Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
im out for 4th of june. Will be prepping the car for timmayfest on June 10/11

We have a private track already rented if anyone wants to join us there as well!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
^^^ please pm me details!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by loungn14
im out for 4th of june. Will be prepping the car for timmayfest on June 10/11

We have a private track already rented if anyone wants to join us there as well!

Please post info here...I do recall you sent an invite they Facebook but alert system thru Cel when I viewed it sucked and I no longer have the info
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
June 4th at Byron?
I've never been to Autobahn I don't wish to sound selfish but knowing how Byron gets pretty full can we try this place instead? I may have early afternoon obligations but will find out if not I would be in.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
SPONSOR

HEY CHICAGO PEEPS!

Join us for TIMMAYFEST!!!! 2011

WHAT: Timmayfest is a Nation Wide BMW/Mercedes Benz/Exotic car meet. Why? So we can all get together, hang out, finally meet some of the faces behind the screen names, and have a great time, with great friends, driving some GREAT cars. I met some of you guys last year and it felt like we had been friends for years. We also are taking up a collection/donations to raise money for The Make-A-Wish foundation. It is a great organization that raises money to make the wishes of terminally ill children come true.

When:
June 10/11, 2011

Where:
Quaker Steak and Lube
8500 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240

Here is the Schedule as of now..... (1-19-2010)

Friday June 10th - 3:00pm-10:30pm We have a private track day rental at Marion raceway. Track fees are going to be approximately $50 per car. This is limited to mercedes/bmw/exotics. Eurocharged will be performing tuning at the track, and Timmayfest is working to get a DJ there as well. The track has concessions etc.

Remember to bring an approved helmet, and make sure the car is properly prepped.

Saturday June 11th - 10am-4pm - Timmayfest 2011 at Quaker Steak and Lube. We are meeting at the same venue as last year. It is a very convenient location with plenty of hotels, restaurants, and the Polaris Mall right across the street. We will again have a DJ spinning some tunes and have a raffle drawing at 3pm to raffle off items donated by our sponsors.

Saturday June 11th - 7pm - We will have a post meet dinner as a group. (location TBD) Following dinner we will head back to Quaker Steak and Lube for an after hours party. There will be a DJ on the patio for us to enjoy. The hotels are within walking distance for everyone's safety.

Sunday June 12th - 9am - We will be meeting for breakfast (location TBD) before we wish our out of town friends a safe trip home. We will more than likely head back over to the Quaker Steak and Lube parking lot to take some photos following breakfast.

We are expecting over 200 cars this year, and should have some of the fastest mb and bmw cars on the track friday!

There is no cost for the event. If you want to run at the track its $50. Hotels are booking quick!

We have a caravan leaving on friday morning the 10th at 7:00am All are welcome to join us!

Oh did I mention the eurocharged girls are coming...

Old 05-26-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
The event above sounds interesting!! 800 + mile trip though.. hmm

Let's try to meet in Autobahn then.. Price would be very high for sure though.. $200+ ..

I kno there is a track day at autobahn in August.. Not so sure in June / July
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
I need to find some gearhead buddies to come with
Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
SPONSOR

The event above sounds interesting!! 800 + mile trip though.. hmm

Let's try to meet in Autobahn then.. Price would be very high for sure though.. $200+ ..

I kno there is a track day at autobahn in August.. Not so sure in June / July
there are people driving from new york/florida/cali/ and even canada!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by loungn14
HEY CHICAGO PEEPS!

Join us for TIMMAYFEST!!!! 2011

WHAT: Timmayfest is a Nation Wide BMW/Mercedes Benz/Exotic car meet. Why? So we can all get together, hang out, finally meet some of the faces behind the screen names, and have a great time, with great friends, driving some GREAT cars. I met some of you guys last year and it felt like we had been friends for years. We also are taking up a collection/donations to raise money for The Make-A-Wish foundation. It is a great organization that raises money to make the wishes of terminally ill children come true.

When:
June 10/11, 2011

Where:
Quaker Steak and Lube
8500 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240

Here is the Schedule as of now..... (1-19-2010)

Friday June 10th - 3:00pm-10:30pm We have a private track day rental at Marion raceway. Track fees are going to be approximately $50 per car. This is limited to mercedes/bmw/exotics. Eurocharged will be performing tuning at the track, and Timmayfest is working to get a DJ there as well. The track has concessions etc.

Remember to bring an approved helmet, and make sure the car is properly prepped.

Saturday June 11th - 10am-4pm - Timmayfest 2011 at Quaker Steak and Lube. We are meeting at the same venue as last year. It is a very convenient location with plenty of hotels, restaurants, and the Polaris Mall right across the street. We will again have a DJ spinning some tunes and have a raffle drawing at 3pm to raffle off items donated by our sponsors.

Saturday June 11th - 7pm - We will have a post meet dinner as a group. (location TBD) Following dinner we will head back to Quaker Steak and Lube for an after hours party. There will be a DJ on the patio for us to enjoy. The hotels are within walking distance for everyone's safety.

Sunday June 12th - 9am - We will be meeting for breakfast (location TBD) before we wish our out of town friends a safe trip home. We will more than likely head back over to the Quaker Steak and Lube parking lot to take some photos following breakfast.

We are expecting over 200 cars this year, and should have some of the fastest mb and bmw cars on the track friday!

There is no cost for the event. If you want to run at the track its $50. Hotels are booking quick!

