C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My C32's faux quad exhaust w/ pics

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG selling
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
Might as well tell everyone with a CL type grill to buy a CL. Afterall, obviously money is no object for you. Would you flame me if I got 18" C55 rims as well and tell me to buy a C55?

It's symmetrical, that's all I care about. I liked the diffuser, and the diffuser looked stupid with a single sided exhaust, that's my main reason for getting the quad. I could care less whether or not a C55 had one or people thought it looked like a C55, not what I'm trying to accomplish.

Chris has a good point. What you're basically saying is that if you wanted quad exhaust, you'd buy a C55 instead. That's the dumbest comment I've ever read in my life. Are those really the only differences between the 2 cars? It's fine if you're not into "customizing", but I don't like the fact that the C32 looks so understated. My car, my decision. If you like cars that all look the same, that's up to you.

Not apparently mate. That's exactly what I said. Now you're bringing up CL, RIMS and how much money I earn?? WTF. Are YOU retarded. If I had bought a C55 instead of the C32, I'd still be saying the same thing.

You put your faux pics up for comment, for bragging rights or wateva, even inviting RICE comments...and yet your quad tips weren't even aligned correctly!! If you "did it for symmetry" then you failed. HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR OWN PICTURE.

That's why you drew criticism in the first place.

You stated EXACTLY that "IMO all AMG's are defined by the quad exhaust look". That's the dumbest sh*t I've ever read. You bought a diffuser, and you knew it would look odd without the second set of tips. That's why someone supplied them to you. Gee, I wonder who sold you the tips? It's apparent who did. He's your main supporter in this thread.

Good for you. You love your tips. End of story.

Last edited by positronicC32; 07-02-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:28 AM

2002 C32 AMG selling
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/u][/i][/b]

NO, unless its Race inspired??? Technically it cuts down on the CD, so yes, it means it is race inspired, unless of course you turn the 3 pointed star sideways parallel to the road and perpendicular to the windshield to "cut" the air and then that's race inspired as well, giving you better aerodynamics. ala thiseven the box comes in faux Carbon Fiber which makes it lighter and stronger):
That was a joke about the flat badge. That was all. But your pictures are very funny.

Last edited by positronicC32; 07-02-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Let it go man, you're just being an @sshole at this point.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by positronicC32
Not apparently mate. That's exactly what I said. Now you're bringing up CL, RIMS and how much money I earn?? WTF. Are YOU retarded. If I had bought a C55 instead of the C32, I'd still be saying the same thing.

You put your faux pics up for comment, for bragging rights or wateva, even inviting RICE comments...and yet your quad tips weren't even aligned correctly!! If you "did it for symmetry" then you failed. HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR OWN PICTURE.

That's why you drew criticism in the first place.

You stated EXACTLY that "IMO all AMG's are defined by the quad exhaust look". That's the dumbest sh*t I've ever read. You bought a diffuser, and you knew it would look odd without the second set of tips. That's why someone supplied them to you. Gee, I wonder who sold you the tips? It's apparent who did. He's your main supporter in this thread.

Good for you. You love your tips. End of story.
regardless of what you think of the exhaust tips, your comments make no sense and you are acting like an a$$. Discussion is over mate.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM

C32 AMG
hey autotechnica,

I think what you did is actually the smarter decision, I would not go and spend an outrageous amount of money for 1 or 2 hp gains! I don't think it's smart, but moreover, i can't afford that :P This is something I'm def. gonna do.

How much did you pay for this btw? Just out of curiosity...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM

02 Mercedes C32
great thread guys. keep it up. making us benz enthusiasts look like the losers from jdmrides.

hey autotechnica...great mod, quads and cf diffuser look great.

hey everybody else...join jdmrides. that's a forum full of debate over which modifications impact performance of your 60whp honda civics. youd all fit right in. and the posts get real dumb real fast, kind of like this thread! JDMR also has a really good buy/sell section where people openly and assertively argue over what is worth what, with lots of ethnic slurs in between, until somebody finally offers you $500, his ezekiel jacket signed by "baby boy da prince", and a nintendo wii with 8 games for your JR supercharged time attack S2000.

If you have something helpful to say, post. If not, stfu and go jerk it to your own c32. or better yet, join a pointless argument forum.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 AM

2002 C32 AMG selling
Wink

Originally Posted by ISFU
great thread guys. keep it up. making us benz enthusiasts look like the losers from jdmrides.

hey everybody else...join jdmrides. that's a forum full of debate over which modifications impact performance of your 60whp honda civics. youd all fit right in. and the posts get real dumb real fast, kind of like this thread! JDMR also has a really good buy/sell section where people openly and assertively argue over what is worth what, with lots of ethnic slurs in between, until somebody finally offers you $500, his ezekiel jacket signed by "baby boy da prince", and a nintendo wii with 8 games for your JR supercharged time attack S2000.

