C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My C32's faux quad exhaust w/ pics

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Uhhhh....
no pun intended....I just thought that if what he did was "rice" to you it would pretty much be the same as what you did to your ride as well. you seemed to put some effort to show that his faux quads wasn't convincing enough by bombarding the op with all those pics.
@autotech....looks good and thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by W203Ramos
no pun intended....I just thought that if what he did was "rice" to you it would pretty much be the same as what you did to your ride as well. you seemed to put some effort to show that his faux quads wasn't convincing enough by bombarding the op with all those pics.
thanks...

I think I'm going to leave this thread alone. It can only get worse.

The intended purpose of this thread was and still is pictures. Just look at them, like or dislike... It's a good cheap cosmetic option for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money on an exhaust with no useful purpose just to acheive this look. If you don't like it, no problem. Waste the money on tapping the primary pipes which if you guys didn't realize is a "ricer" modification as well. I'm not hating on anyone who has done this. I just think there are better ways to spend your money when you can acheive the same look for peanuts. I cheap out on things like this. I rarely spend more than $100 on cosmetic mods, I have no problem shelling out $2000+ on a nice set of coilovers.

From now on I'll simply post pictures only when I have some "performance" mods to share, like my soon to be installed Quaife LSD.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-11-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by W203Ramos

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't understand how you can compare any of my mods to a couple of exhaust tips that aren't connected to anything. Why not save up a bit and do it correctly?

Originally Posted by Autotechnica
thanks...

I think I'm going to leave this thread alone. It can only get worse.

The intended purpose of this thread was and still is pictures. Just look at them, like or dislike... It's a good cheap cosmetic option for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money on an exhaust with no useful purpose just to acheive this look. If you don't like it, no problem. Waste the money on tapping the primary pipes which if you guys didn't realize is a "ricer" modification as well. I'm not hating on anyone who has done this. I just think there are better ways to spend your money when you can acheive the same look for peanuts. I cheap out on things like this. I rarely spend more than $100 on cosmetic mods, I have no problem shelling out $2000+ on a nice set of coilovers.

From now on I'll simply post pictures only when I have some "performance" mods to share, like my soon to be installed Quaife LSD.

To each their own. Can you really expect to get any quality cosmetic mods for less than $100 for an MB? If you're going to fake the funk, at least do it correctly. Your AMG deserves better.

Last edited by dynomite05; 04-11-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 AM

2002 C32 AMG
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't understand how you can compare any of my mods to a couple of exhaust tips that aren't connected to anything. Why not save up a bit and do it correctly?

To each their own. Can you really expect to get any quality cosmetic mods for less than $100 for an MB? If you're going to fake the funk, at least do it correctly. Your AMG deserves better.
all your spoilers, debadged trunk, black wheels are all ricer mods since they serve no useful purpose other than cosmetics. The fact that you are trying to mimic the "look" of a CLK55 by debadging and fooling people is even worse.

Do you guys not realize that tapping the primaries is also a "fake" dual exhaust. You're basically just welding the tips to the primary exhaust. That's just as "fake" as what i've done, yet I've done it for a huge fraction of the cost.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-11-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Do any of you even know what the hell RICE means? It stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. So with that being said, anything you put on your car that doesn't directly increase the performance of your car is....wait for it....RICE. CF Diffuser - Rice, CF Front Lip - Rice, CF Rear Spoilers - Rice, Euro Impact Strips - Rice, S Class or Tinted Tails - Rice...the list goes on forever since not one of those things actually affects the performance of the car, sorry to hurt your feelings if you were under the impression that your CF bits actually held any purpose other than being a "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement". Get a grip guys, it's a cheap mod for a cheap car. That's right, your C32, C55 or whatever 5-8 year old AMG is sitting in your driveway ain't the talk of the block anymore.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Thanks for clearing that up. I totally did this because I got confused and saw all these C32's with quads that I thought were stock.

What's up with all the retarded comments? Like I said, none of you can tell that it's not hooked up. I posted pictures so you could see the quad look on a C32. I don't really care what your opinions are on whether or not the second set of tips are hooked up.
You seem to like contradicting yourself. You posted pictures so that people can express their opinions. If you didn't want opinions, don't post pictures on a public bulletin board.

I honestly don't care much for cosmestic modications.
Are you for real? This FAKE exhaust setup is somehow not cosmetic?? Dude, get a grip. Doing anything to your car that is FAKE is rice. I don't care what the technical definition of rice is, but faking a more expensive look is downright cheesy and unbecoming of a Mercedes owner. I think this is the same as buying a $15 rolex in NYC and telling your friends about it.

