C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Hello all, I'm new to this forum,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honda 2011
Hello all, I'm new to this forum,

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, but I have owned my C55 for about 5 years now. Owning this car has been an awesome experience, I currently have about 53K miles on it already, and this year the car has been in the service shop more often this year than I would have liked, this year was a big year for expenses. Just this year I had the voltage regulator fail, and valve gaskets on both sides replaced. I also did a trans and brake fluid flush this year. But as of now, the car is in the shop for a fuel leak. When filling the tank with gas, I would notice a heavy gas smell. Originally you could smell it more just outside the car near the rear doors. Last week, the interior started smelling more - and we have kids. So we took it in immediately.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Angry

Damn, thats not the second time I hear this kind of crazy story

I might be completely mistaken here but it seems to always happen on US version of the C55...
Is it just that i don't know enough European owners or the US version of the C55 has a different gas tank? (due to crash test regulations in the US.. pure speculation!).

Anyway, I hope this will get solved soon and fyi I remember reading a similar story on this forum so try the sear section.

btw welcome to this forum Sir
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Check out these links, seems to be a common problem with a lot of the newer mercedes.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-2005-c55.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...leaks-e55.html
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Wow this is the second C55 that has this issue besides countless E Classes
There have been over 70 claims on NHTSAs website and bc of the post in the last few days add a few more.

Hopefully its not your daily driver
Ive had the fuel problem for well over two years and i only leave 1/2 a tank of gas when i fill up. I cleared the code everytime it comes up.

If you can, do not pay for it until the Mercedes is forced to recall their cars and fix the problem on their dime. Way too many people have been pressured or coerced to pay for this fix to which even the federal government has determined that this falls under the emissions category which is covered by MB's own 8yr/80000 mile warranty. However they wont cover this. The dealer lies and cover ups and tries to tell you this is a wear and tear item. Im surprised no one has passed out from the fumes. I only filled up my car once when i first bought it and never again after the first night in my garage. I went out of town the next morning for a week and left the keys with my neighbor asking them to drive the car till empty.

It serves MB right, they neglected this problem for years forcing people to pay for a defect they should have fixed themselves. Now 8 years later and how many cars, the federal govt might make them pay for this error.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
Sorry you've experienced so many issues this past year! Fortunately mine (and many many others) have been less temperamental and I just passed 80k last month, so I hope your issues is resolved quickly and cost effectively, and the car will be more reliable for you going forward

also, welcome to the forum! i think you'll find members here to be very responsive, helpful and with good attitudes all around!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by loudandheard
Check out these links, seems to be a common problem with a lot of the newer mercedes.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-2005-c55.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...leaks-e55.html

Old 03-12-2012, 12:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C43 AMG
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your luck this year with the C55. I have been on a lot of different forums, but in the short time I have been here it is by far the best community. You will enjoy it.