C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Hooley Boy's c55..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
I saw a post of him saying he put 500 miles on the new transmission that I THINK he said was a Renntech.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Yea renntech trans with SL65 internals IIRC
Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Time out...570hp?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I see this car quite often. The guy selling it lives in my friends complex. For those who don't know I am "Hooleyboy" under my other user name. I have since them became a sponsor . So I only use MBH Motorsports. You guys can call me hooleyboy or or Mike. Either ones fine.

Anyways. I've meet the guy selling the car once. His name is Rodny. He is an Aussi or at least has an Aussi accent. He seems like a pretty good guy.

Here is why I would not buy this car. One it was involved an a crash where I said hello to a huge curb. Oil was leaking everywhere. The car was all jacked up (as seen in the pics). The car was totaled by my insurance company and should have ended up in the junk yard. Instead it was bought and rebuilt. The only company certified in Arizona to repair Mercedes frames is Raintree Autobody. They however, did not repair this car. It was taken to another shop.

Just by looking at the engine, It seems as if the air intake was changed and a smaller air filter was used. PROBLEM: This car was so sensitive to the size airfilter and the length and placement of the intake piping. Any changing of this airfilter resulted on wacko MAF reading, loss of power, pulled timing, Fuel issue. It was that sensitive.

This car only has a 100 Octane race map in it. YES! I drove around on 100 octane all the time. This was my daily drive. You can not run anything less than 100 octane on this car. There was never a pump gas map made for this car.

This car was a project of mine and was never meant to be sold. I will say this. When I crashed the car it had a RENNTech built transmission in it with less than 500 miles on it. That trans was awesome. IF I took a guess, This car would have been knocking on the 11.00 door in the 1/4 mile. The old trans was slipping very bad and I was still able to run a 11.55. In fact I killed my old trans at a Famoso MBW race event.

Lastly this car turned into a late night project for Rich (owner of Dyno-Comp) and myself. It was never finished, and I didn't think it would ever be. We were always wanting to try more stuff out.

When I wrecked the car the project was over. So please note. Neither Dyno-Comp, myself, or MBH have anything to do with this car. If someone is a potential buyer of this car you are on your own. Asking Dyno-Comp or myself about this car is like asking us about an ex-girlfriend that you are interested in dating. I know nothing about what was done to this car after I crashed it. I can only see what is in the new pics of the repaired car. With that said this car belonged in a junk yard.

I've talked to Richard about the fact that this car is for sale. We both agreed the car no longer existed as a serviceable car. Meaning Dyno-Comp has no responsibly for this car. If someone buys it. They are on their own to figure out how everything works.

I would advise anyone interested in this car to look some place else. What was once the headache we enjoyed could soon become the headache someone else will not enjoy.

Since we are on the topic of my old C55. The car made 482whp and like 570wtq.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy this car you wont be happy. It belonged in a junk yard.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
^^^^
Well Said Hooley!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I see this car quite often. The guy selling it lives in my friends complex. For those who don't know I am "Hooleyboy" under my other user name. I have since them became a sponsor . So I only use MBH Motorsports. You guys can call me hooleyboy or or Mike. Either ones fine.

Anyways. I've meet the guy selling the car once. His name is Rodny. He is an Aussi or at least has an Aussi accent. He seems like a pretty good guy.

Here is why I would not buy this car. One it was involved an a crash where I said hello to a huge curb. Oil was leaking everywhere. The car was all jacked up (as seen in the pics). The car was totaled by my insurance company and should have ended up in the junk yard. Instead it was bought and rebuilt. The only company certified in Arizona to repair Mercedes frames is Raintree Autobody. They however, did not repair this car. It was taken to another shop.

Just by looking at the engine, It seems as if the air intake was changed and a smaller air filter was used. PROBLEM: This car was so sensitive to the size airfilter and the length and placement of the intake piping. Any changing of this airfilter resulted on wacko MAF reading, loss of power, pulled timing, Fuel issue. It was that sensitive.

This car only has a 100 Octane race map in it. YES! I drove around on 100 octane all the time. This was my daily drive. You can not run anything less than 100 octane on this car. There was never a pump gas map made for this car.

This car was a project of mine and was never meant to be sold. I will say this. When I crashed the car it had a RENNTech built transmission in it with less than 500 miles on it. That trans was awesome. IF I took a guess, This car would have been knocking on the 11.00 door in the 1/4 mile. The old trans was slipping very bad and I was still able to run a 11.55. In fact I killed my old trans at a Famoso MBW race event.

