C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Has anyone wrapped there roof with Carbon Fiber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C55
Has anyone wrapped there roof with Carbon Fiber?

Ive always loved the appeal of the E class with the the all black pano roof or even targa's and the M's carbon roofs. The carbon wrap seems to be pretty decent and has come a long way as for it's reproduction but will never stand up to the real look of CF and the way the light hits it in the sun.

I'm considering/interested in some previous roof wraps? Has it been done? I'm up for all honest opinions as for application, appeal, aesthetics etc.. I'm just a bit worried it will look cheap/fake. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Sea55
Ive always loved the appeal of the E class with the the all black pano roof or even targa's and the M's carbon roofs. The carbon wrap seems to be pretty decent and has come a long way as for it's reproduction but will never stand up to the real look of CF and the way the light hits it in the sun.

I'm considering/interested in some previous roof wraps? Has it been done? I'm up for all honest opinions as for application, appeal, aesthetics etc.. I'm just a bit worried it will look cheap/fake. Thanks in advance!
can you post pics of your car right now so we can get an idea of how it would look?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM

Mercedes C55
can you post pics of your car right now so we can get an idea of how it would look?
I dont have any pics right know although I bought a former mbworld members car aka Porschefan1013... The car is completely stock, Silver on black with silver trim..
Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
I dont have any pics right know although I bought a former mbworld members car aka Porschefan1013... The car is completely stock, Silver on black with silver trim..
oh no way you bought his car? that's awesome, matt (i think that's his name) was a huge help on this forum and he kept really good care of that car. posted tons of pics of it actually. i would not do a wrap on the roof if i were you. it'd be a different story if the car was white.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Mercedes C55
oh no way you bought his car? that's awesome, matt (i think that's his name)
Ha Yea! He's good people! I was tempted to ****** one of his pics but that would be flat out unethical!

As for the roof I agree white is waay more sexier although i dont think it would look bad on silver. There are bultiple shades of the CF now.. I'm just stumped on what to do.. I want to keep the car as stock as possible and figured if I wrapped the roof I would be inclined to go for the diffuser and front CF lip thus physically making me throw some graphite colored wheels.. The wheels may not happen anytime soon.. I've never been a fan of CF unless its practical although I dont know what else to do..
Old 01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ha Yea! He's good people! I was tempted to ****** one of his pics but that would be flat out unethical!

As for the roof I agree white is waay more sexier although i dont think it would look bad on silver. There are bultiple shades of the CF now.. I'm just stumped on what to do.. I want to keep the car as stock as possible and figured if I wrapped the roof I would be inclined to go for the diffuser and front CF lip thus physically making me throw some graphite colored wheels.. The wheels may not happen anytime soon.. I've never been a fan of CF unless its practical although I dont know what else to do..
yea i'm glad he passed the car down to good hands.

i agree on subtle mods. my friend (AMG3.2 on here) has a c32 and his car is silver as well. he did a CF front lip and it looks really good. matt had a flat badge on the (your) car and if i recall correctly, i think he did a blacked out grille. i recommend getting the front lip for it and wrapping just the rear spoiler lip in CF or getting a whole new one. there are vendors on here that sell both. just a few suggestions look through the picture thread and see what people have done and what you like.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Since I have some carbon fiber and Michael mentioned me, I might as well jump in!

I think some carbon parts look good on silver cars. I just have the front lip for now, but I want to get the diffuser for the rear bumper eventually. I also want to get the carbon fiber door sills to tie it all together.

Personally, the carbon fiber roof would just be too much on a silver car.

I think on a white or black car it would work, but silver... I'm not to sure.

There is a member on here that does a lot of wrapping a post a lot of pics of his work, which is great, if I may add.

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...hics-more.html
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Here is my E with a cf wrapped roof.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
i think CF roof wrap works with silver if u complement it with the front lip and rear lip, as in the pics above... maybe add the roof spoiler too, to top it all off. looks clean, Aknight!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Alot of the E39 BMW guys did this, when I was on the forum.

