C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

low power midrange third gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
low power midrange third gear

hi, I'm new to this forum. Still, I have a question. My 2003 C32 has limited power in third gear. It's not intermittent, it does not come and goes away sporadically. It's just always low, when shifting gears manually. It picks up at higher rpms ( say 4500 and above) but between 2500 and 4500, it barely accelerates. I have a CM30 intercooler pump, which seems to be working fine, and the car does great in every other gear, but third gear is incredibly sluggish...

I'm looking at trying out a pulley kit and ecu re-tune, but this third gear issue is annoying enough to make me think about ditching the car altogether and budget in a C63.

i otherwise love the car. anyone else had this issue?

Thanx
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I'm having a similar issue, but my lack of power is in the 2nd gear I think. I do notice that this does not happen when I first start up the car, but until it warms up. I think my issue is related to my pump which only has 50k miles on it. I don't know if my original pump had been replaced before, but I didn't replace until I had 100k miles on the car.

There have been issues with the CM30 pump going bad as well, you may want to check the fuse while you're at it.