C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

EVOSPORT Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
EVOSPORT Questions

I recently received my evosport stage 1+2 kit and I have some questions..

1. There are 6 allen bit bolts on the front of the new crank pulley that need to be torqued. Does anyone know the spec for these bolts? I have torqued the crank bolt to 147.5 ft-lbs + 90 degrees.

2. My kit did not come with the belt... Was it supposed to? and if so is it longer than the stock belt?

3. Does anyone have instructions showing which idler pulley goes in which location. It's difficult to decide which goes just to the left of the supercharger and which replaces the one on the belt tensioner itself

The shorty headers and all other pulleys and parts have fit great and I can't wait to get this thing on the road. Any help would be great thank you.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
If the crank pulley is is 178mm, I think you can use the stock belt. I would recommend getting the needswing pulley saver kit, which replaces a few pulleys, uses a brace, and comes with a new larger belt. Also helps to keep your pulleys from being over driven.

As for the crank pulley, be very careful with the way you torque those bolts. I've heard horror stories of the crank pulley becoming unbalanced and even coming off the hub if the bolts aren't torqued correctly. I would email evosport, they should be able to help you out better. I was always told that the one piece design is less problem prone. Good luck. Oh, and make sure to use a new crank pulley bolt, do not reuse the one that comes on the car. It's one time use and you can get them fairly cheap.

For the idler pulley, the bolt pattern and the one that fit's close to the crank pulley. Compare the stock ones to see which one is larger, then replace the largest stock pulley with the largest aftermarket pulley. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by loudandheard; 08-15-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by c32AMGOD
I recently received my evosport stage 1+2 kit and I have some questions..

1. There are 6 allen bit bolts on the front of the new crank pulley that need to be torqued. Does anyone know the spec for these bolts? I have torqued the crank bolt to 147.5 ft-lbs + 90 degrees.

2. My kit did not come with the belt... Was it supposed to? and if so is it longer than the stock belt?

3. Does anyone have instructions showing which idler pulley goes in which location. It's difficult to decide which goes just to the left of the supercharger and which replaces the one on the belt tensioner itself

The shorty headers and all other pulleys and parts have fit great and I can't wait to get this thing on the road. Any help would be great thank you.
You should probably PM user "brad@evosport" - I'm sure they'll have installation instructions he can email you, answering your questions regarding their specific pulley kit.

Good luck with your install!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:45 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
c32AMGOD,

I did receive your email, and forwarded to to Simon, who will be reply today.

Please also let him know where you got the kit from?

thanks
brad
Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 PM

Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
I got in contact with Simon and got all the answers I was looking for. The rest of the install went well!

My car pulls like a beast now so I am hoping to hit the track in the next couple weeks and see some numbers. I can't wait.

Thank you for everyone's help!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 AM

Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG
...One last question for everyone. For some reason I had the urge to measure my new crank pulley and the crank pulley that I received from evosport is 6.75 inches in diameter which translates to only 172mm. I have never heard of a 172mm pulley for the c32 and the evosport website advertises a 7 inch crank pulley.

I am wondering if this is normal or perhaps I have measured incorrectly. Maybe the 178mm is including the belt? Any thoughts?

Just as a side note, I am not accusing Evosport of false advertisement or hating on them. I am just curious.