They don't AFAIK, and I think Vlad gets his car dyno'd there cause of that.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
the title says it all. i am officially getting my ecu flashed by a local eurocharged dealer next week. i will be doing some before and after dyno's either at the shop if they have one, or at another location. i decided to do the flash because i will be the guinea pig and do it since they have given me such an amazing deal (i will not say the price for respect for eurocharged, don't worry it's an amazing deal) that i can not resist and i will just give it a shot. i titled this thread correctly for future members to look back on so we need to all chime in appropriately
Good man! This will definitely aid us in determining whether or not this is worth it or not. And yes - "try to do back-2-back within minutes of the flash. DO not change the filters, exhaust, tire pressure, the tension on the tie straps" oh, and I'll add fuel tank level to this list. I realize that "within minutes of the flash" may not be possible but you get the picture. Thank you for taking the time to plan and do all this Michael!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[/U][/I][/B] Perhaps, and I am speculating here, the reason they didn't update the file in nearly 2 years is that the C55 tune didn't work??? Just asking??? I recall being at US 41 when 2 C 55s were tuned and no net gain in qtr mile speeds and ETs. ONE guy was from Indy. In fact, as he was leaving, he asked to go back to stock on the program.
A scary thought. Perhaps we should get Eurocharged to chime in here..
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
If VLAD is doing the flash, then there is no reason to do the before dyno on a different day. VLAD @ ASP is an authorized dealer and can flash the car while it is sitting on the dyno.

He hasn't mentioned it to me yet, but I'm sure he will since I'll be making the file.

Oh, and the software has changed since then.

Thanks,
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
[/U][/I][/B] Perhaps, and I am speculating here, the reason they didn't update the file in nearly 2 years is that the C55 tune didn't work??? Just asking??? I recall being at US 41 when 2 C 55s were tuned and no net gain in qtr mile speeds and ETs. ONE guy was from Indy. In fact, as he was leaving, he asked to go back to stock on the program.
Actually, you are wrong. One picked up 1.5mph in the 1/4 but didn't understand that it was a good gain. The other was a Kleemann supercharged C55 and our tune had no change on his ET or MPH.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
If VLAD is doing the flash, then there is no reason to do the before dyno on a different day. VLAD @ ASP is an authorized dealer and can flash the car while it is sitting on the dyno.

He hasn't mentioned it to me yet, but I'm sure he will since I'll be making the file.

Oh, and the software has changed since then.

Thanks,
jerry thank you for chiming in and for re-writing the software, i am looking forward to it all the more, but say that highlighted part again, vlad can flash the car while it's at another location on the dyno? i appreciate everything you guys are doing for me. the service in no way reflects the price.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Vlad and I tune guys at the the dyno shop down the street from his shop all the time. He can easily flash you right there on the spot.....5 minutes after doing your baseline runs.

jerry thank you for chiming in and for re-writing the software, i am looking forward to it all the more, but say that highlighted part again, vlad can flash the car while it's at another location on the dyno? i appreciate everything you guys are doing for me. the service in no way reflects the price.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by wawy
Good man! This will definitely aid us in determining whether or not this is worth it or not. And yes - "try to do back-2-back within minutes of the flash. DO not change the filters, exhaust, tire pressure, the tension on the tie straps" oh, and I'll add fuel tank level to this list. I realize that "within minutes of the flash" may not be possible but you get the picture. Thank you for taking the time to plan and do all this Michael!
hey it's no problem man i see an amazing opportunity to extinguish my curiosities and i'm taking it now if only i had a renntech CF airbox to go along with it.....
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Vlad and I tune guys at the the dyno shop down the street from his shop all the time. He can easily flash you right there on the spot.....5 minutes after doing your baseline runs.
perfect. i'll tell vlad to do the whole process at ditos then when he PM's me back. vlad asked me if i wanted to take off the top speed limiter as well jerry....yes i do go ahead and put it in the file. i wonder what it costs to run my car on the dyno...
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
oh and should i have ran the 1/4 mile first too or is that not really relevant? i've never ran my car on the track before...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
oh and should i have ran the 1/4 mile first too or is that not really relevant? i've never ran my car on the track before...
It's up to you!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
It's up to you!
well wednesday night drags are tonight...hmmm. anyways, thanks for your help jerry. i'm very optimistic about this.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Running a 1/4 is like rolling dice at times. Launch, 60ft, temperature, so many variables.. The first time I went out all I did was spin out and burn rubber. There is definitely a skill. Until you practice and become consistent I wouldn't put too much stake in it to gauge anything...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
They don't AFAIK, and I think Vlad gets his car dyno'd there cause of that.
do you remember how much more it costs to run on the dyno at dito for the group buy in january by any chance?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: c55 eurocharged ecu flash