C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What should it sound like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C32 AMG
What should it sound like?

There is a thread here that talks about someones IC pump going bad. He states he can't hear it turn on. Which made me wonder, what DOES the IC pump sound like? How do you know when it's on?

Other people also mentioned they can hear their SC turn on and off. I hear a whine usually when I accelerate (very quite) which I assume is my super charger. I honestly don't notice it turn "on and off". any particular sound it makes?

I hate to sound ignorant I'm just curious.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:19 AM

ML
You will hear the pump near the front passenger side wheel. The pump is located behind the fog light. From what others say it turns on after 2000rpm and stays on until 5-10 seconds after you turn off your car. The sound is nothing specail, just a little noise coming from the car. Just sounds like something running i guess. Others can confirm this as i haven't had much experience with it, as you know lol.

If your car is stock, i don't believe you can hear it cutting on and off, and the supercharger will just be a very faint whine when accelerating. If you are stock of course.

modified C32's will hear it engage and disengage and the whine will be VERY noticable.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 AM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Interesting, I forget how many cars on the forum are modified. When I turn off my car, it just turns off lol I don't hear anything at all. Then again, I suppose I've never really tried to listen for anything. Tomorrow I'm going to roll down the passenger window in the garage and see if I hear anything when the car is first turned off.

I will say though, when I first start driving the car in the morning it's very quite, after driving around town or on the freeway for a while the car is much louder at idle.