I would never do carbon fiber wrap the roof on any car, comes off as tacky IMO.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Here is my E with a cf wrapped roof.

that white E55

like i said, white cars+wrapped roof=

oh and your car too andrew!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Mercedes C55
yea i'm glad he passed the car down to good hands.

i agree on subtle mods. my friend (AMG3.2 on here) has a c32 and his car is silver as well. he did a CF front lip and it looks really good. matt had a flat badge on the (your) car and if i recall correctly, i think he did a blacked out grille. i recommend getting the front lip for it and wrapping just the rear spoiler lip in CF or getting a whole new one. there are vendors on here that sell both. just a few suggestions look through the picture thread and see what people have done and what you like.
Thanks Michael

I purchased the car with no modifications of any sort with exception to the clear lenses on the bumper.. If I do decide to go with any modifications I think I may go towards that direction, i.e diffuser, debadge, front lip, rear spoiler etc.. but it has to happen all AT ONCE ! and I have been looking but every time I start looking at spoilers for example I get distracted and start looking at renntech superchargers

Since I have some carbon fiber and Michael mentioned me, I might as well jump in!

I think some carbon parts look good on silver cars. I just have the front lip for now, but I want to get the diffuser for the rear bumper eventually. I also want to get the carbon fiber door sills to tie it all together.

Personally, the carbon fiber roof would just be too much on a silver car.

I think on a white or black car it would work, but silver... I'm not to sure.

There is a member on here that does a lot of wrapping a post a lot of pics of his work, which is great, if I may add.
Thanks AMG 3.2,

I know I couldn't get past the glossy sunroof as it would bother me a bit.. Dont get me wrong it looks good but now that i think about it NO car manufacturer would put a sunroof in a CF roof as it defeats every possible principal. I then started thinking about high gloss like the W211's but it just wont work IMO..

I think I have successfully typed myself out of this idea.. Thanks Guys !!!

From the Sea55

Alot of the E39 BMW guys did this, when I was on the forum.
Not Sure why but I think its a bit easier for any BMW to pull it off.. IMO Although a lot of them probably didn't pay for the upgrade on their M/// and think they can get away with the wrap..
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
Car looks sweet AK! What size are your wheels and offset?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM

Mercedes C55
Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Metropolitan
My car is the same color as AK and is going to be wrapping my rook with glossy black vinyl. My E63 front bumper is on the way from Gary and now just looking for a set of rims but, need to figure out what offset fits the best.

Are you going to vinyl it yourself?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 PM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Is that an E63 front on the white E55? It's hard to see if it has the fins on the sides. Looks really nice!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Personally, I don't like the carbon fiber wrapped roofs cause it' a flat black and I don't think it matches with the real gloss Carbon fiber look. I'd rather just go for a gloss black for the Pano look....

IMHO
Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Mercedes C55
Personally, I don't like the carbon fiber wrapped roofs cause it' a flat black and I don't think it matches with the real gloss Carbon fiber look. I'd rather just go for a gloss black for the Pano look....
Come to find out they make high gloss CF wrap.. curious what it looks like matched up to the sunroof?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
that white E55

like i said, white cars+wrapped roof=

oh and your car too andrew!
Thats my boy Dima's car.. Thing is nasty!
Hes got pano though, so no roof wrap for him.

Originally Posted by Duc1098E500
Wheels are 18s 8.5 in front and 9.5 in the rear.. Not sure of the offsets, as I bought them used, but they are custom made to fit the E55.

Originally Posted by Chedeng88
Is that an E63 front on the white E55? It's hard to see if it has the fins on the sides. Looks really nice!
E55 with E63 front bumper yes..
Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kinda wish I went with a gloss vinyl, but I like this look too.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
Originally Posted by Chedeng88
+1 I was thinking the same thing! looks great in white too
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 AM