long time no see

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
long time no see

Whats new guys? Just been pretty busy with my new position here at work so haven't been really posting.

Haven't done anything with the car recently. I think I'm pretty much done with it except for maintenance stuff.

I was planning on buying a c63 this summer but decided to get a decent house first...found a nice 3 car garage one so I'm pushing back the upgrade until at least middle of next year.

So whats new?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 S420 2006 C55AMG 2002Mustang GT
+1 good choice man, real estate is the one thing there not making any more of.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 79 Likes on 77 Posts
AMG
Yea good choice with the home, right now the market is best for buyers. Nice car in the sig!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
+3 on good decision. If you hold onto the house for 10 yrs, you'll have made a pretty good profit assuming you don't somehow get a terrible deal right now.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Audi S4
Hey man, welcome back. I just started lurking again about 2 weeks ago too!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by RLx02
Whats new guys? Just been pretty busy with my new position here at work so haven't been really posting.

Haven't done anything with the car recently. I think I'm pretty much done with it except for maintenance stuff.

I was planning on buying a c63 this summer but decided to get a decent house first...found a nice 3 car garage one so I'm pushing back the upgrade until at least middle of next year.

So whats new?
Nothing new on the C32/C55 end. The new 2012 C63 is sweet with the new trans, me likey!! The SLK55 with the all new V-8 at about 422 HP is nice too. No major refinements on the C55 end except for the continuous problems with the MAF on SC'd cars. We also learned that a "Jerry Tune" on the C55 is good for about (approx) 10-15 HP at its best with no other mods. Nice to see you posting again.

Yeah, do the house thing way before the car. Great market to buy and money is cheap to borrow too.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM

C32, 911 SC
Good to hear from you! I remember you came to SLC last year and was asking for bars or lack thereof...

Enjoy the house and keep us updated with the C63. I really want to pick a cpo C63 sometime next year as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Welcome back!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Welcome Back!!! Congrats on the house!!! like you I've put the c63 on hold, just had a baby girl (3rd kid) 3 mos. ago so I am currently waiting for the delivery of a 2012 r-350 still love my c 32 though!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by ddtham
Good to hear from you! I remember you came to SLC last year and was asking for bars or lack thereof...

Enjoy the house and keep us updated with the C63. I really want to pick a cpo C63 sometime next year as well.
Oh haha...yeah I actually had a good time there oddly enough. Hooked up with a coupla girls down there back in the days when I was single lol. I still keep in touch with them and i heard they passed a no drink special law!? No happy hour? Ugh...

Originally Posted by Elvis@Vossen
Yea good choice with the home, right now the market is best for buyers. Nice car in the sig!
Thanks! Although the car is different looking now..I have 18" brabus replicas now, cf roof spoiler, 3m covering the grill except for the star and custom black housing headlights.

As for housing, I'm taking a look at this house this weekend. I'm not too crazy about the outside but I love the yard, the dark hardwood floors and the kitchen is perfect.

Any veterans here do a VA home loan?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by W203Ramos
Welcome Back!!! Congrats on the house!!! like you I've put the c63 on hold, just had a baby girl (3rd kid) 3 mos. ago so I am currently waiting for the delivery of a 2012 r-350 still love my c 32 though!!!!
Congrats! 2 of my friends had their first kids about 1 month apart...so many friends having baby's now...but I guess its just because I'm getting close to 30 years old so everyone I know is poppin' out kids lol.

Yeah, I figure get a house now...maybe later down the line during a mid life crisis I can get the c63, but for now, c55 or a c32 isn't a bad rig
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Congrats! 2 of my friends had their first kids about 1 month apart...so many friends having baby's now...but I guess its just because I'm getting close to 30 years old so everyone I know is poppin' out kids lol.

Yeah, I figure get a house now...maybe later down the line during a mid life crisis I can get the c63, but for now, c55 or a c32 isn't a bad rig
Very nice home, BUT where's the back yard? Can you play Frisbee in that yard??
Old 07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Looks like a Vancouver Special, but you probably wont have your grandparents renting out the basement.
Those lot sizes are typical for the NW. Not like the great plains where Glenn lives.
Your weekend are going to be spent sanding down that wood floor every year
Nice find!
In the burbs?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Very nice home, BUT where's the back yard? Can you play Frisbee in that yard??
Lol, properly not. It doesn't really look like it has much of a backyard...i'll see it when I take a look at it in person. I'm not one that needs a lot of land, but a decent backyard where I can host some bbq's and make my awesome smoked ribs (8 hours of smoking!)
Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Looks like a Vancouver Special, but you probably wont have your grandparents renting out the basement.
Those lot sizes are typical for the NW. Not like the great plains where Glenn lives.
Nice find!
In the burbs?
LOL...vancouver special...totally know what you mean (have some friends up hongcouver). Lot sizes in western washington are pretty small unless you live far away from major cities like seattle, bellevue and tacoma. The one above is about 15-30 minutes away from seattle/bellevue depending on traffic. I've looked at houses further away with more land, but they're older construction and would have to redo their kitchens.

