C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Eurocharged AMG Speed Shift TCU Flash - $499

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Ok it doesnt? Why are we discussing what the C55 does stock in M mode....
I was just commenting on what a manual mode should represent - holding a gear in almost any circumstance. It shouldn't upshift, even if at redline, and shouldn't downshift, even if rpms drop so low that the motor might stall.

If it resets to 1st gear when completely stopped, that's fine I suppose - C32's do that stock anyway when you're in the pseudo-manual mode (not sure about C55's).
Old 09-21-2011, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
The C55's "M" transmission mode will not upshift even when hitting the rev limiter. However it will downshift on its own to prevent the engine from stalling if rpm's drop too low.

Any idea how much faster the shift speeds are compared to stock with this Eurocharged TCU mod?

Last edited by PC Valkyrie; 09-21-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:47 PM

c32
would the FULL MANUAL mode be automatically enabled as soon as you hit the shifter left or right as it does now in "stock manual" form? for example, with this tune, If i were to downshift by myself, would it engage the stock "manual mode" which will downshift autmatically... or would it enable the FULL Manual mode that holds all gears?

Also, in teh full manual mode... god forbid the shifter is mistakenly hit to downshift, is their any damage prevention like in stock form?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Here's a quick summary of what I've experienced so far with the TCU Flash.

1. Shifts in Comfort and Sport feel snappier. I know they're quicker, but we're talking 1/100th's of a second type quick and I'm telling you that no one can feel the difference in that time frame, but snappier is the best way I can describe it. It just shifts, quick and crisp.

2. If you downshift using the gear lever while in Comfort or Sport it will stay in that mode like it always has, no change in either of those modes as far as overall function.

3. When you are in Manual mode....well it's just that, MANUAL, mode. You can run it up to redline at 6500 RPM and it'll bounce on it until you shift. Obviously you nor I should bounce off the rev limiter for extended periods of time, but you could...

4. Aside from downshifting into first gear at a stop I don't think the car will do anything without your direct input when in Manual mode. I've not had it change a gear on me at any speed unless I told it to do so. That means, if you are going 100 mph in 3rd and downshift on accident (or purpose) you will f@ck up your engine and most likely the transmission.

5. Any sign of a 1500 RPM jerk is completely gone. Like not even in this universe anymore type gone. So if that alone is worth the cost of this Flash, well then I guess you should get it and enjoy all of the other benefits that come along.

6. Lastly, to those people who have mentioned something about a wanting it to be a "true" manual mode where the car wouldn't downshift even if it meant the engine would stall....you're dumb, like seriously retarded. What possible reason would you want it to do that, quick being a hater and congratulate Eurocharged for coming out with NEW mods for a 6+ year old car. Guarantee you they could be moving on to more lucrative projects but do this because they haven't forgotten about the little guys.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by chris.bachman

1. Shifts in Comfort and Sport feel snappier. I know they're quicker, but we're talking 1/100th's of a second type quick and I'm telling you that no one can feel the difference in that time frame, but snappier is the best way I can describe it. It just shifts, quick and crisp.

2. If you downshift using the gear lever while in Comfort or Sport it will stay in that mode like it always has, no change in either of those modes as far as overall function.

3. When you are in Manual mode....well it's just that, MANUAL, mode. You can run it up to redline at 6500 RPM and it'll bounce on it until you shift. Obviously you nor I should bounce off the rev limiter for extended periods of time, but you could...

4. Aside from downshifting into first gear at a stop I don't think the car will do anything without your direct input when in Manual mode. I've not had it change a gear on me at any speed unless I told it to do so. That means, if you are going 100 mph in 3rd and downshift on accident (or purpose) you will f@ck up your engine and most likely the transmission.

5. Any sign of a 1500 RPM jerk is completely gone. Like not even in this universe anymore type gone. So if that alone is worth the cost of this Flash, well then I guess you should get it and enjoy all of the other benefits that come along.

6. Lastly, to those people who have mentioned something about a wanting it to be a "true" manual mode where the car wouldn't downshift even if it meant the engine would stall....you're dumb, like seriously retarded. What possible reason would you want it to do that, quick being a hater and congratulate Eurocharged for coming out with NEW mods for a 6+ year old car. Guarantee you they could be moving on to more lucrative projects but do this because they haven't forgotten about the little guys.
Awesome. I was thinking the same thing the other day...how awesome is it that my car is 9 years old and there are still people out there that are creating new things for it! Eurocharged FTW!

