C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

long time no see

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
Thank´s for your reply!

With rear catalysts in place I guess you will pass smog regulations,
but gain less.. Or you could replace them with race gear..

K&N´s are difficult things, people tend to overoil them and at the
wrong side as well!!
In my opinion they are very sensitive but you
will gain without MAF problems IF you treat them just right..

The intakes on a C55 in the front just suck dirt, the filters need
a lot of care! Often unfortunately.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by RLx02
I was downtown for a little while actually - my ex lived in queen anne, about a block away from kerry park but yeah, that was about 6 months ago lol. I'm pretty much going to stick to the east side for now because there's about 4 different hospitals I can work for here. Greenlake and those areas are a bit too crowded for me...traffic around there is so bad lately and houses are so tiny for the price. If I lived near i-5 I'd probably live further up north like lynnwood or meadowdale actually
The one thing I hate about those downtown neighborhoods is the lack of a back yard. And the fact that a 900 SF 85 yr old house in Wallingford is $500,000 Still... no Eastside for me!

Btw- Where are you getting the car serviced these days?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by amgen
Thank´s for your reply!

With rear catalysts in place I guess you will pass smog regulations,
but gain less.. Or you could replace them with race gear..
The c55 runs clean enough without any cats that it will pass a smog check as long as you don't have a CEL.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by Mark.D
The one thing I hate about those downtown neighborhoods is the lack of a back yard. And the fact that a 900 SF 85 yr old house in Wallingford is $500,000 Still... no Eastside for me!

Btw- Where are you getting the car serviced these days?
Yeah...no thanks on a tiny house in wallingford for me. I'd rather live out in the burbs and commute a little further to have a nicer house.

I get my service done at barrier because my friend is a used car service manager and master tech there. They take good care of you.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
Actually, isn't tump or something like that the n/a whp champ? I remember someone had a modded intake manifold along with the same mods I had but then he had a host of other problems so I shied away from doing more mods.

For your VA loan, did you get a favorable rate because of it? I need to start filling out the information to get the certificate.

My opinion on a VA loan is that its only needed if you will owe more than 80% of the value of the house or have bad credit and need some help. If you have financial trouble later it could help you as well. If your going 0 down and will owe more than 80% the biggest benefit is that you dont have to pay private morgage insurance, helped me out because as soon as the market went down, that means you will pay PMI even longer. Other than that the banks will treat you no different as far as rates and everything else is the same, just more paperwork and rules to go by like you cant rent your house out for the first 2 years. If you have a fat down payment and good credit I'd avoid it since you dont need it and dont need the extra time consuming paperwork.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by 559EVO
Actually, isn't tump or something like that the n/a whp champ? I remember someone had a modded intake manifold along with the same mods I had but then he had a host of other problems so I shied away from doing more mods.

For your VA loan, did you get a favorable rate because of it? I need to start filling out the information to get the certificate.

My opinion on a VA loan is that its only needed if you will owe more than 80% of the value of the house or have bad credit and need some help. If you have financial trouble later it could help you as well. If your going 0 down and will owe more than 80% the biggest benefit is that you dont have to pay private morgage insurance, helped me out because as soon as the market went down, that means you will pay PMI even longer. Other than that the banks will treat you no different as far as rates and everything else is the same, just more paperwork and rules to go by like you cant rent your house out for the first 2 years. If you have a fat down payment and good credit I'd avoid it since you dont need it and dont need the extra time consuming paperwork.
i just did a va 2 months ago it wasnt all that bad i got 4.475 wiht zero points (dont buy a point ) its not worth it unless you are sure you wont refinace or sell in the next 10 years beside that the bank did all the paperwork and they provided me with everythign i needed i never actually delt with VA the bank did all the paper work. and it was pretty fast for me i closed 22 days after i made the offer on the property Go guild mortgage
Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
I too decided to hold off on my CLS63 purchace to buy a house prices are too good to pass my neighbor bought his house for 750 4 years ago and bought mine for 400k cant beat that