We have a caravan leaving on friday morning the 10th at 7:00am All are welcome to join us!

Oh did I mention the eurocharged girls are coming...

NO, BUT now that you mention it Jake!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG CLA 45 (Sold 14 CLA 45 AMG, 05 C55 AMG)
Here is some raw video from the Porsche World Tour event I went to this past week. This is the north track at the AutoBahn CC. Excuse me sounding like a noob in the car lol

http://youtu.be/TP7RHjsCk-0
Old 05-28-2011, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by Zeebrock
Here is some raw video from the Porsche World Tour event I went to this past week. This is the north track at the AutoBahn CC. Excuse me sounding like a noob in the car lol

Did you drive one?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM

Did you drive one?
That in-car footage is of me driving a 911 Carrera S Taken on my GoPro 960HD Cam Also drove a 911 Carrera 4s, 911 Carrera & a 911 Carrera GTS
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
http://blog.amsperformance.com/2011/...club-june-5th/

June 5th.. Theres a track day hosted by AMS.. Not sure if there are any spots available though.... Just emailed the organizer.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
http://blog.amsperformance.com/2011/...club-june-5th/

June 5th.. Theres a track day hosted by AMS.. Not sure if there are any spots available though.... Just emailed the organizer.
wow $225...I'm starting to like Byron more..lol I prefer just a regular drag day...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by c32used
wow $225...I'm starting to like Byron more..lol I prefer just a regular drag day...
It's actually a decent price for a full track day..
But yea.. it is pricey... I'm debate'n if I should I sign up for it or not.. There are plenty of spots left

Last edited by Quicktwinturbo; 06-01-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM

$225 is a great price for a full track day. You will also eat a tank of gas, and take about 10k miles out of your tires and brakes. Other than that its all good. I'd say lets start small just to help with the numbers, that way no one gets left out. The more the merrier!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I'm just not looking to auto x right now maybe at a later time but guys please don't let me hold you back
Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by c32used
I'm just not looking to auto x right now maybe at a later time but guys please don't let me hold you back
There is a big difference between a Track day and an AutoCross. Track day is $$$ AutoCross is only $$. An Autocross cost's a lot less in $$ and time/effort with car setup. An AutoCross would be cheap and fun.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
There is a big difference between a Track day and an AutoCross. Track day is $$$ AutoCross is only $$. An Autocross cost's a lot less in $$ and time/effort with car setup. An AutoCross would be cheap and fun.
I concur my friend...it's $25 to run a Byron $10 for spectators. At US41 events we attended cost $100 per car ran all spectators free and alot of free drinks thanks to event organizers and decent but cheap food and we had track from like 9-4pm unlimited runs. Alot less wear and tear on cars so my friend these events if set up in time and correct will be cheaper to me and many others
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I'm just throwing ideas here fellas.. Feel free to share other events if ya know ne..
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I'm just throwing ideas here fellas.. Feel free to share other events if ya know ne..
Please don't get me wrong my friend any idea is better then no idea...auto x isn't for me at the moment...I just explained why I disagreed with what Zeebrock posted that's all. I wouldn't care if an auto x was $50 per car I just don't wish to replace things sooner then later on my car that's all. By all means plan as best suited for most...if I could I'll make it
Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM

I'm not sure we are clear here. An AutoCross event cost's about $30 and is a LOT of fun. And its no more wear and tear on your car than a spirited drive on your favorite stretch of back-road highway. You get about 6 runs total most "runs" are about 45s-65s. It will improve your driving skills with just one event. All we would need to do is agree on a location and see whats available from there. Off the top of my head we have the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates and RT66 in Joliet. They both have events almost every month over the summer. We also have another great location in Milwaukee WI. I have driven at all these locations and they can be a great day out.

Maybe we should start a pole in a new thread?
1. Track Day
2. AutoCross
3. Drag Strip
Old 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I'm not sure we are clear here. An AutoCross event cost's about $30 and is a LOT of fun. And its no more wear and tear on your car than a spirited drive on your favorite stretch of back-road highway. You get about 6 runs total most "runs" are about 45s-65s. It will improve your driving skills with just one event. All we would need to do is agree on a location and see whats available from there. Off the top of my head we have the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates and RT66 in Joliet. They both have events almost every month over the summer. We also have another great location in Milwaukee WI. I have driven at all these locations and they can be a great day out.

1. Track Day (Autobahn only offers these through organized club events.)
2. AutoCross (Tons of fun, mostly SCCA events in Touring sedan class, can get pricey and can be hard on tires )
3. Drag Strip
($100 at US 41 in Morrocco INdiana for all day event and if we time it right can get Jake and /or Jerry from EC to show up as they have done many times before. Wayne used to organize these and did a great job too!!)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

1. Track Day
2. AutoCross
3. Drag Strip
I thought track day was basically a drag strip day but in blocks of hours with costs divided per individual attending as to oppose to just going to a drag strip and paying individually their fee....do I have definition wrong then? Also the $30 per event you mention is that like saying the event at Autobahn hosted by AMS is not $225 per car? Cause that's my understanding...I thought that is a Auto cross? I have never tracked the car but want to but after speaking with an avid auto cross participant(Wayne-ChicagoX) he explained how much wear and tear can happen so thinking of that I feel an Auto cross isn't right for me right now.....not trying to say anything bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IL members~ Unite!!!