...just when I think I'm done modding my car for a while, they debut this!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I also think that it is great that new parts are still being produced for the C32. I don't see the need for the tranny to not downshift either. Why would I want to stall an automatic. That's just a fail...
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
What about us non-AMG guys?
My Supercharged CLK500 could really use a TCU Tune. Kleemann has a TCU Tune, but for a $1000 I get the ///AMG speed shift programming with slightly faster shifting (than the ///AMG programming); but no "M" mode (my car doesn't come with an "M" mode).
Old 09-23-2011, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR;4844754[B
]What about us non-AMG guys?:[/B]nix:
My Supercharged CLK500 could really use a TCU Tune. Kleemann has a TCU Tune, but for a $1000 I get the ///AMG speed shift programming with slightly faster shifting (than the ///AMG programming); but no "M" mode (my car doesn't come with an "M" mode).
Too small a volume for EC to do anything. The tools and development time alone would not make a "single" car worth it. This I understand.

Now If I can just get Jake to do my car for a full and complete review.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 PM

SLK32

Thanks for the info.

What are shift times like in manual mode. Stock you tell the car to shift, it thinks about, thinks about it some more, checks the weather, checks to see what is happening with its stories, thinks about shifting, thinks about it a bit more, and then finally decides it might want to shift if it can do so without breaking a sweat.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by 430
Thanks for the info.

What are shift times like in manual mode. Stock you tell the car to shift, it thinks about, thinks about it some more, checks the weather, checks to see what is happening with its stories, thinks about shifting, thinks about it a bit more, and then finally decides it might want to shift if it can do so without breaking a sweat.
Hah.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Is there a tune coming out or what?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Are the quicker shifts coming from higher pressure through the solenoids? If so I've heard of transmissions failing due to this. Can someone from eurocharged chime in on this for us please. I'm interested in this mod but not at the expense of transmission life.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM

C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Is there a tune coming out or what?
+1
Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
My TCU is on it's way to Houston now. Hope to report back in a week.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by JUAN CASAUS
Are the quicker shifts coming from higher pressure through the solenoids? If so I've heard of transmissions failing due to this. Can someone from eurocharged chime in on this for us please. I'm interested in this mod but not at the expense of transmission life.
Also interested in this. Any one?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by JUAN CASAUS
nope, its not like your replacing the solinoids w the blue tops.

The changes are software based coding for the tcu to tell it when to shift.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Originally Posted by sinister55
+1
+2
Old 10-04-2011, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by loungn14
nope, its not like your replacing the solinoids w the blue tops.

The changes are software based coding for the tcu to tell it when to shift.
Nice!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Regarding #4... so you're saying that you could be going 100 MPH in 3rd, accidentally downshift to 2nd instead of upshift to 4th, and the TCU and ECU programs will let you mechanically overrev the engine before intervening? I doubt it.

Regarding #6... it's either a true manual mode, or it isn't. Calling people retarded because they're trying to figure out exactly what this does (and does not) do seems antagonistic and counterproductive.

Other than preventing a "money shift" (you seem to say it doesn't prevent them, but I'd be surprised if you're right), and the documented practice of automatically shifting into 1st when the car stops - does it automatically shift in any other circumstances? If you're in 5th, and gradually slow down from 50 MPH to 10 MPH... will it ever downshift if you don't tell it to?

And, yes, it's great that new products are being developed for what is essentially a 10 year old platform. As for congratulations, I doubt Eurocharged literally wrote the code for this, but they're offering what sounds like a good product at a good price, which is all that matters, and I certainly congratulate them for that.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Regarding #4... so you're saying that you could be going 100 MPH in 3rd, accidentally downshift to 2nd instead of upshift to 4th, and the TCU and ECU programs will let you mechanically overrev the engine before intervening? I doubt it.

Regarding #6... it's either a true manual mode, or it isn't. Calling people retarded because they're trying to figure out exactly what this does (and does not) do seems antagonistic and counterproductive.

Other than preventing a "money shift" (you seem to say it doesn't prevent them, but I'd be surprised if you're right), and the documented practice of automatically shifting into 1st when the car stops - does it automatically shift in any other circumstances? If you're in 5th, and gradually slow down from 50 MPH to 10 MPH... will it ever downshift if you don't tell it to?

