C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My Alabaster C55 Tale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C43 AMG
My Alabaster C55 Tale!

Hello everyone! So on November 16th, 2011 I walked into my local import dealer after having already been there earlier in the day. I had been to every decent car dealership in the area that day searching for a new ride. As you can see from my sig I have owned quite a few German cars but the one I was driving was just not doing it for me (Passat). I had been searching and searching but for the first time in my life I did not know what I wanted this time.

I had been down the Audi route early in my driving life, and was not overly impressed. Out of the 3 BMW's I owned, I only really loved one (ZHP), but I was open to options. The only thing I knew, was I wanted power and quality!

Let me jump back a little, I had found my long-term girlfriend a c230 sport earlier in the year and was very impressed with it. So we pull into the dealer again and I say to her "Okay, its getting late, one last ditch effort then we will go to dinner".

We walk into the showroom and towards the back I see a white C class. I walk up to it and quickly realize what I am looking at, its a C55 AMG with everything except Navi/Command. I couldn't believe it! How did I miss this earlier? Honestly I had never driven a C55 before, but I did know what was under the hood. So i am sitting in it while on my phone looking at prices, specs, options, reliability etc. Dealer comes out and recognizes me from earlier, asks me if I want to take it for a spin. He also tells me that they never let people take AMG's out by themselves but he knows I have been in alot in the past and they are busy so go ahead. Well i got 2 blocks out of the dealer's parking lot and I was SOLD! I looked over at my girl and said "I am buying this car". Minutes later as I am tearing down the road in between lights, some guys in a truck at the light yell "that thing sounds awesome!".

After checking the Carfax (which listed all the maintenance records, and was impeccably clean). I said, lets get the numbers right and do the paperwork. I had to wait until the next day to pick up the car, that night was terrible, I do not think I slept at all. Anyway long story short... The C55 is mine!

Fast forward to today (2/27/12) and the mod bug has hit me.. My original plan was just to keep the car stock. It has some bits that need to be replaced or fixed:

1. B pillars need to be refinished due to some slight oxidation at the top
2. Wheels could use some love, some minor spots and needs new center caps.
3. Front lower mesh grill needs some attention (pushed in a little)
4. Standing star emblem needs to be replaced
5. Some scratches on the aluminum center console around the shifter

Other than that the car is perfect, leather looks brand new, interior is immaculate and the paint is in pretty good shape considering its a 7 year old car.

So far I have ordered:

1. AZN optics Parking Lights and License Plate Lights (5000k)
2. New OEM center caps

Thinking about:

1. Carbon Fiber spoiler
2. Carbon plate frame to match
3. Carbon front lip
2. Flat hood badge (or new star)
3. HR Sport Springs
4. Resonator Delete
5. Cat Delete

Trying to keep it simple and clean.

and also:

Correcting all the areas I mentioned earlier.

So thanks for reading my long post... I will be updating as I add bits to the car and I am open to all suggestions (esp when it comes to vendors and mods), criticism and questions.

Special thanks to all those who have already helped with their posts and response to my previous threads!

Cheers!

Joe

P.S. Here are some pics... will post more soon!
Attached Thumbnails My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55rear.jpg   My Alabaster C55 Tale!-c55garage.jpg  

Last edited by AlabasterC55; 02-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Can we trade paint, I'm in love with that white. Congratulations on the purchase, I doubt you'll buy anything but AMG's from now on.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Can we trade paint, I'm in love with that white. Congratulations on the purchase, I doubt you'll buy anything but AMG's from now on.
Thanks Chris, I doubt it too. I think this one is gonna keep me satisfied for quite a while. As far as the paint, this is my first white car and I love it!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Alabaster white and diamond black are the best colors.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Do the secondary cat and the resonator delete! My car already had those mods done before I bought it in November (like 10 days before you bought yours!!) and honestly I didn't even notice the noise until I looked underneath the car. Nice bark when on the throttle, and even some crackle and pops if you give it a lot of throttle and then suddenly lift off.

I was afraid to do this on my C43, but when I get it running again I think I will go ahead and do it on that car too.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, didn't notice until now that you had a Viggen - that's almost my alma mater. I never had one, but I did have a string of Saabs in the day. I do have to agree with you - and you can see in my sig - the C55 is just a lovely lovely car.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
BTW, didn't notice until now that you had a Viggen - that's almost my alma mater. I never had one, but I did have a string of Saabs in the day. I do have to agree with you - and you can see in my sig - the C55 is just a lovely lovely car.
Thanks for the tip on the Res/Cat delete! I am more nervous about the cat then the resonator. Also the Viggen was an insane car, I actually had it at the same time I had my 04' BMW 330 ZHP, and I used the Viggen as my work car, lol. It was alot of fun but scary to drive close to the limit.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM

2019 C43 AMG
BTW I saw a 900 the other day on the road, I still love that body style!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yup, the old classic 900s are rare beasts these days. I smile whenever I see one, which is really infrequently. I have a standing deal to buy my old car back from the guy I sold it to, if he ever tires of it.

Did you mod the Viggen? Plenty of power to be had, and then they had those anti torque steer fixes available too.

Re the cat delete on the C55, are ou worried about emissions? I think guys have passed even with the secondaries deleted, but I'd search or ask to be sure. They don't test here so it's not a factor for me, but I was worried it would be too intrusive and loud, but it is quite mellow, very tolerable. You can notice it on the highway, but I don't find it annoying or anything.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 S420 2006 C55AMG 2002Mustang GT
yea it passes with the secondaries gone.... chalk it up to uber deutsche maschinenbau, wonderful story man.... took a good week or so to hit me that i own such a rare car from such a great pedigree/breed.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:21 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Yup, the old classic 900s are rare beasts these days. I smile whenever I see one, which is really infrequently. I have a standing deal to buy my old car back from the guy I sold it to, if he ever tires of it.

