C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Sad Day for my C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
total the car. go for edmunds true value and then buy the car back. should buyback for under 3000$. then part it out or sell the driveline for 4000$. then search for another f thats what you want

example. my 02 slk32 was purchased for 16,750. ins. paid 20,360 for the car buy back 2900 sold the car for 3500 after removing all my mods. pushed hard for the total amount
Old 07-29-2011, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Drew, seriously?? Is the Cinco Cinco that bad??? Does it cost you cinco cinco cinco zero every time you take it in??? My C classes, knock on wood have been pretty bullet proof so far!! Not as fast as the cinco cinco for sure...........

Oh, and how's the girlfriend, err I mean foo foo!!
The ECC has me worried that i lose sleep over it
If i ever had to replace the gas tank, im sure i could get a indi to replace it and if the airmatic went out, i would just get the beck arnott part which is $400/corner and has a lifetime warranty.

If i ever saw the post on the gas tank, i would have not bought one at all.
Mercedes official solution to just replace the gas tank doesnt sit well with me.
Why should i have to replace a gas tank at 5 years old and less than 41000 miles? The Aftermarket warranty companies have started denying these claims. My temporary solution is not to drive it and to stare at it in the garage.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by moosejaw
The ECC has me worried that i lose sleep over it
If i ever had to replace the gas tank, im sure i could get a indi to replace it and if the airmatic went out, i would just get the beck arnott part which is $400/corner and has a lifetime warranty.

If i ever saw the post on the gas tank, i would have not bought one at all.
Mercedes official solution to just replace the gas tank doesnt sit well with me.
Why should i have to replace a gas tank at 5 years old and less than 41000 miles? The Aftermarket warranty companies have started denying these claims. My temporary solution is not to drive it and to stare at it in the garage.
Is this a known issue with cinco cincos?? I had no idea either??

Airmatic has been troublesome for many and is a well known issue, BUT in the much higher end MBs (600s etc) its not $400 a corner from what I understand.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
My E55's handling is right in par with the Crown Victorias and Lincoln Town Cars they have down at the bingo hall. Not too happy with the gas tank/leaking fuel over the back seat! Im waiting anyday now for the Airmatic to fail.
If i ever trade this car in...it will be to Carmax. This will be the last benz i buy
My advice...................keep your C Class

Glenn........... do i have to tell you again to leave my dog out of this. At least I dont have to pay for its college education.

You mean you're not sending him to UF in Gainesville?? They've got plenty of dogs there. Now if we're talking FSU, thats where the HOT dogs go
Old 07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
What do you want them to do?? I don't see what other solution there could be.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 PM

C32, 911 SC
OP, that sucks! I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Airmatic has been troublesome for many and is a well known issue, BUT in the much higher end MBs (600s etc) its not $400 a corner from what I understand.
Correct me if I'm wrong Newz, but doesn't higher end mbs run ABC suspension that is much more expensive than Airmatic and breaks more often? My sister has an E500 from new and the Airmatic fell apart at 30K miles and 60K miles. Thank God for mb warranty, because it was more than $4K each time from stealership!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by ddtham
OP, that sucks! I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Correct me if I'm wrong Newz, but doesn't higher end mbs run ABC suspension that is much more expensive than Airmatic and breaks more often? My sister has an E500 from new and the Airmatic fell apart at 30K miles and 60K miles. Thank God for mb warranty, because it was more than $4K each time from stealership!
Is it not possible to just yank all that crap out and put springs in?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 gmc sierra 1500, 2005 C55 AMG, 2007 SL55 AMG.
Originally Posted by clkwork
take those ricey altezzas off your car right away!

jk, hope the insurance treats you right
LOL, thats what the lights look like inside. When she hit him it must have knocked all the red off the tail lights.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
c-pillar's bent...definitely total loss.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 AM

190E in black
Hows your progress now?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 AM

CLS55
I'm still waiting to hear from her insurance company, they should inspect my car by Wednesday. They put me in a Cadillac CTS rental from Enterprise. My C32 is at the dealer body shop right now, but they wouldn't tell me what they think. In fact, looking over the initial paper work they have had me sign, it says "Repair per USAA Estimate".

At this point, I really hope that it is a total loss, as I feel repairing it will never be the same.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 PM

W203-4M W163
STFU and drive

Originally Posted by AMG X
^x2

Distracted drivers can be just as bad as a drunk driver. Some people get behind the wheel and tend to forget the kind of damage and injuries that can occur from accidents even at relatively low speeds.
+1

I've noticed a trend over the last couple of years. Cars ahead of me are regularly veering left or right, into the shoulders, or into another lane. Severe drifting (6-8 feet into the lane or either shoulder), then a sudden swerve back into the lane. In every instance, driver is texting or blabbing on cell phone. STFU and drive your damned car. This isn't a game. Your car weighs a ton or two and it's traveling at 30-60MPH in most cases. Do the math, then STFU and drive. There's nothing that important to discuss while you're hurtling 3000 pounds of steel down the road.

Sorry to see this amazing car damaged like this. Hope it all works out and that you get a better (best?) deal from the insurance company.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM

cls63
HI EVERY BODY

I just want to share the smae problem with you, this is a real serious stupid & risky error/mistake from the manufacturing, I have CLS 63 AMG 07, the rare sub frame fall down. as you know all the rare suspensions & exhaust muffler connected to gather. the sub frame is the base for all the mechanics parts. After its fall down all these parts damages including the sub frame due to manufacturing error ( Airmatics, muffler system, suspensions, sub frame etc. when I went to our bad dealer, they said that this the first time happened on any Mercedes benz in general & the engineer said 20 years working on Mercedes for different dealer, I didn't never ever seen this case. i sent the car to the cars Auctions on our country and I wrote on body ( FOR SALE DUE TO MANUFACTURING ERROR) as gift / marketing for the main company. Pls. note that parts & repairing cost for this issues is US$ 27,000+ which is equal the price of the CAR.

This too dangers & risky problem lead the User for this worse car is lead us for death by this manufacturing mistake, that’s mean we are paying money for the main company to kill us.

I never heard in any car on my life for different brand about this issue even the cars manufactured on 1970's or 1960's. the sub frame of the car should be never fall down even if there is an accident, the car fall down itself. I owned many classes of Mercedes S, CL, CLS, E. I have S class not happened on it this problem.

I'm searching & collection the same problem to make issue a case against the main company & factory as well as take the legal action due to playing and killing the people.

Partners, if you heard any such these issue just forwarded to my email to assists my research & the case as well.

alaa_com@hotmail.com

THX
Old 05-03-2012, 01:09 PM

C32
This is really a sad day for you and the C32. Hope you can get the best value out from the C32 from the insurance company