If you have something helpful to say, post. If not, stfu and go jerk it to your own c32. or better yet, join a pointless argument forum.
Ah but it wouldn't be a Forum if you could only say helpful things. That'd be just be a d*ck pulling festival surely. But thanks for your comical appraisal. Made me smile. My actual involvement in this thread ended a year ago - it was one of the more memorable ones. But thanks for your efforts to revive it champ. Aside from paying off the house earlier this year, I bought an S65, so no longer need to flamebait (or critique) those who wanna go the faux Quad Tips. I still maintain that "if you can't afford a C55, then it's a good option to enhance the look of your C32 by adding faux quad tips". Seriously, ROTFLMAO!! It's just soooooo important in the Grand Scheme of Things. But I must not finish without saying that IMHO, the 'everyone else' you allude to are entitled to their opinions. I didn't necessarily agree with them all, but that's ok. It's still a democracy. In fact, it's a Forum.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Talking

How can it "look" rice when it just looks like a C55 stock? You wouldn't even know it wasn't connected if I didn't tell you. It's welded properly. Why be stupid and make assumptions? It also IS mounted correctly and doesn't bounce around, it moves less than the stock muffler. It's not like I mounted it with a coat hanger or some wire. The inner tip is not supposed to be mounted further out. Both tips are flush. They're just mounted at an angle so it looks like the inner tip is further in. You're probably referring to the CLS55 or something. The newer gen AMG mercs have the tips mounted the way you describe. Did you forget that the C55 has the quad exhaust tips? If you look under a C32, it actually comes off the headers as a dual exhaust then goes into 1 resonator. Funny how if I uselessly connected it to the primary pipe nobody would call what I did rice, even though that would serve no useful purpose whatsoever other than bragging rights. Anyone ever see the exhaust on an ISF?

If the angle of the primary tips look off it's because I couldn't get my buffer on the inner tips to polish them properly. They're still covered in a lot of carbon baked on over the years. When I said it was rice, I was referring to the fact that the tips were not connected. Not that a quad exhaust on a C32 is Rice which seems to be what you're implying since you said it "looks" rice. That's interesting considering you have a quad on a Clk320? Aren't you being really hypocritical?

*added some more pics..
Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by ISFU

IP check!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Yes, I have no life and I created another account just to reply to a thread a year old.

Sorry, not into childish games. I'm on this forum as a C32 enthusiasts. I have no idea why you're here. After more than 4000 posts you still don't know how to remove your air filter, lol.

later hater,

Bry
Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM

to the hoop!
After more than 4000 posts you still don't know how to remove your air filter, lol.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, I have no life and I created another account just to reply to a thread a year old.

Sorry, not into childish games. I'm on this forum as a C32 enthusiasts. I have no idea why you're here. After more than 4000 posts you still don't know how to remove your air filter, lol.

later hater,

Bry
haha! Lurky McTearyeyes keeping tabs on me. You're cute. Difference between me and you? You = mad on the internet. Me = honest and lol'ing at you.

You got worked son. Move along.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by pointman
haha! Lurky McTearyeyes keeping tabs on me. You're cute. Difference between me and you? You = mad on the internet. Me = honest and lol'ing at you.

You got worked son. Move along.
Don't flatter yourself. I don't really care what you do with your time. I just happen to read another one of your useless posts in someone else's thread.

Honest or not, aside from starting sh*t, you're still pretty useless. Let me know if you need help identifying the difference between a phillips and slotted screw driver.

cheers

Last edited by Autotechnica; 06-17-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't flatter yourself. I don't really care what you do with your time. I just happen to read another one of your useless posts in someone else's thread.

Honest or not, aside from starting sh*t, you're still pretty useless. Let me know if you need help identifying the difference between a phillips and slotted screw driver.

cheers
Butt hurt is gonna act butt hurt. You tipped your hand son.

I don't start anything. The rest of the board seems to be able to understand how the internet works. Sensitive people shouldn't play on it though.

I'll let you know if I decide that my search for a good exhaust guy is a fail, and I want to just super glue some tips onto my bumper. Otherwise, looks like we are both pretty useless.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM

E55 AMG, Hummer H2
Why don't you two lover boys just get a room and get it over with?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by CFiftyFive
Why don't you two lover boys just get a room and get it over with?
Why get a room? With over 6,000 views, seems like lots of people here would like to watch.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Originally Posted by Lenin
Why get a room? With over 6,000 views, seems like lots of people here would like to watch.
^ but then again.....
Old 08-11-2018, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 Mercedes c320 3.2L
Okay guys today I was at the wrecking yard and came across a s55 amg with its full quad exhaust still intact. They want FORTY bucks for the full system! I'm picking it up tomorrow to either sale or......put it on my c320? Lol my question is, is it possible to put it on the c320? Obviously I'll need to modify the spare tire well, I don't use it because it didn't have a spare when I bought it...but is it possible to basically "plug and play" ? The have a similar body style except for the front end. Also can I mount the side skirts as well as the rear bumper? Thank you so much for your advice in advance!!