C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Replaced control arms now "ESP not available visit workshop!"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55
Replaced control arms now "ESP not available visit workshop!"

I just finished replacing all 4 control arms, first time getting my hands dirty with a MBZ. My goal is to get the car back in top shape to install the Eurocharged 185 pulley and software combo.
Well finished the job, went for a drive and the car drives very well, I now need to take to a shop to do the alignment. Now I notice after the first test drive the following message "ESP not available, visit workshop!". I didn't disconnect any of the wheel sensors so Im puzzle as to what it could be. Any ideas? maybe the wheel sensor went bad while replacing the control arms?
Also when I put the key back in the malfunction is not there, it shows up within seconds of starting the car
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Matutino
I just finished replacing all 4 control arms, first time getting my hands dirty with a MBZ. My goal is to get the car back in top shape to install the Eurocharged 185 pulley and software combo.
Well finished the job, went for a drive and the car drives very well, I now need to take to a shop to do the alignment. Now I notice after the first test drive the following message "ESP not available, visit workshop!". I didn't disconnect any of the wheel sensors so Im puzzle as to what it could be. Any ideas? maybe the wheel sensor went bad while replacing the control arms?
Also when I put the key back in the malfunction is not there, it shows up within seconds of starting the car

Don't worry......your alignment are so off now that cause the ESP malfunction light to come on. I'm 99.9% sure the alignment will solve the issue.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 E63
I would first check and see if you accidentally unplugged or damaged a wheel speed sensor
Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55
Alignment fixed it