Lastly this car turned into a late night project for Rich (owner of Dyno-Comp) and myself. It was never finished, and I didn't think it would ever be. We were always wanting to try more stuff out.

When I wrecked the car the project was over. So please note. Neither Dyno-Comp, myself, or MBH have anything to do with this car. If someone is a potential buyer of this car you are on your own. Asking Dyno-Comp or myself about this car is like asking us about an ex-girlfriend that you are interested in dating. I know nothing about what was done to this car after I crashed it. I can only see what is in the new pics of the repaired car. With that said this car belonged in a junk yard.

I've talked to Richard about the fact that this car is for sale. We both agreed the car no longer existed as a serviceable car. Meaning Dyno-Comp has no responsibly for this car. If someone buys it. They are on their own to figure out how everything works.

I would advise anyone interested in this car to look some place else. What was once the headache we enjoyed could soon become the headache someone else will not enjoy.

Since we are on the topic of my old C55. The car made 482whp and like 570wtq.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy this car you wont be happy. It belonged in a junk yard.
I sent you a pm Mike..
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Thanks for taking time out to tell us the real story and details behind the car.

Too bad you crashed it, I would have loved to see the finish project
and results.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Also I forgot to mention. When I bought this car, It was a California buy-back. AKA.. Lemon. It was bought at a local dealer that happens to be next to Dyno-Comp.. That Lemon status gets washed in Arizona once it is titled here. Note this. The car was totaled w/ frame and engine damage. It was also a Lemon by- back under CA law. The lemon status was for wacky head lights. I sorted that issue out. Can't believe the dealer in Cali couldn't fix the problem.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
MBH - even with that lack-luster rec..... there has to be some Fair Price for this car if it runs? $5K, $10K????

could be a cheap project for someone handing with tools and with access to a good tuning shop?

Or buy and part out?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I agree, It has to be worth something. Fact is when the car was bought at a insurance auction. I don't think they had any idea what kind of C55 they were getting their hands on. The new owner contacted me about used parts or parts off this car I had. It seemed like they wanted to return it to stock. Good Idea, but this car could never be returned to stock. I still have the floor mats, spare tire, trunk carpet, and other strange stuff from the C55 in my garage. If anyone wants a trunk mat or used floor mats let me know.

I think because of the mods, and the unfinished mods mixed with being totaled. This car will sell for a loss.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
I agree, It has to be worth something. Fact is when the car was bought at a insurance auction. I don't think they had any idea what kind of C55 they were getting their hands on. The new owner contacted me about used parts or parts off this car I had. It seemed like they wanted to return it to stock. Good Idea, but this car could never be returned to stock. I still have the floor mats, spare tire, trunk carpet, and other strange stuff from the C55 in my garage. If anyone wants a trunk mat or used floor mats let me know.

I think because of the mods, and the unfinished mods mixed with being totaled. This car will sell for a loss.
i think the way you should've worded that was "if anyone wants the floor mats from the fastest c55 amg in the world, let me know"
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
i think the way you should've worded that was "if anyone wants the floor mats from the fastest c55 amg in the world, let me know"
LMAO!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon

Actually I'm interested in the spare tire and the trunk carpet. What type of spare is it?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 PM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
So how do you go about running 100 octane on a daily driver?? How much money did you spend a week on gas?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Moedy
So how do you go about running 100 octane on a daily driver?? How much money did you spend a week on gas?
The gas stations I went to happened to be owned by the same chain (Velero) The both sold 100 octane. I could only put $75 on a CC at one time. that was their max at the pump. That would get me about 9 gallons. I would at 9 gallons 2-3 times a week. It was starting to get out of hand. DC read out my file, but I crashed my car before we made the 91 octane map. My solution to the price of gas was.... Drink cheaper booze. Not even kidding. I ditched the Crown Royal for other brands of Whiskey. True story.

My driving revolved around 3 places. Those 2 gas stations and Dyno-Comp. DC sell race fuel. Sometimes I would run pump gas. When ever I did that I had a switch installed in my car that would bypass the supercharger clutch on the AMG supercharger. When that was off the the car would run like a raped ape. When I turned it on... The supercharger would never come on. Upside? When it was on I could drive around with 250 less WHP, But I could run pump gas. Thats no fun though.

That switch was installed so I could toss a few gallons in the tank to get me home after running on empty or close to it, at the track. Problem is I would run pig richif I got on it. So it was only good for getting home of placed where my left foot wasn't needed.

Granted this switch was just a quick band-aid to solve a problem on the fly. We had plans to totally re-do the way my C55 communicated with the ECU and the engine.