First thing first if I get that house would be apply a really good coat of water repelling finish on that fence and the deck considering how much rain we get (tons of sprinkles but not a lot of total rain actually...)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Nice find!
In the burbs?
Gorgeous home for sure, BUT I am so used to acreage that those backyards would make me claustrophobic!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55
Welcome back, nothing much has changed in the C55 world, maybe about 2 people got tuned and made 12-17whp. Your still the natually aspired WHP champ.

Thats a nice looking house, the color combo inside and out is perfect. I have hardwood floors and are hard to keep scratchless, next time I will go with tile. Hardwood floors also dont mix well with babies learning how to stand/walk, not soft on heads. I got a VA loan also on my first house. Wife is pregnant with number 2, been thinking about a 63 amg but the wife is pushing for an R class, room for 6 and not high off the ground so its easy for kids and pregnant ladies to get in. Once she is pushing 6 months I might have to swap cars with her.

Last edited by 559EVO; 07-28-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 559EVO
Welcome back, nothing much has changed in the C55 world, maybe about 2 people got tuned and made 12-17whp. Your still the natually aspired WHP champ.

Thats a nice looking house, the color combo inside and out is perfect. I have hardwood floors and are hard to keep scratchless, next time I will go with tile. Hardwood floors also dont mix well with babies learning how to stand/walk, not soft on heads. I got a VA loan also on my first house. Wife is pregnant with number 2, been thinking about a 63 amg but the wife is pushing for an R class, room for 6 and not high off the ground so its easy for kids and pregnant ladies to get in. Once she is pushing 6 months I might have to swap cars with her.

My buddy at the Benz dealership calls the R Class the morphodite, so I dont think I'd get one. Hard to sell and easy to buy. Save your $$ and get a Toyota Sienna SE , its quicker than the R Class (cept for the R63) and a whole lot bigger and more reliable too. Get yourself a "Swagger Wagon" SE and you'll love it!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
That's a nice house. Welcome back man.. I see a lot of OG members are no longer active
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 AM

2005 C55 AMG
Welcome back, where's the house at? Issaquah? If I remember correctly, your down town right now? Did you look at green lake and the surrounding neighborhoods? I've got to start looking here myself pretty quick, I'm in Queen Anne right now and swore to myself i'd never live on the eastside
Old 07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
That's a nice house. Welcome back man.. I see a lot of OG members are no longer active
Yeah, the job takes a toll...had so many projects recently urgh...

Originally Posted by 559EVO

Thats a nice looking house, the color combo inside and out is perfect. I have hardwood floors and are hard to keep scratchless, next time I will go with tile. Hardwood floors also dont mix well with babies learning how to stand/walk, not soft on heads. I got a VA loan also on my first house.
Actually, isn't tump or something like that the n/a whp champ? I remember someone had a modded intake manifold along with the same mods I had but then he had a host of other problems so I shied away from doing more mods.

For your VA loan, did you get a favorable rate because of it? I need to start filling out the information to get the certificate.

Originally Posted by Mark.D
Welcome back, where's the house at? Issaquah? If I remember correctly, your down town right now? Did you look at green lake and the surrounding neighborhoods? I've got to start looking here myself pretty quick, I'm in Queen Anne right now and swore to myself i'd never live on the eastside
I was downtown for a little while actually - my ex lived in queen anne, about a block away from kerry park but yeah, that was about 6 months ago lol. I'm pretty much going to stick to the east side for now because there's about 4 different hospitals I can work for here. Greenlake and those areas are a bit too crowded for me...traffic around there is so bad lately and houses are so tiny for the price. If I lived near i-5 I'd probably live further up north like lynnwood or meadowdale actually
Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
Welcome back!

Sorry for asking, your mods is..?
-Kleemann headers with only back catalysts in place with an
appropriate ECU tune? K&Nīs? -Something like that?
(Kleemann HQ is just over the bridge for me, tempting...)

Maybe itīs a good time just now for you to buy a real estate!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by amgen
Welcome back!

Sorry for asking, your mods is..?
-Kleemann headers with only back catalysts in place with an
appropriate ECU tune? K&Nīs? -Something like that?
(Kleemann HQ is just over the bridge for me, tempting...)

Maybe itīs a good time just now for you to buy a real estate!
I have kleemann headers/downpipe, kleemann tune and no rear cats. I used to have k&n's put my friend who is a master tech says he see's a lot of cars come in with messed up MAF because of the oil in K&N's.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
I have kleemann headers/downpipe, kleemann tune and no rear cats. I used to have k&n's put my friend who is a master tech says he see's a lot of cars come in with messed up MAF because of the oil in K&N's.

Absolutely true, just ask Corey at Kleemann and he'll tell you the same thing. The SCd C55s are running stock filters...........
Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 PM

C32, 911 SC
Congrats again, the interior is just beautiful and that grill... oh that grill. I settled in for a small townhome in downtown slc in 08 and wished I waited until now.

I tried my bestest to not keep track of all the crazy laws here! Enjoy the 55 in good health, man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: long time no see