And your point about aftermarket wheels is just dumb. Wheels serve a function - they rotate as the car moves along and if they fall off, the car will stop moving. Can't say your fake tips serve a purpose.

Take it easy.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 04-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 AM

2002 C32 AMG
That's right, I posted pictures for people to see. I didn't start the thread by saying "what do you guys think of a faux exhaust tip? " The purpose of this thread was to see the work done, and it looks pretty damn convincing. Like I said, had I not told any of you, you wouldn't know they weren't connected. End of story. Everyone seems more concerned about the fact that they aren't hooked up when in fact all I care about is how you guys think it looks. Comment that got to me was "it looks rice". At an y rate, there's really nothing left to discuss. I'm one of the small percentage of people on this board that actually race their cars and modify it properly. There's a good reason why my car has the C55 suspension and not lowering springs on stock dampers. lowering the car meant less to me than getting proper dampening.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I don't think it's rice as people define it. But i do think that if you're going to do an enhancement like this, you should do it as close to "stock look" as possible. I really can't tell how it looks from those pictures, but from what i can see, it doesn't look bad.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Do any of you even know what the hell RICE means? It stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. So with that being said, anything you put on your car that doesn't directly increase the performance of your car is....wait for it....RICE. CF Diffuser - Rice, CF Front Lip - Rice, CF Rear Spoilers - Rice, Euro Impact Strips - Rice, S Class or Tinted Tails - Rice...the list goes on forever since not one of those things actually affects the performance of the car, sorry to hurt your feelings if you were under the impression that your CF bits actually held any purpose other than being a "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement". Get a grip guys, it's a cheap mod for a cheap car. That's right, your C32, C55 or whatever 5-8 year old AMG is sitting in your driveway ain't the talk of the block anymore.
So by that definition, all BS AMG's (eg- SL65) that come from factory with CF front lip, diffuser & deck lid are rice?

Last edited by MiamiAMG; 04-11-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
I didn't contradict myself, but you sure did in your posts.

And let's be clear, ANY time anyone posts pictures on the internet, it's not just for information, it's for criticism. If you didn't care for it, then you should've kept the pictures to yourself.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
That's right, I posted pictures for people to see. I didn't start the thread by saying "what do you guys think of a faux exhaust tip? " The purpose of this thread was to see the work done, and it looks pretty damn convincing. Like I said, had I not told any of you, you wouldn't know they weren't connected. End of story. Everyone seems more concerned about the fact that they aren't hooked up when in fact all I care about is how you guys think it looks. Comment that got to me was "it looks rice". At an y rate, there's really nothing left to discuss. I'm one of the small percentage of people on this board that actually race their cars and modify it properly. There's a good reason why my car has the C55 suspension and not lowering springs on stock dampers. lowering the car meant less to me than getting proper dampening.
Stop being a cry baby. You made a change to your car. It made financial sense to you. Great.
Dynomite05 was not concerned about how it was hooked up. He just didn't like the way it looked. Here is what he said:
It looks rice, sorry. It probably shakes also when driving. Are you going for the OEM AMG look, cuz if you are the tips are installed incorrectly. The inside one should be sticking out more.
I guess it's just me, but that doesn't look like a C55. Judging from you pic below it looks like the tips are staggered with the outside tip sticky out a bit more. All the AMG tips that come from factory have the inner tip a little further out than the outer one. It's not the angle, it's actually a bit longer. If you like them, that's all that matters.
So, no need to jump on people just because they don't agree with you. He even said "sorry" and "If you like them, that's all that matters". Be cool, especially since you racer, not a ricer.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:17 AM

a car.
Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
So by that definition, all BS AMG's (eg- SL65) that come from factory with CF front lip, diffuser & deck lid are rice?

Those pieces are functional, yours and mine are simply "inspired" by the ones from "race" cars and applied for "cosmetic enhancement".
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
@ Autotechnica: Just let it be. You are happy with how your exhaust looks now, right? That should be all that matters to you, not the opinions of faceless members of an online forum. By so vehemently defending your decision to install cosmetic exhaust tips you are only riling up the crowd and yourself. Why not just say, "Yeah the exhaust tips are fake, so what? I like how it looks."

Not trying to preach (even though I am) but just sayin'...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:55 AM

2002 C32 AMG
So had the tips been connected you guys would be fine with the way it looks? That makes no sense. The tips are symmetrical to the primary OEM stock ones. What's wrong with them visually? Nobody has been able to tell me except one guy saying they were staggered when I showed him that on a C32 they are not. I posted pictures of the tips correct? Funny how someone tapped the primarys on his C32, posted pics and got really good reviews. I even think his piping was crooked, which mine are not. Somehow I'm getting negative reviews about how it looks. I should have started off the thread without mentioning it was faux.. Pretty sure nobody would have said anything negative about the looks.. Odd how that works out.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Those pieces are functional, yours and mine are simply "inspired" by the ones from "race" cars and applied for "cosmetic enhancement".
How exactly is a CF Front lip, diffuser or trunk deck lid from factory more functional than an aftermarket one?

