Stuck half-way through removing C32 accelerator pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Question Stuck half-way through removing C32 accelerator pedal

Hey Folks,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction - following the other threads on here I've done the following..

Using a screwdriver popped the plastic plug off the 10mm nut and then used a socket wrench to undone it.

Using needle-nose pliers pulled out the pin from the top of the pedal.

So then the pedal can rest forward on the cabin floor - but I'm stuck - I can wiggle the assembly - but can't see how to take it off. If I try to lift the unit - it doesn't move up enough to clear the 10mm screw that the nut goes on. Seems like there's something at the very top of the assembly - holding it kinda in place - as I said I can wiggle it - but don't want to force it.

What have I missed?

Cheers
Ed
Old 03-06-2011, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
This could be a long shot, but any chance the pedal assembly has a bolt through the floor pan and the nut is removed from underneath the car?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Assuming it's the same in the AMG as in my non-AMG W203, you should be able to "push" the pedal forward while pulling it up and clear the bolt.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Check out a thread I made a while ago. I'm not sure what you forgot, but maybe looking at some of the pics I posted will help. https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ts-pedals.html
Old 03-06-2011, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
I think I figured out the problem: [IMG]Unscrew the 10mm bolt with a ratchet and the whole assembly will move down attached to the pedal. What you will need to do is get under the assembly to pry off an oval plastic cap that holds the pedal on to the assembly. The assembly will just slide out and then you just install in reverse. Unfortunately I failed to get a pic of this portion, but it's pretty straight forward.[/IMG]
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 PM

ML350
@loudandheard thanks - It was only by following your earlier post that I was able to get this far *grin*

I'm trying to get the whole assemblage out - not just take the pedal off. Trying to fit a sprintbooster myself.

Is there any other part I need to loosen/nut I need to un-do to remove the assemblage?

Is it just the 10mm nut and the accelerator pedal? or this another part?

Thanks
Ed
Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 PM

C32 AMG, E55 AMG (w211)
I just replaced my pedal assembly and it seems to me that you aren't pulling hard enough, mine was extremely easy to remove, kinda of a pain to put the new one in. If I remember correctly (I just did this a week or two ago) you need to push the pedal up just a tad then lift over the screw, then you can pull it out. The only thing attached to it is the electric plug on the top, but it has a little bit of extra wiring to give you space to work with.

Last edited by DerHammer; 03-07-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by DerHammer
I just replaced my pedal assembly and it seems to me that you aren't pulling hard enough, mine was extremely easy to remove, kinda of a pain to put the new one in. If I remember correctly (I just did this a week or two ago) you need to push the pedal up just a tad then lift over the screw, then you can pull it out. The only thing attached to it is the electric plug on the top, but it has a little bit of extra wiring to give you space to work with.
Yes like hammer said, you should just be able to lift it up and wiggle it out. I don't think there was anything else holding it in. The accelerator assembly just seemed to be wedged in there.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:33 AM

ML350
Folks,

Thought I'd finish this off, installed the sprint booster or is it sprintbooster today.

The problem I'd had was that under the 10mm nut, which I'd removed, was a washer, that was holding th bolt in the centre of the hole, giving me no wiggle room, once id also removed the washer the whole accelerator assemblage came out.

I only learnt that after I'd removed the noise-canceling foam/plastic under the bottom of the console to get a better look at the top of the assembly, which was totally unnecessary. There is no 3rd step, it.s 1.) remove pin, to allow pedal to drop forward 2.) remove cap, then unscrew 10mm bolt and washer. That's it.

I drive an Australian c32 so was also worried that the sprint booster wouldn't fit, there's another post about that problem, well thankfully not an issue, series 2 with the led button fitted and works fine.

Ed