Did you mod the Viggen? Plenty of power to be had, and then they had those anti torque steer fixes available too.

Re the cat delete on the C55, are ou worried about emissions? I think guys have passed even with the secondaries deleted, but I'd search or ask to be sure. They don't test here so it's not a factor for me, but I was worried it would be too intrusive and loud, but it is quite mellow, very tolerable. You can notice it on the highway, but I don't find it annoying or anything.
Yeah it is very rare to see the 900's, I always had an interest in Saab's so when I saw the Viggen I had to have it. I did not mod it, at the time I was putting most of my time into the BMW. I honestly wish I would have kept the Viggen longer and done more with it, but there was just something about it being FWD, I couldn't commit to it long term.

As far as the cat delete, I am not worried about emissions because in Florida we dont have any! I am just worried about any ill effects it could have on the car, as well as it being a bit too much noise/drone.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGnut88
yea it passes with the secondaries gone.... chalk it up to uber deutsche maschinenbau, wonderful story man.... took a good week or so to hit me that i own such a rare car from such a great pedigree/breed.
Thanks! Yes it still makes me smile every time I open the garage door. I do not drive very much anymore, I work from home so whenever I take it out it is a treat!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Nice story! Alabaster white and CF will go well together

I've only done CLK grille, flat hood emblem and AZN park/license plate lights so far. The AZNs are well worth it, still no problems so far after 9 months of usage.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 AM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Chedeng88
Nice story! Alabaster white and CF will go well together

I've only done CLK grille, flat hood emblem and AZN park/license plate lights so far. The AZNs are well worth it, still no problems so far after 9 months of usage.
Thanks for the kind words! I am a bit torn on going the carbon route, earlier in my life it would have been a no brainer, but I dont want to make it look like a "boy racer" car nowadays, also i have a feeling once I get the first piece, its going to become a very expensive addiction

Glad to hear that the AZNs are a good choice. Michael seems to be a real good guy and after much searching I should have my LEDs in a day or two! I CANT WAIT! Let the modding begin...

P.S. Your car looks great with the CLK grill!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AlabasterC55

P.S. Your car looks great with the CLK grill!

Thanks! I keep switching back and forth between the CLK and OEM slat grille every few months depending on my mood. I guess I just want her to look a little bit different from time to time. So my suggestion is that you keep all the orig. parts just in case you grow tired of your mods.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 AM

03 amg
That white is stunning on that car.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 PM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Congratulations on the purchase, I doubt you'll buy anything but AMG's from now on.
+1 AMG all the way

great story, and thanks for sharing your "AMG epiphany" with us you'll be happy with it and it'll run a long, long time for ya!

Look forward to seeing the cf lips and grille swap / flat badge, really adds to aggressive front stance of the car, in my opinion. Give any thoughts to wheels yet? Lucky you can run summer tires year round!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG Sleeper
+1 AMG all the way

great story, and thanks for sharing your "AMG epiphany" with us you'll be happy with it and it'll run a long, long time for ya!

Look forward to seeing the cf lips and grille swap / flat badge, really adds to aggressive front stance of the car, in my opinion. Give any thoughts to wheels yet? Lucky you can run summer tires year round!
Thanks! I am really in love with this car, and I havent felt that way in a long time. AMG truly lived up to my expectations.

I really wish there were more White C55 or C32s out there with Carbon bits on them so i could see... I am changing my mind every day on the direction. I feel like if i go Carbon Fiber lips then I will need to go blackout on the badges and grill. Which I am not opposed to completely... just not 100% sold on it yet.

As far as wheels.... I really havent given it much thought yet. I have searched and read almost ever post on the forum! (at least it feels that way) I am on everyday and have seen alot of wheels that I like but I feel like I need to pic a direction first then get wheels to suit. Open to suggestions!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
White+dry CF+matte black details... *drool

Good looking car, keep us updated with pics!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM

2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
White+dry CF+matte black details... *drool

Good looking car, keep us updated with pics!
Thanks! I definitely will keep it updated with pics. Expecting my LEDs tomorrow or Thursday.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re cat delete - I forgot to mention that it sounds wicked on cold start. Whether its first thing in the morning or after a long day at the office, the bark and roar on cold start instantly makes me feel better. Worth the price of admission alone!

Re wheels - I'm currently counting my pennies for a set of Forgestar F14s...see modbargains.com for good pricing.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

N/A

Re wheels - I'm currently counting my pennies for a set of Forgestar F14s...see modbargains.com for good pricing.
We'll beat that Send us a PM!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 AM

Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Chedeng88
Thanks! I keep switching back and forth between the CLK and OEM slat grille every few months depending on my mood. I guess I just want her to look a little bit different from time to time. So my suggestion is that you keep all the orig. parts just in case you grow tired of your mods.
Damnn ur C55 is lowered huh? if so what shock/springs?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mshields818
Damnn ur C55 is lowered huh? if so what shock/springs?
Mine's not lowered. Stock suspension.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM

C55
"i got 2 blocks out of the dealer's parking lot and I was SOLD!"

Great looking car and nice story about picking it up. I was just looking for a fling and two blocks later I was also in love. I tried to talk myself out of buying it but 3 weeks later it was added to the garage.

Agree that the standing star should go. I really don't like the look of it. CF would probably look like ****e on mine, but I think it would be really nice with the alabaster. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Enjoy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Alabaster C55 Tale!