And, yes, it's great that new products are being developed for what is essentially a 10 year old platform. As for congratulations, I doubt Eurocharged literally wrote the code for this, but they're offering what sounds like a good product at a good price, which is all that matters, and I certainly congratulate them for that.
I agree with your comments regarding calling people retarded. There is no need ofr that. But at the same time if you are not sure about how EC developed or obtained the TCU code changes why would you bring this up? Seems to me that this is also antagonistic and counterproductive.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lenin
I agree with your comments regarding calling people retarded. There is no need ofr that. But at the same time if you are not sure about how EC developed or obtained the TCU code changes why would you bring this up? Seems to me that this is also antagonistic and counterproductive.
It was a reply to chris.bachman's point #6.

You are correct, though: I have no inside-knowledge about how EC developed or obtained (quick aside: quite a difference there) their TCU tune.

As I'm sure you're aware: on 8/26/2011, a thread about a "speed shift" TCU tune was started here and on Crossfireforum, allegedly some tune coming out of Germany that does:

You'll have 2 modes: S (Summer) and M (Manual). M replaces the W (Winter) mode.

If you choose "M":
- You can choose every gear within millisecounds.
- Gears don't switch when reaching max. rpms.
- You can accellerate much faster.

"S" works as always.

On 9/1/2011, EC released their "speed shift" TCU tune, that does:

- Full "M" manual mode and "S" summer mode.
- Raised Trq Limiters
- Faster Shifting
- Raised RPM Limiter
- Gears hold when in manual mode
So... within days of each TCU tune being brought to the public's attention, with descriptions that are nearly identical to one another...? That was the basis for my "I doubt that..." thought in the prior post.

And, for context: let's say EC obtains a TCU base map from someone else (person or organization) who actually developed (i.e. wrote) the code. Who cares? Eurocharged is offering what sounds like a great product and service, at a great price - which is what matters. And I'm pretty sure I emphasized that (or, at least, tried to) prior.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Quick answers;

I let off the gas at 45mph this morning while in 4th. The car stayed in 4th until I came to about 9mph at which point it shifted down to second to stop my engine from stalling which seems like the best possible thing that could happen. I don't know maybe some of you just want to stall your engine, have fun with that.

I'm not going to be the one to downshift at red line and verify it actually does shift down a gear. You can get the tune and be my guest to see what happens. Maybe EC can provide insight as to whether it will actually downshift.

True manual mode on an automatic gearbox? Care to explain your personal definition on what exactly that is DTM?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyway, apologies for my part in taking things off topic.

Two questions for EC, for clarification for benefit of the MBW community, regarding "Manual" mode:

1. If you're at redline in a gear, and instruct a downshift instead of an upshift - will the ECU/TCU let you?

2. If you're in a gear (let's say 5th at 50 MPH) and gradually slow down to 10-15 MPH... will the TCU ever force a downshift?

It'd be good to get these clarifications, to better understand exactly what the TCU tune changes (but, also, what it doesn't) from stock TCU behavior.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quick answers;

I let off the gas at 45mph this morning while in 4th. The car stayed in 4th until I came to about 9mph at which point it shifted down to second to stop my engine from stalling which seems like the best possible thing that could happen. I don't know maybe some of you just want to stall your engine, have fun with that.

I'm not going to be the one to downshift at red line and verify it actually does shift down a gear. You can get the tune and be my guest to see what happens. Maybe EC can provide insight as to whether it will actually downshift.

True manual mode on an automatic gearbox? Care to explain your personal definition on what exactly that is DTM?
Thank you for explaining the first - the stock "Manual" mode (when you trigger a shift and the indicator goes to a number from C/W or S) does the same, IIRC. I agree, it is the best thing that could happen.

Fair enough on the latter - although, if the TCU will force a downshift to prevent a stall, logically, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it will also prevent a "moneyshift" from occurring. I agree, it is best for EC to confirm here.

"True manual" mode, in my view, would be no gear-selection interference from the TCU, overriding the operator command. You know, kinda like a true manual. Sorry if that was unclear. Not that preventing a redline-downshift or forcing a downshift before a stall is a bad thing... they clearly aren't.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Originally Posted by loungn14
we don't have any socal plans as of now but we can surely do a ecu tcu package.

We are going to be at SEMA in nov if people want to meet us in vegas...

This post says you guys are coming to San Diego is it still happening ?

https://mbworld.org/forums/californi...san-diego.html

and here

https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...g-options.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged AMG Speed Shift TCU Flash - $499