C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My windshield washer woes, pump has been replaced...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of Nissans, and a C55
My windshield washer woes, pump has been replaced...

I thought my problem with the windshield washer was the typical pump failure, since the stalk switch works (the wipers sweep), but no water comes out of the nozzles. No noise is made by the pump, pre or post replacement.

After I replaced the pump, and it still did not work, I took a look to see if I can follow the wiring for the pump, but all I saw was that there appears to be a detached plug taped up above the washer reservoir (see pic).

The plug on the pump is connected fine. Is this plug from the photo something that should be attached to a cable that should be going back to the fuse panel? O is this perhaps the plug for the headlight washers, which my C55 does not have?

I'm at a loss.....
Attached Thumbnails My windshield washer woes, pump has been replaced...-dsc00445-small-.jpg  
Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
My wife mentioned something about her windshield washer fluid not spraying and I have yet to check it out. There are no low fluid warnings, so I wonder if her car, C55 also, is having the same problem as yours. Our warranty just expired about a couple of hundred miles ago too. I'll let you know once I get a chance to check out the car.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:18 PM

A couple of Nissans, and a C55
I figured it out, and I am a moron. Evidently, I was not pushing the stalk in far enough.... Who knew.

It does make me wonder if the old pump was actually bad, and i just replaced it for no reason.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by loudandheard
My wife mentioned something about her windshield washer fluid not spraying and I have yet to check it out. There are no low fluid warnings, so I wonder if her car, C55 also, is having the same problem as yours. Our warranty just expired about a couple of hundred miles ago too. I'll let you know once I get a chance to check out the car.
did i read this right, you have a c32 and your wife has a c55?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by volksman
I figured it out, and I am a moron. Evidently, I was not pushing the stalk in far enough.... Who knew.

It does make me wonder if the old pump was actually bad, and i just replaced it for no reason.
Just confirmed with my wife this morning and that was the same issue with hers. She wasn't pushing the stalk back far enough.

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
Yup, you sure did read correctly. I always said that if we ever got another Mercedes it would have to be an AMG. Also works out for me, I get to drive it when ever I want to.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM

C230 2007
Red face Wiper Fluid Pump

Originally Posted by michael kuzni

You mentioned that you replaced your pump. I can not locate the pump, although I do have a replacement part ready to do. Mine is a 2007 c230 sport. Any ideas would be welcome.