C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My Alabaster C55 Tale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, C55 (Sold)
Originally Posted by AlabasterC55
Thanks! I am really in love with this car, and I havent felt that way in a long time. AMG truly lived up to my expectations.

I really wish there were more White C55 or C32s out there with Carbon bits on them so i could see... I am changing my mind every day on the direction. I feel like if i go Carbon Fiber lips then I will need to go blackout on the badges and grill. Which I am not opposed to completely... just not 100% sold on it yet.

As far as wheels.... I really havent given it much thought yet. I have searched and read almost ever post on the forum! (at least it feels that way) I am on everyday and have seen alot of wheels that I like but I feel like I need to pic a direction first then get wheels to suit. Open to suggestions!
Congrats! C55s are definitively great cars and must drive with passion. Just keep close check on the speedometer, to avoid tickets.

My friend had a C32, white as yours, and he dropped a CF spoiler. The looks was very nice. He also added the C63 wheels on it and the looks were awesome. Shame that he had to sell it, since he was getting a great deal on a brand new C350. But I can assure you that white combined with CF accents look real good!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM
pww

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 C55 AMG
Haha its funny reading through your old cars, we share some similar feelings. I had an 07 A4 and loved it, had a Saab 9-5 and hated it so badly..

Welcome and enjoy!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Ultra Stone
"i got 2 blocks out of the dealer's parking lot and I was SOLD!"

Great looking car and nice story about picking it up. I was just looking for a fling and two blocks later I was also in love. I tried to talk myself out of buying it but 3 weeks later it was added to the garage.

Agree that the standing star should go. I really don't like the look of it. CF would probably look like ****e on mine, but I think it would be really nice with the alabaster. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Enjoy
Seems to happen with these cars! Thanks!

Originally Posted by LuisC55AMG
Congrats! C55s are definitively great cars and must drive with passion. Just keep close check on the speedometer, to avoid tickets.

My friend had a C32, white as yours, and he dropped a CF spoiler. The looks was very nice. He also added the C63 wheels on it and the looks were awesome. Shame that he had to sell it, since he was getting a great deal on a brand new C350. But I can assure you that white combined with CF accents look real good!
Yeah the speedometer goes up quick! Luckily my V1 saves me quite a bit, and I do not drive it very often. Any pics of your friends C32?? I would love to see the look!

Originally Posted by pww
Haha its funny reading through your old cars, we share some similar feelings. I had an 07 A4 and loved it, had a Saab 9-5 and hated it so badly..

Welcome and enjoy!
Thanks for the welcome! The A4 I had was one of the first when they went to the B7, and the adaptive headlights were constantly failing, 3 times and they couldnt fix it. Also I found the tunnel where my legs went was too narrow. After driving the 6-spd for a few months i developed a bruise on my knee from it rubbing on the center console. Only kept it about 8 months. Oh BTW those Rotiform wheels you have/had are sick!

Last edited by AlabasterC55; 02-29-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, E55 AMG
2007 BMW 335i Coupe - Waste of $$, P.O.S., HPFP FTL
Btw, can you expound on your experience with the 335i? Seems like you really hated it.

I'm curious since I considered this one too before I got my C55, but I decided to scratch it off my list after reading about reliability issues, and problems with the turbo (especially the early 2007 ones without the extra cooler).
Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Chedeng88
Btw, can you expound on your experience with the 335i? Seems like you really hated it.

I'm curious since I considered this one too before I got my C55, but I decided to scratch it off my list after reading about reliability issues, and problems with the turbo (especially the early 2007 ones without the extra cooler).
Well lets see...

I traded my 04' BMW 330ci ZHP in for this car, and that car was spectacular. Not the fastest thing out there by any means but handled great, even on 19" ZCP M3 wheels and tires. Ok they were reps... but still! The interior was still in great shape at 100k miles when i sold it (had it since 24k miles). And never needed anything outside of regular service and a new Alcantara steering wheel that my SA good willed for me.

I always wanted the Natural Brown interior, and the 335 was Space Gray/Saddle Brown... so when I saw it I just started drooling. Then I drove it and the power was impressive, much more so than the 04' so impulsively I did the deal. It was a CPO car and looked to be very clean. I don't know if the guy who owned it before had put a tune on it and taken it off but from the first two weeks I owned it things started going downhill... Off the top of my head here are the things I had replaced (luckily under warranty):

(3) High pressure fuel pumps
(2) Coil packs
(1) Steering column
(2) Waste gates/ Turbos

Plus a bunch more little engine goodies that I cannot remember now.

It honestly spent more time in service than it did with me.

Other things I did not like:

The interior was pretty, but far inferior to the E46's, the quality of materials was terrible. It had that soft touch plastic crap that peeled after a while.

The iDrive was useless... completely useless. (The 09' LCI changed this a bit)

Overall the power was nice, but for every day that it ran great, it had a day where the Engine Malfunction message would come up on the screen and it would limp all the way home.

I was extremely disappointed with the car, I put a lot of mileage on in because for a period of time when i owned it i had a 68 mile each way trip to the office. I sold it at around 78k miles, took a big hit and said goodbye. I just knew it was going to get worse and worse and didn't want to stick around to live life after the warranty was gone.

Last edited by AlabasterC55; 02-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Well lets see...

I traded my 04' BMW 330ci ZHP in for this car, and that car was spectacular. Not the fastest thing out there by any means but handled great, even on 19" ZCP M3 wheels and tires. Ok they were reps... but still! The interior was still in great shape at 100k miles when i sold it (had it since 24k miles). And never needed anything outside of regular service and a new Alcantara steering wheel that my SA good willed for me.