Sadly someone is going to buy this car and be stuck with that switch. One day they will turn the switch on and wonder where 250whp has gone!. LMAO! The switch looks very factory. To the unsuspecting person they will be in for a surprise when they wonder what that button does.

Funny thing is my old C55 had a go slow button...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

My supercharger Switch

Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
haha if theres a eject seat button then you might need to inform the buyer about that one
Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
The gas stations I went to happened to be owned by the same chain (Velero) The both sold 100 octane. I could only put $75 on a CC at one time. that was their max at the pump. That would get me about 9 gallons. I would at 9 gallons 2-3 times a week. It was starting to get out of hand. DC read out my file, but I crashed my car before we made the 91 octane map. My solution to the price of gas was.... Drink cheaper booze. Not even kidding. I ditched the Crown Royal for other brands of Whiskey. True story.

My driving revolved around 3 places. Those 2 gas stations and Dyno-Comp. DC sell race fuel. Sometimes I would run pump gas. When ever I did that I had a switch installed in my car that would bypass the supercharger clutch on the AMG supercharger. When that was off the the car would run like a raped ape. When I turned it on... The supercharger would never come on. Upside? When it was on I could drive around with 250 less WHP, But I could run pump gas. Thats no fun though.

That switch was installed so I could toss a few gallons in the tank to get me home after running on empty or close to it, at the track. Problem is I would run pig richif I got on it. So it was only good for getting home of placed where my left foot wasn't needed.

Granted this switch was just a quick band-aid to solve a problem on the fly. We had plans to totally re-do the way my C55 communicated with the ECU and the engine.

Sadly someone is going to buy this car and be stuck with that switch. One day they will turn the switch on and wonder where 250whp has gone!. LMAO! The switch looks very factory. To the unsuspecting person they will be in for a surprise when they wonder what that button does.

Funny thing is my old C55 had a go slow button...
Kinda like the power key on the old ZR-1s:

Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 AM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
Originally Posted by Moedy
haha if theres a eject seat button then you might need to inform the buyer about that one
LOL!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 PM

C55 AMG
Hooley,

Thanks for giving everybody the background on what they would be getting into on this job. Because the scary part I would see in getting this car would be the "devil" in the details. Sounds like whoever decides to get it better have a pot load of money, and a strong inclination to spend it....
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by BHeart
Hooley,

Thanks for giving everybody the background on what they would be getting into on this job. Because the scary part I would see in getting this car would be the "devil" in the details. Sounds like whoever decides to get it better have a pot load of money, and a strong inclination to spend it....

No problem, There is always more than meets the eye with cars like this. I don't want to kill this guys chance to sell the car. Or hurt what he does for a living, but my homage is to you guys at MBworld. The car may run great. He may have got a pump gas tune, the repair might be the best in the world. The might have fixed the throttle blip. Who knows?

When I left this car after the wreck. There was some unfinished biz that was never completed. When I founded MBH I kind of put my car on the back burner. To make parts for other peoples cars. I planed on fixing the small issues, but things changed after the crash.

Not only that, but when I back burnered my car. I just learned to live with the problems I created. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it sure could be for someone else. There is no doubt in my mind we could have sorted out that loose ends, but MBH came first. meaning lifts were tied up, and our dedication was elsewhere.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 PM

C55 AMG
No problem, There is always more than meets the eye with cars like this. I don't want to kill this guys chance to sell the car. Or hurt what he does for a living, but my homage is to you guys at MBworld. The car may run great. He may have got a pump gas tune, the repair might be the best in the world. The might have fixed the throttle blip. Who knows?

When I left this car after the wreck. There was some unfinished biz that was never completed. When I founded MBH I kind of put my car on the back burner. To make parts for other peoples cars. I planed on fixing the small issues, but things changed after the crash.

Not only that, but when I back burnered my car. I just learned to live with the problems I created. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it sure could be for someone else. There is no doubt in my mind we could have sorted out that loose ends, but MBH came first. meaning lifts were tied up, and our dedication was elsewhere.
Understood, at least at this point if anybody on the forum does bite on this they have a better idea of what they are really getting themselves into.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
I would really love to see someone who has the time, money and dedication to actually buy this beast and work out all the tweeks and really see what it would have been capable of..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
Yes, I would love to see a C55 dip into the 10's
Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 AM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
your front bumper

Originally Posted by saer1one
I would really love to see someone who has the time, money and dedication to actually buy this beast and work out all the tweeks and really see what it would have been capable of..
quick question for you - where'd you get your front bumper? I'd love something like that for the C55... thx!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hooley Boy's c55..