Assuming the quality is the same, (eg-RENNtech, CEC, Brabus, etc..) they serve their purpose in the same way as an OEM part.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM

2002 C32 AMG
How exactly is a CF Front lip, diffuser or trunk deck lid from factory more functional than an aftermarket one?

Assuming the quality is the same, (eg-RENNtech, CEC, Brabus, etc..) they serve their purpose in the same way as an OEM part.
Questionable. This is a different topic altogether. Usually if products have gone through proper wind tunnel testing for aerodynamics and downforce, I'm sure the company would proudly advertise that fact. Mercedes seem to make most things purpose built. I could see more non-functional body pieces on Japanese imports. BTW I've read that the small lip on the C55 reduces drag by 20% in the rear. Had kleeman, brabus etc done the testing as weel, I'm sure it would be noted.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
This thread is going nowhere fast. If you would have just posted a pic of the tips and not mentioned "faux" in the title, I would have still said they look off. Even looking at them on the new pics you posted, they look off. I'm sorry, but that's my opinion. They don't even look flush like you say the C32 tips are. Again, all that matters is that you're happy with them.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM

a car.

None of the diffusers you're buying on this forum are doing anything for your car. If you have a true diffuser setup with panels under the car to reduce drag and increase downforce it's another story, though I don't know of any currently being made. Here's how it should be to have any effect.

Same goes for the front lip spoilers everyone has now. I've not seen any testing or claims that these things actually increase downforce and deflect air, just cosmetic appeal.

I admit the rear deck spoilers may have some effect in creating downforce, however, what speed is needed to achieve the affect and is it great enough to matter?

Last edited by chris.bachman; 04-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 PM

2002 C32 AMG
They're all useless unless you cover the entire underbody of the car. Covering up certain parts only creates pits and actually leads to more drag. You're better off keeping things stock. Diffusers are either purely cosmestic and do nothing or they will even hurt aerodynamics. ferrari's have funtional diffusers, the underbody is completely flat, no pits.

dynomite05, you didn't really explain what was off, so I'm just going to assume that you'll never have anything positive to say about it. Lets just leave it at that. I already provided a picture of the stock C32 exhaust which shows the tips were flush and not staggered as you had originally said they were.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
They're all useless unless you cover the entire underbody of the car. Covering up certain parts only creates pits and actually leads to more drag. You're better off keeping things stock. Diffusers are either purely cosmestic and do nothing or they will even hurt aerodynamics. ferrari's have funtional diffusers, the underbody is completely flat, no pits.

dynomite05, you didn't really explain what was off, so I'm just going to assume that you'll never have anything positive to say about it. Lets just leave it at that. I already provided a picture of the stock C32 exhaust which shows the tips were flush and not staggered as you had originally said they were.

Read my posts again, I have said it several times. Not point in beating a dead horse. Congrats on your new tips, they look great!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM

C32, 911 SC
Some of you may call it "rice". I honsetly did it for symmetry.
Since you expected some people to call it "rice," why did you get upset about it?

I personally really liked how it looks though. It's just the fact that when it gets cold outside and the tips won't be blowing any smoke would bug the hell out of me.

But then the other guy's quads that cuts into the primaries before the muffler would bug me too. I can only imagine how loud it would get or the fact that it sounds like the exhaust is leaking.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63
It looks fine. Anyone stating a negative opinion should keep their opinions to themselves. I think there are too many low self esteem punk *** kids on this forum who think they are better than everyone else because they have an AMG. Many people like to make their car look better.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
good for you?

I understand nothing of what you're saying. Why does it matter when I got my C32?
You don't understand a simple question of when did you get your c32? No one asked why it mattered. You got bigger issues than anyone knew.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
all ricer mods since they serve no useful purpose other than cosmetics.
So, your mod.. ricer?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 PM

2002 C32 AMG
One final pic. Probably a combo of my dirty tips and my highly polished tips make the angle look off. Probably doesn't help that I'm using a camera phone from a blackberry either. I hate when things don't line up, so if I was getting upset, it was because my fabricator does amazing work. He spent a lot of time to make sure it looked right.

Also, the maturity level is really lacking in this forum. There's a good few people here that are very knowledgeable and can discuss things in a mature way. I thank those people and hope to converse with you more in the future. This is a great forum for the most part.

Anyways, looks pretty damn symmetrical to me...

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My C32's faux quad exhaust w/ pics