C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

AC/ Stepper Motor issues (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
AC/ Stepper Motor issues (long)

Greetings, First off props to Racin_fool for his wonderful actuator post. I'm in the middle of taking my dash/console apart to t/s an actuator stepper clicking in my 2003 C32AMG. All I'm sure of is the click occurs when the left footwell flap is in motion. I've gotten about 1/2 way thru the dismantling and have some pics I will share with the board as soon as I pdf them. The problem is the passenger side blows cold enough to cause condensate to appear on the passenger side of the fresh air vent up on top of the dash - so with the help of the Star Service DVD and the StarTek website I figured it was driver side blend air flap/ actuator problem - got the actuator out and a visual exam shows it to be fine along with it's associated arm mechanism. At that point I powered up the AC and noticed the footwell flap click when the flap is in motion...I came to a screechin halt here...next step took it to an indie shop for a scan - asked him like 4 times if the diagnostics show low R-134 pressure...No.
Diags show: M2/15 Current (left and right and footwell flaps stored actuator) is stiff or blocked -
M2/20 Stored (Right fresh air flap actuator) is stiff or blocked

Question is what the hell does the current and stored mean?. I've decoded my VIN through StarTek and it shows W5A 580- which I believe to be the Model 203 Automatic Air Conditioning Code 580. Thing is the function info GF83.40-P-2105-02P fro the 580 does not show a M2/20 Actuator, instead it shows a 2/21 - however the GF for the Code 581 does show a M2/20 - how can this be?... My VIN shows a 580 but the scan shows a 2/21?

And can anyone of these problems result in no AC?..

Thanks