I always wanted the Natural Brown interior, and the 335 was Space Gray/Saddle Brown... so when I saw it I just started drooling. Then I drove it and the power was impressive, much more so than the 04' so impulsively I did the deal. It was a CPO car and looked to be very clean. I don't know if the guy who owned it before had put a tune on it and taken it off but from the first two weeks I owned it things started going downhill... Off the top of my head here are the things I had replaced (luckily under warranty):

(3) High pressure fuel pumps
(2) Coil packs
(1) Steering column
(2) Waste gates/ Turbos

Plus a bunch more little engine goodies that I cannot remember now.

It honestly spent more time in service than it did with me.

Other things I did not like:

The interior was pretty, but far inferior to the E46's, the quality of materials was terrible. It had that soft touch plastic crap that peeled after a while.

The iDrive was useless... completely useless. (The 09' LCI changed this a bit)

Overall the power was nice, but for every day that it ran great, it had a day where the Engine Malfunction message would come up on the screen and it would limp all the way home.

I was extremely disappointed with the car, I put a lot of mileage on in because for a period of time when i owned it i had a 68 mile each way trip to the office. I sold it at around 78k miles, took a big hit and said goodbye. I just knew it was going to get worse and worse and didn't want to stick around to live life after the warranty was gone.
Stories like this is what made me stop looking at purchasing a 335i. What good is the modability of the car, if it is never working properly.

AMG FTW. Congrats on the the C55, looks great!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Thanks Nachtsturm, the mod-ability of the 335 is definitely great, but I didn't get to enjoy any of that. AMG FTW indeed!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Just got my LEDs!!!! Gonna put them in and take some pics...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Just got my LEDs!!!! Gonna put them in and take some pics...
Enjoy!

Just a tip: They are polarity sensitive, so test it out first before putting back and securing the cover.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Got them installed and Michael put a nice note about the polarity in the box! I was 50% on guessing right! But they are in, without being pushed in too much so they dont get too hot. Also got the license plate leds in! Took some pics, but will take more tonight then post!!

Last edited by AlabasterC55; 02-29-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 PM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
Agree that the standing star should go. I really don't like the look of it. CF would probably look like ****e on mine, but I think it would be really nice with the alabaster.
what word is that ****e? lol i spent about 2 minutes thinking about it
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Pics as promised! The last one is from its first bath at my buddies house after i bought it... The rest are from today. Pardon the dirt, it needs another bath. Notice the missing lens in the last pic.. they fixed it, but they will be paint matched soon enough.. also notice the girls pewter c230k, we have an MB household! All LEDs are 500k. Thanks AZN Optics!
Attached Thumbnails My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55ledinstall2.jpg   My Alabaster C55 Tale!-ledclosec55.jpg   My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55c230k.jpg   My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55nightled.jpg   My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55firstbath1.jpg  

My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55rearled1.jpg  

Last edited by AlabasterC55; 02-29-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG Sleeper
what word is that ****e? lol i spent about 2 minutes thinking about it
That is a really good question... please tell!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM

C55
It was actually a mistake , but I think its best to just come up with your own interpretation of what it could be.

would probably look like ****e on mine
-----------------------Whor
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
It was actually a mistake , but I think its best to just come up with your own interpretation of what it could be.

Oh, it's not "fibre"?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Thanks for the kind words! I am a bit torn on going the carbon route, earlier in my life it would have been a no brainer, but I dont want to make it look like a "boy racer" car nowadays, also i have a feeling once I get the first piece, its going to become a very expensive addiction

Glad to hear that the AZNs are a good choice. Michael seems to be a real good guy and after much searching I should have my LEDs in a day or two! I CANT WAIT! Let the modding begin...

P.S. Your car looks great with the CLK grill!
If you want a DFWDude flat badge for your C55 I have one in perfect condition (just rebuilt by DFW due to a rock chip) that I have for sale $75 shipped. Do a search, let me know.

Also, your car will pass emissions and gain more hp if you remove the primary cats and keep the secondaries. The log jam in the C55 is the Trottle Body (needs to be bored out to 78-80mm) and the OE headers (these are are terrible) Replace the headers with Kleeman's or MPH long tubes. Removing the resonator will do nothing but increase sound (to each his own). Can't get better than OE mufflers. After that, the remaining mod for increased hp (without s/c'ing or rebuilding the engine) is an ECU tune (by Jerry@Eurocharged), and a CF Renntech Airbox with K&N or BMS air filters. For handling, a TCU tune (by Jerry, if desired), a Quaife or other LSD and K&W V2 or Bilstein PSS9 or PSS10 coilovers. The remaining possible mods are legion and are more suitable for track cars or kicks. Have fun!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM

good, at least i'm not going crazy!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Mercedes C55
Congrats!! I'm not a Florida Gator so I went with the el Miami Heat LP!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sea55
Congrats!! I'm not a Florida Gator so I went with the el Miami Heat LP!
Go Heat! love watching their games... lebron is an absolute monster this year
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 PM

2019 C43 AMG
UPDATE: 5/6/2012

Car has been serviced at local dealership. Got a clean bill of health, all service is up to date, motor/tranny mounts, bushings, brakes, etc (all the things i was worried about) are good!! Also got my new AMG valve covers.

On tuesday I am getting my B pillars re finished due to some oxidation on the finish. Cant wait! After that a few minor cosmetics issues and she is as good as new!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Great looking C55!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Thanks Bobby!