C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

03 C32 Center Vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
03 C32 Center Vents

I'm having an issue with my interior center vents. It looks like the right side of them isn't in all the way. I'm guessing the custom audio shop that installed my new radio had to remove them and either broke something or couldn't get them back in right.

I've tried to remove the vents to reinstall them, but when I try to move the tabs so I can move the vents up it does not let me do that.

Any ideas?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Here's a link with pics and instructions. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tructions.html

It's a pain to do, but you have to move the tabs just enough so the vents will move further than what they normally do, to get access to the screws down low and the tabs up top. You have to be careful when doing the top, because they are held in place by a plastic looking gear and it's easy to break if you try to force it out. Mine broke and it doesn't sit perfectly in place anymore, difficult to notice unless you know what you're looking for.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Thanks for the link! That helped.

I figured out what the problem was, the screw on the left hand side wasn't even screwed in, the people that installed my Stereo must not have put it back right.